• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Slibhin said:

If you think Orthodox Judaism is okay with homosexuality or abortion you'd be mistaken. I can't have an abortion unless it's a life saving proceedure. I'm not even allowed to use birth control.

It's not "my" Judaism, it's G-d's.

I don't think you are odd. I think some of the things discussed here are odd.

If someone isn't Jewish then I don't care if they are gay or about anything else they do, as Jewish law does not apply to them. If someone is not a Christian then why would you expect them to live under Christian rules? It baffles my mind.

Imagine if you and I were at a restaurant. The waiter brings you a bacon cheeseburger and a milkshake. I stand up and say:

"How DARE you! Don't you know G-d forbids that? Have you not read the Torah?"

You answer "I'm not Jewish" and I go "So what? I am, that's against MY religion and that's all that matters. It's my duty to control you and you'll keep kosher if you like it or not."

Would you bow your head or tell me to stick it?

Wasn't Israel at one time called to be a light to the nations?...not to control but to teach and be an example of God's ways and righteousness.  The Lord is God of the whole world, not just of the Jews.  He judges nations that descend into sin and debauchery and idolatry...this is why Israel was judged in 70 AD and this is also why we're seeing the western formerly Christian nations coming increasingly under His chastisement and judgment.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Not being Jewish, I would think May 14, 1948, and the 1967 Israeli Six-Day War would be significant events of Jewish historical importance.

Isaiah 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. [May 14, 1948, United Nations Resolution].

Ezekiel 34:13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country. 14. I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel. [Israeli Six-Day War taking back the mountains of Israel and control of Jerusalem].

My point is: The Lord God is the author and finisher of my faith. The Lord gave us prophecy, writing, and recording history in advance so that we will know it is from the Lord when it happens. In addition to proving He is the one true living God and not keeping His children in “darkness.”

Our entire Christian Bible [New Testament & Old Testament] contain roughly 2,500 prophecies. About 2,000 have come to pass to the letter, and roughly 500 remain to be fulfilled. The Christian Bible is about 1/3 prophetic. We see the remaining prophecies aligning according to scripture for the last days and arrival of the Tribulation.

Damascus, Syria, will be a heap of ruin overnight before long. Elam [S.W. Iran], where Iran’s nuclear facilities and underground rocket silos are located, will be demolished soon, and so much more [Isiah 17, Jerimiah 49, Psalm 83, etc.].

No man can predict one future event with 100% accuracy in such detail, much less thousands of them. What would the odds of that be, 10793084198371038510?

The apostle Paul gave a warning and message to his brethren the Jews. I didn’t write it, so any problems with it will have to be taken up with the One who inspired them.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

The OP has such a wide sweeping title that I feel I must include all religions in the question.

The short answer is yes, other religions are accepting of Homosexuality. Probably of abortion too. How does a yes on any of that affect what God teaches? 

It doesn't.

If you partake in a sin, chances are you will find a group somewhere that will accept it. 

He said, she said doesn't matter. What matters is what God said.

How am I to respond to what God calls sin in the bible? I am to identify it and call it what it is. I am to state my views in love and in a peaceful way to any who would ask or when God calls us to do so. I am not to condone, not to remain aloof about it. I am first to look at the sin in my own life, yet not to pretend I have no responsibility to help my brother if he needs help. 

Abraham was not on a crusade to evangelize Sodom, although he wanted to find a few good men there. God had already passed His judgement on the city. Lot was a lot(no pun intended) like some believers now. He chose to stay in Sodom and tolerate the sins. The bible tells us he bore the result of that association. They had to be begged to leave. His wife looked back ignoring angelic instructions and was destroyed.

We have a lot of "Lots"in what the opening poster calls religions, even so called Christian based ones. Passive and willing to be accepting from a distance. Look what eventually happened to Lot. His daughters were in danger and his home was mobbed by perverts looking for a good time with the angels.

This is what compromise will get you. The bible says, " Come out from them and be ye separate" . DO NOT be like the world neither entertain the things in it. Compromising Christians are suckers. " Whosoever is a friend of the world is an enemy of God".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

My Bible says the time shall come when they will no long accept sound doctrine but they will receive doctrines of devils 

It also says that we would see a great falling away before the man of sin is revealed. We are already witnessing the great falling away now. Soon the man of sin will be revealed

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

I believe that time has long been here already.

51 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Nowhere in the Tanakh do you see a command to try and convert others to Judaism. The laws of Moses are specifically for the Jewish people as part of G-d's covenant, or contract. In other words we are held to a much higher standard then non-Jews. Once the Jews settled Israel nowhere do you see them going out and trying to spread Judaism. We are also under strict orders to be kind to and not oppress foreigners, who are certainly not Jewish. As long as they were not promoting other gods or trying to convert Jews away from G-d they were left alone.

Jews have a principle called the Noahide laws which apply to all of humanity:

Do not worship idols (Sometimes stated as believe in God's oneness/don't be polytheistic.)

Do not curse G-d (Self explanatory)

Do not commit murder (Self explanatory)

Do not be a sexual deviant (A lot of debate about this, but universal is don't have relations with blood relatives or animals)

Do not steal (Self explanatory)

Do not eat any part of a living animal (In other words, do not be cruel to animals. Kosher laws require animals to die instantly before eating them)

Have courts of justice (In other words, promote justice and don't have a corrupt society)

No non-Jew has ever been put to death for violating these laws, even in ancient times.

Let's put this another way. I never even kissed my husband until we got married because I'm not allowed to touch men I'm not related to. It would be very easy for me to point fingers at a lot of people, including on this forum for being what I consider "sexually immoral" by my highly prudish orthodox standards. But it isn't my place to do so because:

a. They are not Jewish and it's not my duty to force non-Jews to conform to Jewish laws.

b. It's none of my business.

You're not accomplishing anything by trying to impose your morality on non-believers and in most cases you actually cause and even greater backfire effect because people do not like to be controlled. 

I forgot you don't know the scriptures very well. 

No it's not about imposing anything or controlling anyone, it's about lifting up the light (of God's word) so that whosoever will may come to it, receive it, and live by it.  Those who are willing.  Because as the scripture says only a remnant will be saved.

The body of Messiah doesn't impose or enforce laws....that's what government does.  It's like we have laws against stealing and murder too.....there are laws that are good to have in the land.

Are you familiar for example with where the Lord sent the prophet Jonah to Ninevah, a Gentile city, to preach repentance to them and warn of His judgment to come if they didn't?  And Elijah going to the widow of Zarephath to bless and keep her family alive in famine.....as well as Namaan the Syrian going to Elisha to be healed of leprosy? 

Encourage you to read the scriptures for yourself and don't rely so much on others to tell you what to believe.   Believe God and seek Him for yourself.  Scripture says let God be true and every man a liar....it even mentions the lying pen of the scribes in one place.  You can have a personal heart to heart communication with the Lord and be taught by Him, apart from Rabbis, priests and pastors.   Like Job who had only heard of Him by the hearing of the ear, but later saw and knew the Lord with His own eyes....the eyes of his heart really, by revelation.    This is why where Jeremiah speaks of the new covenant, saying no one in Israel will need to teach their neighbour.....all will know the Lord for themselves, not just by the hearing of the ear of what others tell them.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, Slibhin said:

I have 25 years of synagogue, so I think I know them pretty well.

If I put you in a position where you are forced to do or act a certain way via laws or some other unavoidable consequence based on my own personal religious views, how is that not controlling or imposing on someone?

Ah but you hold only to Old Testament correct? We have a New Testament. So when we say Scriptures, we mean Old and New Testaments, not just Genesis to Malachi. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Slibhin said:

I have 25 years of synagogue, so I think I know them pretty well.

If I put you in a position where you are forced to do or act a certain way via laws or some other unavoidable consequence based on my own personal religious views, how is that not controlling or imposing on someone?

If youre not a Christian, why are you in a Christian forum?

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

6 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

If youre not a Christian, why are you in a Christian forum?

She is welcome here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1