• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Was God Jesus at the beginning, when he he created the world?

i know it probably a silly question..but, hey ho, I don’t mind looking silly,😀

Yes. 67968813-528C-46BF-869F-D9461482A0AF.gif.34aacf3677e3764f9e9519156deecc19.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, JohnD said:

There are higher beings than human beings (typically referred to as angels, cherubs, seraphs, and teraphs) that were: 

• believed to be gods before the real God straightened out humanity on the subject
  • worshiped as gods     "        "     "     "             "             "        "          "   "         "

And yes the context often indicates which is being referred to (and being straightened out by God's revelation on the subject).

2 Corinthians 4:4 for example refers to Satan being the god of this world (which does not legitimize his deity but rather his being worshiped falsely as a god or ruler). Once we learn that there is only one true God (Isaiah 43:10-11).

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.
NASB

Remember, I am only speaking of the word and the translated meaning of it.   The Bible calls many beings god.

Yet for us phrase is important when discussing linguistics of the matter.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

Our God is three persons but one essence. The three always work together in unison. This is what i understand from the trinity. The Father is known to the Jews, but Christians understand Jesus and the whole new testament is reference to Him. (Jesus) To believe in the Son we believe in the Father, this is according to Jesus in gospel of John. The Holy Spirit is and has always been around, using people and prophets and kings of Israel and inspiring writers throughout Jewish history.

The Holy Spirit speaks out loudest to me because He is the support system, verifying The Father and Son. Its impossible to be spiritually renewed, revived and completed without the Holy Spirit. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

17 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Was God Jesus at the beginning, when he he created the world?

i know it probably a silly question..but, hey ho, I don’t mind looking silly,😀

Not silly at all.

Jesus is God the Word become flesh (John 1:1 / John 1:14) without losing his deity (Philippians 2:6 in the Greek morphe theos huparchon = never ceasing to be God.

Jesus not only claimed to be the Great I AM (John 8:58 / Exodus 3:13-15) but Isaiah 44:24 declares the LORD (YHVH / Jehovah) created all things created in the beginning "by myself" "alone." And clearly that was God the Word (John 1:1-3) who became Jesus (Colossians 1:13-16).

In the beginning God the Word / Jesus created the heavens and the earth.

There is another point I neglected to mention earlier.

YHVH / Yahweh / Jehovah / the LORD applies to all three in the Godhead.

Think of it like a surname.

Jesus is a Father, the Father of creation. But he is not the Father, or better stated, Jesus is not his Father.

Hebrews 10:5–7 (AV)
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me**:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

** John 1:14 (AV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The body / humanity of Jesus is the only creation of the Father.

Hebrews 1:5–8 (AV)
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

The rest of humanity are created by God the Word (from Adam to the last one of us who will ever live).

Luke 3:38 (AV)
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. ← God the Word

We can be children of the Father of Jesus through adoption:

Romans 8:15 (AV)
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

The Godhead are equal, in unity and of the same mind. However in function there is a hierarchy. 

Divine  Procession.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit proceeds

* from the Father and

* from the Son and

* so through the Body of Christ and it members.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:07 AM, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

The whole of God can’t indwell us can he, that’s why he sent his Son ,then the Holy Spirit...?

If you are asking about the entirety of God... the universe and eternity cannot contain God.

27 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Yes, that was my point.😀

And at the same time, each individual in the Godhead is fully God (Colossians 2:9).

Also there is a verse that says:

John 14:23 (NASB95)
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Remember the scripture makes a distinction between "with" and "in."

John 14:17 (AV)
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

That it is actually only the Holy Spirit who indwells us. But in a real sense the Father and the Son also indwell us through the Holy Spirit (IMHO by theirs shared nature).

Ephesians 1:12–14 (AV)
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

1 hour ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Thanks, like everyone who has had their own personal experience of being birthed into Christ, we all come to the Lord differently, or should I say,God brings us all to his Son differently.

The only thing we all have in common is...we must believe in Jesus and even God imo brings us to that place, we do not bring ourselves..that’s the mystery of God’s Almighty power!

He testified to my spirit that I was his child, from day one I knew 100% I had been birthed into Christ/ Spirit gives birth to spirit..Born Again..

No one can see the Kingdom of God unless they are Born Again..God is Alive he’s not a doctrine.

Interesting. I had a similar experience.

Long story short, I was a 6 year old kid in fear something happened to my mother and younger siblings when they were late late picking me up from Kindergarten. 
I was told by my teacher to put my head down on the table we sat at and I saw the calendar with a picture of Jesus on the cross.

A peace and calm that passes understanding came over me, and I knew from that point on I belong to him. That was 1967.

I remembered Miss Maggard being nice and Godly, but I did not know how devoted she was to the LORD until I came across her obituary many many years later.

Ruby Maggard Obituary

I was a kindergarten student at Gardenside Church in Lexington, Ky where I got saved.

• Praise God! 1