Modern Day Prophets

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

You brought something up I'd like to discuss further, but work calls. I'll return when things slow down and do that on my phone. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

@Marathoner I guess I don't see why God can't use broadcasting as a tool if He desires it. That might be the only area we differ in. 

This would, of course be different if the Lord had a word for only one person and God lays it on the heart of someone to approach that person. I believe that "IF" God is giving someone a revelation of some kind that will affect a large group of people, then broadcasting might be an effective means to get the message out there via YouTube or similar. I might further conclude that in order for the entire world to see something ( such as at least one biblical event mentioned indicates) Broadcasting is a likely answer.

I heard a preacher say the other day that God never intended for a person with a prophecy to go hide it under a rock. Essentially, according to him, they have a responsibility to use what they have seen for whatever purpose it was intended. It's like they received a hot potato and they need to unload it ASAP.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

4 hours ago, Starise said:

I am writing this to get thoughts on the criteria you might use to either accept or reject person who claims a word from God, a special dream or vision.

One place in the bible says this:

Joel 2:28

“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

And almost word for word here:

Acts 2:17

“’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

This is I believe, a reminder of the original comment in Joel.

We also have this:

2 Peter 1:20-21

20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation. 21 For no such prophecy was ever brought forth by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.…

There are many who are coming out with "visions and prophecies". I put this in quotes because this is their claim and not necessarily proven.

One such prophetic dream I recently read claims there will be a terrible tsunami very soon and bad things coming for the US and Japan all very soon. Others made claims of even more extreme government upheaval than we have seen to date.

In most of these good news is nowhere to be found. Instead a dire and dark future is predicted. Many of these self described prophets are claiming to be Christians.

How do we know for sure when a prophet is false or when one is legit?

I received instant proof that a Christian was a prophet the other day. I prayed for God to essentially show me a sign (I forget my exact words). A short time later, a person professing to be a prophet on YouTube, Godshealer7, proclaimed there would be “thunder and lightning.” I went to work on what was broadcast to be a nice day and it was. Halfway through my shift, we experienced an intense thunderstorm with a great deal of lightning that came out of nowhere and left into nowhere as if someone (wink, wink) turned the light switch of this storm on and off. God always lives up to His word whether or not He says it himself or works through a person to deliver the message. I highly recommend her videos, she has made it clear she is a Christian proclaiming God’s message. 

12 minutes ago, Starise said:

@Marathoner I guess I don't see why God can't use broadcasting as a tool if He desires it. That might be the only area we differ in. 

This would, of course be different if the Lord had a word for only one person and God lays it on the heart of someone to approach that person. I believe that "IF" God is giving someone a revelation of some kind that will affect a large group of people, then broadcasting might be an effective means to get the message out there via YouTube or similar. I might further conclude that in order for the entire world to see something ( such as at least one biblical event mentioned indicates) Broadcasting is a likely answer.

I heard a preacher say the other day that God never intended for a person with a prophecy to go hide it under a rock. Essentially, according to him, they have a responsibility to use what they have seen for whatever purpose it was intended. It's like they received a hot potato and they need to unload it ASAP.

This relates to thousands of Muslims receiving visions of the Lord, from the Lord. Was a YouTube video required? Was a broadcast "ministry" involved?

No. God is perfectly able to speak for Himself, for He does whatever He pleases. Unbelievers can and do hear from the Lord as we have seen in this day and age, and also in the testimony of scripture. All prophecy which affects the world at large and all of mankind has already been given and recorded in the scriptures. What everyone needs to know has been delivered:

Believe the One whom God the Father has sent to speak to us during these last days. His Spirit is in the world convicting men and women as we write on this forum. 

The Lord revealed Himself to me when I was an unbeliever. I didn't hear Him through a radio or television broadcast; His Spirit came to me out of the blue just as He has done with many Muslims. I'm not saying that the Lord won't use such things, only that He has no need of them. 

So here is what I'm saying: God speaks to everyone in this world, and He does whatever pleases Him. The airwaves are saturated with "prophets" who love to declare this and that, and we have seen how the declarations of far too many have already been proven false.

Pat Robertson is an excellent example of a false prophet. There are many more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

5 hours ago, Starise said:

One such prophetic dream I recently read claims there will be a terrible tsunami very soon and bad things coming for the US and Japan all very soon.

Something like that, I think needs a definition of what "very soon" means, does God not know the date? It is also not that unusual for tsunamis in the Pacific. If that was about a terrible tsunami that affects Europe and the United States, I'll pay more attention if/when that happens "very soon".

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,955
  • Content Per Day:  5.49
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

6 hours ago, Starise said:

I am writing this to get thoughts on the criteria you might use to either accept or reject person who claims a word from God, a special dream or vision.

One place in the bible says this:

Joel 2:28

“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

And almost word for word here:

Acts 2:17

“’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

This is I believe, a reminder of the original comment in Joel.

We also have this:

2 Peter 1:20-21

20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation. 21 For no such prophecy was ever brought forth by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.…

There are many who are coming out with "visions and prophecies". I put this in quotes because this is their claim and not necessarily proven.

One such prophetic dream I recently read claims there will be a terrible tsunami very soon and bad things coming for the US and Japan all very soon. Others made claims of even more extreme government upheaval than we have seen to date.

In most of these good news is nowhere to be found. Instead a dire and dark future is predicted. Many of these self described prophets are claiming to be Christians.

How do we know for sure when a prophet is false or when one is legit?

I had the misfortune of dealing with a so called 'prophet' who thought he one of the second witnesses in Revelation.  He tried to use these claims say he had visions saying it was okay to be homosexual and transgender.  He claimed this was the gift of celibacy.  Needless to say I blocked him from all of my social media.  I did not need that kind of spiritual pollution.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

Pat Robertson is an excellent example of a false prophet. There are many more.

I am curious why he is false. Im neither pro nor con pat robertson. So I wont be offended

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

5 minutes ago, Mama Etna said:

I had the misfortune of dealing with a so called 'prophet' who thought he one of the second witnesses in Revelation.  He tried to use these claims say he had visions saying it was okay to be homosexual and transgender.  He claimed this was the gift of celibacy.  Needless to say I blocked him from all of my social media.  I did not need that kind of spiritual pollution.

I encountered one such claim. He caused some trouble here and had a lot of pride over 'being one of the two.' 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,955
  • Content Per Day:  5.49
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Unfortunately such claims are not that uncommon.

31 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I am curious why he is false. Im neither pro nor con pat robertson. So I wont be offended

Use the internet to discover the list of his false prophecies.