IGNORED

Where Did The Demons Go After The Pigs Died?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I’m reading matthew 8:28 onwards. I would think the demons didn’t die with the pigs, and they will be around until Jesus comes back.

I don’t know much about the demonic, but I would assume they would prefer to have a host. So when the pigs died, any good theories on where they would have gone? Person to person?

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

They move easier and quicker in water.  I don't understand why, but that is what I was told back when I was researching and walking among them.   It appeared they wanted to disperse themselves away from Jesus as quickly as possible.   I doubt they would also want to be in a single person (that's just a guess on my part.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Open7 said:

I’m reading matthew 8:28 onwards. I would think the demons didn’t die with the pigs, and they will be around until Jesus comes back.

I don’t know much about the demonic, but I would assume they would prefer to have a host. So when the pigs died, any good theories on where they would have gone? Person to person?

Thanks

No, you are right, they did not die with the pigs.  The knew and still know of their final future torment and said so to Jesus.  They asked him if he was there to torment them before it was time.

So, they did not die when the pigs went crashing into the sea over that steep bank.

Where did they go? I don't know.  But this is what I do know.  Whereever they went and whomever they inhabited, they wreaked havoc and torment just like before.  They didn't want Jesus to destroy them, but they know NO remorse and live only to seek destruction with great abandon.  They exist only to destroy.

Here's something to think about.

If that legion of demons inhabited 2,000 pigs and were able to toss them headlong over into the sea.....

.....then how horrid, intense, and unfathomable was the torment of the two men that they inhabited.

This type of thing is no joke, no myth, and only Christ can rescue.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

This type of thing is no joke, no myth, and only Christ can rescue.

I might add that without the help and protection of the Holy Spirit, we should not interface with the demonic world at all.  We just ourselves do not have the authority or power to deal with them.    And I might add that if a person who is possessed is not ready to accept Jesus as thier Lord and be indwelt with the Holy Spirit, removing a demon from them can leave them open to worse things very quickly.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/16/2022 at 4:06 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

Of interest, the local Roman legion bore the mascot of BOARS. The Greek word for swine also means BOARS.

Mic drop, Jesus!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The late Dr Chuck Missler did extensive studies in this area and concluded that demons are not fallen angels

as many suppose. But rather they are the remnants of the half-breeds that were the offspring of fallen angels

and the daughters of man (Genesis 6).  That this is why they are constantly seeking embodiment.

This distinction would explain much.

Jude 6 (KJV)
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

So if a fallen angel possesses a human, they are tethered to the fate of that human being and then go to the abyss (the great gulf between Abraham's Bosom and hell Luke 16:19-31).

But demons (unclean spirits) go in and out of bodies (Matthew 12:43-45) ← which always puzzled me and [seemed] to contradict Jude 6 (without the distinction between fallen angels a demons, that is...).

In the account of the swine, I believe it was the demons legion that Jesus was casting out not just willy-nilly but apparently to the abyss and torment which the demons cried out about being "before the time..."

Then they petitioned Jesus send them to the herd of swine... notice they did not just go there to them; which may simply be because Jesus was in the process  of sending them to hell... or, perhaps it is not a natural

ability of these half-breed spirits of fallen angels and man to inhabit / possess animals.

Regardless, the swine would have no part of it and chose death over their own survival instinct rather than endure what the possessed human beings endure.

Interesting.

And it also gives us insight about why Judas Iscariot really committed suicide.

Satan entered Judas (Luke 22:3  /  John 13:26-27).

Jude 6 shows us what a desperate act that was to insure Jesus would be executed. The go for broke moment in the war between God and Satan. But before the crucifixion of the LORD Jesus, the devil realized he had played right into the hand of the LORD.

Jesus was always supposed to die for human sin (Revelation 13:8).

So Judas' apparent remorse to try to stop the crucifixion was actually Satan trying to stop God's victory over him.

But the devil did too good of a job corrupting those who should have brought the trial to a halt when Judas recanted his testimony.

Notice how powerless the devil was at this point.

Nothing is said about him exiting Judas.

Rather in  a rage he threw the silver blood money at the corrupt priests (who were so pious and religious as to use the money to buy a potter's field rather than soil their religious coffers...).

And in the same dire straits as the herd of swine, Judas (the man) could not live with the defeated, raging Satan within and took his own life.

Acts 1:25 (KJV)
25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Revelation 20:1–7 (KJV)
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The bottomless pit / abyss.

Thousand in the text is actually plural thousands.

The Church is the Kingdom of God in Earth since roughly 32 CE to present which is the first resurrection (Christ's resurrection the firstborn from the dead).

When this time frame ends, the devil will be loosed and the one Armageddon campaign begins. Those who believe this "thousand year reign" is yet future end up with two Armageddon campaigns and in a time when Christ is alleged to be literally reigning on Earth. That always bothered me, how people could be raised from the dead when Jesus returns to their eternal habitation (bodies) and yet some can still; rebel against him ... a real head-scratcher...  

Actually  the thousand(s) year reign of Christ has been since he rose from the grace 32 CE and in his absentia since he ascended to heaven until his return when the dead in Christ bodily rise and those alive on Earh at the time are changed (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 / 1 Corinthians 15:51-57).

Until then only the LORD Jesus is raised from the dead. He is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are we who take part in his resurrection (believe in Jesus) who will one day be raised to life eternal at the general resurrection when even the dead are raised so that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is YHVH to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:6-11).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Oh, to specifically answer the OP title:

This is where (the holding pattern) until Revelation 20:10-15...

2028493915_Sheol(2).jpg.5c5617d2e0ce49d56c9d69963686a4fc.jpg