IGNORED

When your children isnt interested in God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,828
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

35 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Its a fake convo based on an actual situation I know of. I chose the cartoon image cause it wouldnt be right to put a real humans pic

What were we supposed to gain from this.

The person taking the picture was obviously at the party having a good time.  Why did he/she send the inappropriate picture to a man who was not her father.

Just go ahead and tell us what we were supposed to have gotten from this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

28 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Taking  a photo of a girl with her skirt up and sending it to people not in her family just for kicks is NOT a village raising young people.  Hypothethically, if she were one year younger in some states, sending the photo [fake as it is in the OP] might get the sender of the photo in trouble.

I certainly hope you don't think doing something like this in real life with real photos is the Christian thing to do.

Again, hypothetically, why did the person who took the photo [yes, I know it's a cartoon, but it represents a real photo in the story], but why did that person send it to a MAN who is NOT her father?

That's just creepy!!

Ah accuser of brethren hello again. The accuser speaks through many of us when we jump to conclusions, he spoke through St. Peter, “Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.” (Matthew 16:23).  In fact the devil’s other name is Catigorica, one who puts people in categories via accusation. 

For the record, I was not advocating taking any photos, its illegal without consent of the person being photographed in most states. You should never take a photo without permission. 

My point was directed to the concerned person addressing Anna’s parent and “it takes a village.” Being concerned isn’t wicked. Albeit he could have said so without the photo. 

Sigh.. Come Quickly Lord Jesus before we bite and devour one another, “But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.” (Galatians 5:15)

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  3,828
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Ah accuser of brethren hello again....

Are you making this reference to me?  Are you calling me the devil?

Did you think this hypothetical man contacting her father had the least bit concern for the girl?  He wanted the father to kick her out and he refused to acknowledge the request to pray for the girl.  Doesn't sound like a Christian village to me.

This thread has caused more harm than good.  Maybe it's just me.

I'm done.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,722
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

There comes a time when one may need to kick a child out of the home. But it shouldn't be because of how it looks on the outside. They are our children, we are to love them and try to raise them right. You can't force salvation on someone. If your child doesn't want salvation, and is living at home even as an adult, then as long as they respect common sense house rules (clean up after yourself, be respectful of those around you, if over 18 perhaps contribute rent whatever) them I would have no issue with my children staying with me even as adults if they chose not to pursue God.

After all...parents are after all one of if not the biggest influence on a child's life. And while they maybe going to parties on the weekend they'll come home to Jesus. It's better then them not coming home and seeing Jesus, but rather a empty apartment.

Now if they're showing no respect for the houses, constantly stealing, yelling, cursing, destroying stuff etc. Then by all means kick them out after getting God's approval.

But the decision to allow a non saved adult child live under your roof needs to lie between you, God, and the child, not the busy bodies at church.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,131
  • Content Per Day:  9.63
  • Days Won:  149

I can't speak for other's children. I am guessing most children go through a phase, even if they are believers. When one of mine got older we had to have a few discussions while they were living at home and out of school. Never involved being kicked out. Just had to make a few rules.

When children are becoming more independent. They will often intentionally do the opposite of what their parents do, not necessarily to rebel but to become an individual. If my dad would have had long hair I would have probably opted to have short hair. One of the things my son did was grow his hair long. Very very long. Today his statement is a beard.

It's odd that I liked a lot about my parents, but didn't want to be like them. It's very easy to pick at people we live around all the time. Very easy to find their faults and flaws. FWIW to this very day I never found anything wrong with my mother. At least nothing of any significance. I had the idea I was going to do everything better than my parents. Not make the same boo boos they made. Yes I would get it all right.

You probably know how that one worked out.

The bible tells us if we raise up a child in the way they should go, when they are old they will not depart from it. I believe the Lord blesses HOUSHOLDS through faithful believers. A decision for salvation is still an individual decision. A child should understand the difference and hopefully SEE the difference in at least one of his or her parents. It might be years down the road, but I believe it will be impossible not to come to the right conclusions by observation and teaching. Christians are still individuals, so we don't have to become our parents when we get saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Starise said:

I can't speak for other's children. I am guessing most children go through a phase, even if they are believers. When one of mine got older we had to have a few discussions while they were living at home and out of school. Never involved being kicked out. Just had to make a few rules.

When children are becoming more independent. They will often intentionally do the opposite of what their parents do, not necessarily to rebel but to become an individual. If my dad would have had long hair I would have probably opted to have short hair. One of the things my son did was grow his hair long. Very very long. Today his statement is a beard.

It's odd that I liked a lot about my parents, but didn't want to be like them. It's very easy to pick at people we live around all the time. Very easy to find their faults and flaws. FWIW to this very day I never found anything wrong with my mother. At least nothing of any significance. I had the idea I was going to do everything better than my parents. Not make the same boo boos they made. Yes I would get it all right.

You probably know how that one worked out.

The bible tells us if we raise up a child in the way they should go, when they are old they will not depart from it. I believe the Lord blesses HOUSHOLDS through faithful believers. A decision for salvation is still an individual decision. A child should understand the difference and hopefully SEE the difference in at least one of his or her parents. It might be years down the road, but I believe it will be impossible not to come to the right conclusions by observation and teaching. Christians are still individuals, so we don't have to become our parents when we get saved.

I dont see him as being a busy body at all. If I saw a friend or brothers child doing something questionable,I thin its best to go to them directly as opposed to spreading it behind their back

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  543
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,139
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  243
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

and tell them to kick a child out of his or her home ?????  Says a lot about a person who is more concerned with appearances than people :emot-wave: finished 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2,246
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Well this is not my family I have no right to say anything. I truly think nothing. Its someone elses text do they know someone did this? I wouldn't  like it...yet its still going on. As long as it not our text huh

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/9/2022 at 1:29 AM, The_Patriot21 said:

But the decision to allow a non saved adult child live under your roof needs to lie between you, God, and the child, not the busy bodies at church.

default_thumbsup.gif.f8b5127f713d86a2e0634f2ea832a535.gif

I had Christian friends who told their children they would have to leave at age 18yrs, unless going to school/college. They had to get a job and act as an adult, paying bills, getting their own food/clothing etc.

Our children did the same, periods of college while holding a job. We helped 'start' in purchasing a car and helped 'start' with insurance and school. They took over quickly on their own. No workee no eatee. They were fast learners. We loved our kids.

I remember when my son was still at home about 18yrs old, working his own small business, and had a group of his church friends over who were all into the paint ball craze. They loved coming over to our place because they had thirty acres to set up their playing field.

They wouldn't start till it got good and dark, break up into two teams, and one team would ambush the trackers, keeping score. Lot of shouting/screaming/laughing)

The trouble with all this was they thought the best area to play the game(with 30 acres to choose from) was in a deep ravine about a hundred feet from our bedroom window, at midnight. After the second or third time I woke up and told my wife I'm going to run them off she said something to me I never forgot.

She ask me if it would be better if they were cruising the streets looking for trouble, or having fun with friends at home on our land the Lord blessed us with.......:unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1