• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

5 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Are those your nails , kwik?...😮😮..they look lovely...and great shape...mine look horrible painted, they are short and stumpy..plus, when I had gel nail varnish applied, it all chipped after a short while...so I had to have the gel removed professionally.

Yes,thank you..... But as I said I've been at it for decades & started wearing them longer as a teen & then longer and for some years I wore them ridiculously long(3,4inches) so I'm very used to it,as a matter of fact on occasion I've chopped them down to stubs & found I was all thumbs and couldn't seem to manage!!!!

I'm sure I've looked like a clown when it was fashionable and went along with all the trendy styles in my youth and enjoyed the fun of it.... If it makes a gal well pleased when she looks in the mirror then " go for it"!I guess I'm also a circus lady with my tattoos but oh well,they're there from before I lived for Christ and don't bother me( or Jesus!).   What can I say," to each his own''

Oh but " manbuns".... I just don't think a young or old guy should look like a grandma,I wouldn't even wear a bun!!!! Lol

I do like men to look like men and women to look like women.I see nothing attractive about men wearing eyeliner, lipstick,eyeshadow or nail polish( except clear matte).... If they like their hair a little long then okay but pony tails .pig tails & buns.... Er hum,No.  I also wouldn't want to see women with bushy eyebrows,beards or mustache!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Show us your tats...I love tats....there are some amazing sleeves out there, the art work is truly amazing on some of them...

Nah,they are very old & faded..... I'm dark skinned & with my type skin the ink " bleeds" over time,does not hold ink well like people with a fair complexion..... Tribal band was so thin( single needle)and very pretty until the ink bled & you cannot even see the details,there's hearts & pegasus and other stuff but just looks like blobs after all these decades...

3 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

What do you think of micro blading?..

i have seen some disastrous results on some women...one eyebrow higher than the other 😮...deep thick black eyebrows, but as you say, each to their own...

As have I ,really disastrous - more often than not....  I wouldn't do it,mistakes are permanent - at least with an eyebrow pencil you can wipe it off & try again!

The few good ones I've seen were nicely done but too few,that's a risky move imo 

Reminds me-I was teaching a girl how to wax eyebrows way back when I let her do mine,I'll never forget the " huuuuhh" sound she made as she pulled back the muslin strip..... I had half an eyebrow! Imagine hearing that sound with permanent ink?   Rofl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Yes,thank you..... But as I said I've been at it for decades & started wearing them longer as a teen & then longer and for some years I wore them ridiculously long(3,4inches) so I'm very used to it,as a matter of fact on occasion I've chopped them down to stubs & found I was all thumbs and couldn't seem to manage!!!!

I'm sure I've looked like a clown when it was fashionable and went along with all the trendy styles in my youth and enjoyed the fun of it.... If it makes a gal well pleased when she looks in the mirror then " go for it"!I guess I'm also a circus lady with my tattoos but oh well,they're there from before I lived for Christ and don't bother me( or Jesus!).   What can I say," to each his own''

I wear my fingernails very,very short. There is a lot of bacterial and viruses that get underneath those nails.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I would never paint anything on my body and no matter how nice the art work is I never thought tattoos looked right on a body.

I mean, I guess some people could rent themselves out as human billboards.

The whole fingernail thing and women is mostly fake because they glue on fake fingernails. They sometimes almost look like predatory cat claws. My wife doesn't do any of that. She occasionally paints her toe nails, usually when we go to the shore. Guess who she asks to paint them? Yep.

My fingernails grow rather fast. I have to keep them clipped because it interferes with my violin and guitar playing.I'm not dainty. I look for the closest pair of scissors, or anything else that can cut nails. I have used wire cutters.

Edited by Starise
  • Haha 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,272
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

8 minutes ago, Starise said:

I would never paint anything on my body and no matter how nice the art work is I never thought tattoos looked right on a body.

I mean, I guess some people could rent themselves out as human billboards.

The whole fingernail thing and women is mostly fake because they glue on fake fingernails. They sometimes almost look like predatory cat claws. My wife doesn't do any of that. She occasionally paints her toe nails, usually when we go to the shore. Guess who she asks to paint them? Yep.

My fingernails grow rather fast. I have to keep them clipped because it interferes with my violin and guitar playing.I'm not dainty. I look for the closest pair of scissors, or anything else that can cut nails. I have used wire cutters.

Set up a jig on a workbench, flip a belt sander upside down, turn it on, and reduce those nails. Ooga booga. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,272
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

My late father's haircut solution:

Step 1: Grab the electric shears. Plug it in.

Step 2: Position the large trash can in the garage close to your body.

Step 3: Lean forward at the waist so that your noggin is suspended over the trash can.

Step 4: Power up those shears, and use them to liberate your noggin of undesirable hair. It falls into the garbage can.

Efficient! :39:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I have used sandpaper on my nails if I thought they were looking rough. They don't shine, however they sure are smooth.

Probably should do it again soon as they are beginning to look like the Frankenstein monsters nails.

I probably worry about toe nails the least. My only concern would be the mortician will have to look at them when I die 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Our cat is partial to purple nails.

20220528_221302.jpg

• Loved it! 2