Brother Notlad

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Do you believe the Bible gives women the authority to preach? Why or why not?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

God appointed Deborah as a judge. What do you think she did ? Cooking and cleaning ?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

A great book on the subject is  “The Making of Biblical Womanhood,” by Beth Alison Barb. 

2AC3C2C3-75A9-44FD-B2F9-AA9C1F9E0B8F.jpeg.6db24e7ce6394a46b917f049a9820caf.jpeg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Preaching over whom?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

Well . . . certainly they can teach and preach (assuming that they have that gifting), as long as they are not rebels (Christian NOW feminist). It really depends on their hearts and attitudes towards church leadership, men, and the family and how God created order in them. Frankly, my wife is very skilled at teaching the Bible, and she ministers to adults in our church, men and women. I on the other hand have more of a gifting of biblical exhortation to God's people, and sometimes it has an prophetic edge to it.

I am sure that there will be those who wish to argue with me about this, stating the scripture that women should not teach men, and leave out the context and culture of the particular church at that time. Frankly, I don't have the time or inclination to argue with them about it, and won't go there, as there are much bigger issues that churches must deal with regarding biblical doctrinal issues that matter.

My thoughts . . . and my opinion is WHY would you want to suppress women from preaching IF they have that gifting? If they do not and try to do it, it will be obvious to all who hear her, and will be a lesson learned . . . unless of course people lie to her telling her that she did a good job.

Ray . . .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

Well . . . certainly they can teach and preach (assuming that they have that gifting), as long as they are not rebels (Christian NOW feminist). It really depends on their hearts and attitudes towards church leadership, men, and the family and how God created order in them. Frankly, my wife is very skilled at teaching the Bible, and she ministers to adults in our church, men and women. I on the other hand have more of a gifting of biblical exhortation to God's people, and sometimes it has an prophetic edge to it.

I am sure that there will be those who wish to argue with me about this, stating the scripture that women should not teach men, and leave out the context and culture of the particular church at that time. Frankly, I don't have the time or inclination to argue with them about it, and won't go there, as there are much bigger issues that churches must deal with regarding biblical doctrinal issues that matter.

My thoughts . . . and my opinion is WHY would you want to suppress women from preaching IF they have that gifting? If they do not and try to do it, it will be obvious to all who hear her, and will be a lesson learned . . . unless of course people lie to her telling her that she did a good job.

Ray . . .  

My wife also teaches in her women's weekly group at rotating to each different home. She has been teaching children and youth boys and girls for over forty years at church. Like myself she believes it is not biblically right for her to teach men, much less preach to them, nor would she feel comfortable doing so. When we have friends or family gatherings discussing scripture her knowledge of scripture comes out showing her wisdom. But from a "woman's" view, as she sees it, and rightly so.

When I am online and maybe searching a particular subject on u-tube for some insight to a particular scripture I occasionally  may come across a women teacher. When listening to them some how I 'feel' uneasy or a lack of being on the same mind set, as if she is talking to the feminine woman's view/understanding, great for a woman but not for the male mindset. I am not comfortable and sense(my spirit leading) I am being disobedient. And there are some male teacher/preachers I also get a spirit warning to beware.

We will reap what we sow...

God created male and female. Contrary to modern foolish beliefs about that, it is the creator who made us that knows they are different, not just physically and biologically, but mentally and emotionally. (Praise God!! :unsure:)
I think there is a reason we should pay attention to instruction when the bible speaks.
Have you noticed today how the male population has slowly become more effeminate, like in the rainbow crowd.

I always think when this topic comes up. What if I was born a woman? Would I want strictures churches have had on women since 323 A.D.? 

The Apostle Paul is clear, “There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:28) 

We are equal in Christ because we are One in Him. Jesus dwells just as much in a woman as a man. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Brother Notlad said:

Do you believe the Bible gives women the authority to preach? Why or why not?  

My answer is no, because “God is not a God of confusion but a God of peace. This is the rule for all the meetings of God’s people.

The women should keep quiet in these church meetings. They are not allowed to speak out but should be under authority, as the Law of Moses says.

If there is something they want to know, they should ask their own husbands at home. It is shameful for a woman to speak up like that in the church meeting. God’s teaching did not come from you, and you are not the only ones who have received it.

If you think you are a prophet or that you have a spiritual gift, you should understand that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command. If you do not accept this, you will not be accepted.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭14:33-38‬ ‭

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

6 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

My answer is no, because “God is not a God of confusion but a God of peace. This is the rule for all the meetings of God’s people.

The women should keep quiet in these church meetings. They are not allowed to speak out but should be under authority, as the Law of Moses says.

If there is something they want to know, they should ask their own husbands at home. It is shameful for a woman to speak up like that in the church meeting. God’s teaching did not come from you, and you are not the only ones who have received it.

If you think you are a prophet or that you have a spiritual gift, you should understand that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command. If you do not accept this, you will not be accepted.”

Tell me, what is it like living in the first century?  Do you walk around in sandals and a robe while tending your flock, returning home to eat gruel that your wife-slave has prepared?

It is absurd to apply the rules of first century Mediterranean society to twenty-first century western society.  Women are highly educated and highly qualified to perform any role in modern society, including the ministry.

Unless you're a Jew -- and there are female rabbis today -- forget the "law of Moses"; and try living under God's grace.  As was posted above, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus."  Galatians 3:28

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

There were pythonesses, women who controlled men with their oracle sorcery (& fornication) and they had joined the church to continue their control; Paul saw this and forbid they teach in certain chuches. Note, Paul does not tell other churches to not let them teach, but rather esteems leader women of the church like Phoebe, “I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant (διάκονονdiakonona, an obsolete diako; an attendant, i.e. a waiter; specially Christian teacher and pastor, Paul calls himself servant in Romans 1:1) of the church in Cenchrea.” (Romans 16:1) 

Edited by Fidei Defensor