Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

How often Do you talk to God ? When is the last time you did? Can you talk to Him like he is sitting next to you ? Does God speak back to you?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I talk to God often. After all He is in control of my life 100% and He is in the drivers seat of my life. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  2

I talk to our Lord daily 😊

Yes, as if He were sitting next to me 😊

I don't hear an audible voice...but often appropriate/apt Scripture will come to mind 😊

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.71
  • Days Won:  149

Same here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

59 minutes ago, B-B said:

I talk to our Lord daily 😊

Yes, as if He were sitting next to me 😊

I don't hear an audible voice...but often appropriate/apt Scripture will come to mind 😊

Thank you for that response. Do you have a daily devotional? The Lord speaks to my prier through my Daily Bread devotion. I pray every morning but its like I speak to my best friend. Afterward I like to do my devotional. God uses my devotional to answer my prayers which I prayed just before. It's  personal like he was sitting next to me. I don't know how He talks to others, but God has spoken to me that way too many times for it to be some fluke.  It has left me in awe at times. 

I strongly believe we should pray every day knowing Jesus is right there and he wants to talk to us. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Do you have a daily devotional?

😊 … thanks for asking.. 😊

I read an online devotional by JC Philpot (d. 1869)..

6 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I pray every morning but its like I speak to my best friend.

This is lovely 😊 .. and I am with you too.. definitely my Best Friend 😊

8 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I strongly believe we should pray everyday

This is a worthy belief! 😊

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I talk to God all day long every day...    He's that much a part of my life.  Last time was just a few minutes ago.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

How often Do you talk to God ? When is the last time you did? Can you talk to Him like he is sitting next to you ? Does God speak back to you?  

In the morning when I start and at night when I finish. For sure.
I try to practice the presence of God during the day. Not always successfully/constantly. I still work in my shop throughout the week and try to consult God regularly, giving thanks when things are going well, or heed an instinctive halt to check something I'm doing, and often readjust a setting done wrong. More thanks. I come up with praises when stuff fits first time, and am constantly saying " O you of little faith. (and sorry Lord)

Often wondered what it was like when Jesus was a young carpenters apprentice, did He also talk to the heavenly Father during His work. When He was learning and smashed his fingers with the hammer driving a peg, did He just smile, or did He as fully man, sinless, praise the Father instead of cry out in pain like I might?  How did He vent?

I often consult God when I'm typing a reply on the forum, like just now.  Am I building someone up, am I edifying someone, or am I only trying to impress. I hope it is an insight/experience to benefit someone. God somehow will usually let me know with a sense of confidence, or a feeling to rewrite it. Not uncommon for me to do this several times, and then delete it.
So yes, He speaks, but usually through His word, that I have within me, scanning my thoughts, and keeps the checks and balances.

5 hours ago, Sower said:

In the morning when I start and at night when I finish. For sure.
I try to practice the presence of God during the day. Not always successfully/constantly. I still work in my shop throughout the week and try to consult God regularly, giving thanks when things are going well, or heed an instinctive halt to check something I'm doing, and often readjust a setting done wrong. More thanks. I come up with praises when stuff fits first time, and am constantly saying " O you of little faith. (and sorry Lord)

Often wondered what it was like when Jesus was a young carpenters apprentice, did He also talk to the heavenly Father during His work. When He was learning and smashed his fingers with the hammer driving a peg, did He just smile, or did He as fully man, sinless, praise the Father instead of cry out in pain like I might?  How did He vent?

I often consult God when I'm typing a reply on the forum, like just now.  Am I building someone up, am I edifying someone, or am I only trying to impress. I hope it is an insight/experience to benefit someone. God somehow will usually let me know with a sense of confidence, or a feeling to rewrite it. Not uncommon for me to do this several times, and then delete it.
So yes, He speaks, but usually through His word, that I have within me, scanning my thoughts, and keeps the checks and balances.

Thank you for your response . God bless

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

12 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Does God speak back to you?  

God does not speak to people so much as He gives us understanding and word packets. The Bible is pretty clear that we are to be a pleasant aroma before God. The angels mix our prayers with incense before the alter of God and the Golden Bowel. Long after the message is delivered we are still trying to make sense out of what was revealed to us. The angels work with us to help us understand. 

When I was going through a divorce my wife claimed I was hearing voices. The attorneys subpoena and affidavit me. Even my own attorney turned against me. But I do not hear voices so I just explained to them how God "talks" to people.