• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

12 hours ago, Starise said:

Rosie if you were asking me, I'll take a stab at it. Otherwise I think a good dialog has been established by others. And, no matter who's fault something is thought to be, can we try to keep an efficient thread here? I am not finger pointing to anyone.

Just please think twice, no three times before we type something that may be damaging to someone else. I have had to learn this the hard way, and trust me it's always better to wait to reply or think about how we reply. If things can't be resolved maybe we can have a bull ring thread....second thought maybe that isn't such a good idea.

And Kiwk. What lessons from David do we want to question, or did you want to cover an overview of David's entire life?

Blessings- I did say" you choose",I believe? And then I did ask a specific question that came to mind in a following post- what was David's sin( regarding his taking a consensus)& I also touched on another question about " who or what compelled( invited) David to take that condenses

I tried to do the @Starise thingy but my phone just won't do it at times so perhaps you didn't see my questions? Sorry

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings- I did say" you choose",I believe? And then I did ask a specific question that came to mind in a following post- what was David's sin( regarding his taking a consensus)& I also touched on another question about " who or what compelled( invited) David to take that condenses

I tried to do the @Starise thingy but my phone just won't do it at times so perhaps you didn't see my questions? Sorry

In one place place in scripture it says God incited David to take the census, then in another area it says Satan incited David to take a census.  Explain that one??? 

In the Septuagint LXX text they both say Satan incited David. IMO opinion the LXX text is much more accurate then the Masoretic KJV text.

1 Chronicles 21 (ESV) Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel. 2So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”

2 Samuel 24 (ESV) Again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” 2So the king said to Joab, the commander of the army, who was with him, “Go through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and number the people, that I may know the number of the people”

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Ecc 12:6 before the silver cord is snapped, or the golden bowl is broken, or the pitcher is shattered at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern, 7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. 

Yes, it did.  BACK under the OLD COVENANT,  when they used to DIE under the law of sin and death.  NOTICE ECCLES -  OLD TEST.  All you need to show is where THAT STILL applies under the NEW TEST IN WHICH WE NEVER DIE.  

I do understand the CHANGE that took place.  Went from dying and being AMONG The DEAD because if you weren't PERFECT you had to pay the wages of death. 

but NOT ANY MORE.  Surely you have heard the GOOD NEWS!!!  You've  heard about all the work that Christ did, right?  

I give PRAISE to the Lord and Saviour that THAT changed.  THANK GOD we are no longer under the law of SIN AND DEATH, RIGHT?   

2 Cor 5:8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

That sounds as though the spirit or soul, of some sort of non-corporeal thing, still exists, but is separated from the body.

ABSOLUTELY, it MIGHT sound that way,  if THAT was all that was written RIGHT THERE but READ ON

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Absent from THIS body since we read
'it is sown a natural body, it is raised A SPIRITUAL BODY,

Not it is sown a natural body IT IS RAISED A SPIRIT.  

Those are not my personal THOUGHTS, those are GODS WORDS.  

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him.

2  Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Notice we don't come back for a body to receive things done?

Kinda hard to APPEAR if you have no substance, wouldn't you say? How would one 'receive' or how would one 'give' to a non being?   HOW EXACTLY is that like the 'angels in heaven' anyway?  How does anything happen to a NON ENTITY? 

Ever notice EVEN the DEAD will STAND at the GWTJ.  Surely God won't be judging the wind or air or breath then.   

How does one KNOW if they are naked or not, without a body?  

GO ON, keep SEARCHING to prove that doctrine,  RATHER than just READ and accept what is written. 

I sure do wonder  what God is thinking listening to everyones 'thoughts' when searching for 'words' to back up 'beliefs' rather than receiving beliefs from HIS WORDS.  He sure wasn't kidding about knowledge running to and fro.   

I guess that depends on how you define heaven, there is more that one heaven in the Bible, and more than one kind of heaven in the Bible. If being with the Lord counts as being in Heaven, then I think 2 Cor 5:8 shows that.

Really, you are going with that over all those?  THAT is what FEELS like truth?   OK.  I know I am prepared for the conversation that will be taking place on my last day. 

51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 

You DO REALIZE there will only be ONE SINGLE MOMENT in all time when those LIVING will not DIE/SLEEP because they are ALIVE AND REMAINING to the end and so will be changed RIGHT?  

You are not trying to take 'the mystery' of what takes place when the Lord returns as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS and trying to apply that to every moment in time before then, right?  What kind of  MYSTERY would THAT be?  NONE AT ALL.  

Did you ever REALLY REALLY READ 1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Do you REALIZE that A BODY COMING FROM THE GRAVE IS CORRUPTED? 

Do you SEE that corruption DOES NOT INHERIT IMMORTALITY?  

Do you see that THE DEAD when they are raised don't receive immortality but have to WAIT 1000 years for 'judgement' to FIND OUT if their names are written in the book of life or not?  

THAT is what HAPPENS TO THE DEAD who are RAISED at Christ's return.  Again, NOT MY WORDS.  

1Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The ALIVE AND REMAINING are in natural/corruptible bodies, but they haven't died and gone to be amonGst the dead SO THEY HAVE NOT SUFFERED CORRUPTION IN HELL, have THEY?  

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

AND WHO IS RAISED UP?  THE DEAD.  THE DEAD,  WHO WERE MOST LIKELY BURIED BY THE DEAD.  

PLEASE forgive me for all the CAPITOL LETTERS.  Not yelling just very very frustrated because here again NO ONE BUT ME SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO READ AND COMPREHEND what is simply written.  No one will SAY YOU ARE WRONG that isn't what is written, this is all they will say is 'it says this over there' and will never address what is written right here

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That seems to say, that both the living and the dead (in Christ) will be changed, so it is not the same body we died in. Also in 1 Cor 15:

THE resurrection is of BOTH the just and the unjust.  You aren't suggesting that the UNJUST are going to receive immortality when Christ returns, are you?  And you aren't going to divide them to 'back up some doctrine', are you?  

Again, God gives a body, not just making a decaying corpse stand up again. That would be the corruptible, not the incorruptible.

And what is written?  You sow this body which produces the seed that GOD gives a body to and EVERY SEED gets a body. 

We live in corruptible bodies, CORRUPTION comes from the grave.  

What isn't written ANYWHERE is we come BACK for a body.  

also WHAT IT ISN'T WRITTEN  is 

'it is sown a natural body,   it is raised a SPIRIT,

like EVERYONE keeps trying to tell me

even though we are all reading the same thing that says 

it is sown a natural body it is raised a spiritual body

corruption DOESN'T inherit incorruption.  What comes out from the dead is corruption.  

We see in that section, that there are Christians (those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and the word of God), and we see that they had lived during the great tribulation (they did not worship the beast or receive his mark). They, the Christian martyrs of the tribulation, had been slain, but then they came to life and reigned with Christ for 1000 years.

They RETURNED WITH CHRIST, they didn't come to life. Remember they were waiting in heaven GETTING ROBES and waiting and then they were returning, STILL ALIVE, having never died.  

I hope this was in some way helpful.

It is very helpful.  Thank you and THANK YOU for not getting mad about my CAPITOLS.  I try very hard to keep them to a minimum but on this subject, I have a very hard time and I get tired of retyping every one of them in little letters so a few make it through. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

19 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

It is very helpful.  Thank you and THANK YOU for not getting mad about my CAPITOLS.  I try very hard to keep them to a minimum but on this subject, I have a very hard time and I get tired of retyping every one of them in little letters so a few make it through. 

Not going t get upset over anything like that, don't worry about it. I have to get to bed now, and I have a big day tomorrow (daughter's out of town wedding, then church stuff all day Sunday). All that to say that I'll respond you your other reply, on Monday I guess, talk to you then!

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

In one place place in scripture it says God incited David to take the census, then in another area it says Satan incited David to take a census.  Explain that one??? 

In the Septuagint LXX text they both say Satan incited David. IMO opinion the LXX text is much more accurate then the Masoretic KJV text.

1 Chronicles 21 (ESV) Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel. 2So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”

2 Samuel 24 (ESV) Again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” 2So the king said to Joab, the commander of the army, who was with him, “Go through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and number the people, that I may know the number of the people”

Blessings Jedi

Great points & much controversy has come about over these 2 different passages ,many say it is a "contradiction".Over the years I have found the Word of God NEVER contradicts -true,some translations are better than others or rather,more accurate -none the less I see no contradiction here & I'll explain a bit,at least I'll try

There really is no Greek Work for "incited" if I remember but rather than getting into a whole lesson on Greek etc etc etc there is a simpler way,I'm going to use the KJV as an example

1 Chronicles 21 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel

And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.

satan has "provoked" David     satan outright "tempts" David to number them -influencing him to do what is wrong

2 Samuel 24 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

The Lord Gods anger is against Israel & so He "moves" David,DAvid is MOVED by God to be angered by Isreal .....but then Davids reaction is still to do what satan has tempted him to do(wrong)-taking the consensus.....and God Has Allowed it

That is what I see here,helpful?                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Interesting! 1

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Jedi

Great points & much controversy has come about over these 2 different passages ,many say it is a "contradiction".Over the years I have found the Word of God NEVER contradicts -true,some translations are better than others or rather,more accurate -none the less I see no contradiction here & I'll explain a bit,at least I'll try

There really is no Greek Work for "incited" if I remember but rather than getting into a whole lesson on Greek etc etc etc there is a simpler way,I'm going to use the KJV as an example

satan has "provoked" David     satan outright "tempts" David to number them -influencing him to do what is wrong

The Lord Gods anger is against Israel & so He "moves" David,DAvid is MOVED by God to be angered by Isreal .....but then Davids reaction is still to do what satan has tempted him to do(wrong)-taking the consensus.....and God Has Allowed it

That is what I see here,helpful?                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

I am not saying God's word ever contradicts its self.  Often its our faulty understand and other times is just a mis-translation.  This is why I study different bibical text and translations to get the true meaning.

I somewhat agree with your interpretation between the two reference.   Yes, Satan is the one actually doing the inciting for David to take the census, but it was also due to God's anger with Israel and God allowed Satan to tempt David.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Not going t get upset over anything like that, don't worry about it. I have to get to bed now, and I have a big day tomorrow (daughter's out of town wedding, then church stuff all day Sunday). All that to say that I'll respond you your other reply, on Monday I guess, talk to you then!

Thank you so very much for that.    Have a wonderful time.  

44 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I am not saying God's word ever contradicts its self.  Often its our faulty understand and other times is just a mis-translation.  This is why I study different bibical text and translations to get the true meaning.

I somewhat agree with your interpretation between the two reference.   Yes, Satan is the one actually doing the inciting for David to take the census, but it was also due to God's anger with Israel and God allowed Satan to tempt David.

I know you wouldn't say that😀..... I too love to parallel read ,& study multiple texts & translations.... It's wonderful!!!

Good talking with you Brother👍

7 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I don't have a dog in this discussion but I will point out that Ha Satan is an agent of G-d, therefore the one does not contradict the other.

Satan is a very mysterious character.  It does seem that Satan works for God in trying and testing the faithfulness of his people.  Adam & Eve, Job, David, even Jesus was tested by Satan.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 2