Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Im going to ask you a question Brother....

There are people that do not believe in the Triune GodHead as we do " God the Father,God the Son,God the Holy Spirit- yet say they are Born Again Christians because they believe Jesus is ( Lord)& Savior,the only Way to the Father and they are a " whosoever the Believes( John 3:16)..... I've heard folks say Jesus is not God the Son but Son of God,discrediting His Deity

Are they Christians? Is Believing in Christs Deity required to be " Saved"?

You said " ask anything",right? This has been a Topic Discussed here many times,I'm interested to  hear your input❤️

Your Sis,In His Love

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

53 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

There are people that do not believe in the Triune GodHead as we do " God the Father,God the Son,God the Holy Spirit- yet say they are Born Again Christians because they believe Jesus is ( Lord)& Savior,the only Way to the Father and they are a " whosoever the Believes( John 3:16)..... I've heard folks say Jesus is not God the Son but Son of God,discrediting His Deity

You said " ask anything",right? This has been a Topic Discussed here many times,I'm interested to  hear your input❤️

Your Sis,In His Love

This is a question whose answer drove a wedge between myself and many other colleagues in the faith. I say colleagues because we make many of the same professions about the Lord... some of which you listed above, Sister. But when it comes right down to there being a genuine Jesus versus a man made Jesus (a Jesus according to the will of man, opinion of man, tradition of man) these colleagues who once fought side by side with me in the evangelical trenches pull away from me like I smell awful or something...

The facts are:

• Only the GENUINE Jesus can save (2 Corinthians 11:3-4 / Galatians 1:8-9)
  • the traditions of man make void the worship of the genuine Jesus (Mark 7:7)
  • the tradition of man nullify the Word of God (Mark 7:13) which is the main way to authenticate the genuine Jesus (John 5:39-40 / Luke 24:27)

You may have your doctrine 99% correct, but if you do not have a personal relationship with the genuine Jesus (the actual Jesus):

Matthew 7:21–23 (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

From the scriptures we learn that Jesus is not only the Son of God (John 3:16-18) but the Creator God of heaven and Earth (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / ISAIAH 44:24 ← which states he did so alone by himself and it calls him LORD YHVH). In his deity, Jesus is equal with the Father (John 5:18 / Philippians 2:6 ← with an interesting clause in the Greek morphe theos huparchon = never ceasing to be God when he took on the form of a man) ← which 1 Timothy 2:5 / John 1:14 affirm the dual nature of Jesus (100% God 100% man).  This is also the answer to the prayer of Job:

Job 9:32–33 (KJV)
32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
33 Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

God the Word became a man (John 1:1-2 / John 1:14):

Hebrews 4:15 (KJV)
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

The daysman who can put his hand on man and on God is come!

He paid our sin debt owed to the Father and rose the third day (1 Timothy 4:10 / 1 John 2:2) with the only caveat being that we believe in the genuine Jesus to receive this forgiveness and eternal life (John 3:16-18).

John 3:16–18 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Any old Jesus will not do. And the deception runs rampant...

Matthew 24:5 / Mark 13:6 (KJV)
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

For expediency (which is another way of saying lazy, lack luster, or disingenuous faith) many will take the word of other men / women rather than search out the facts themselves. Eternity is a long time to be wrong about this. For ecumenicism (can't we all just get along?) or for the need to feel like we belong to a large group, many buy into the stats about how many Christians there are.

Jesus said "few there will be on the narrow way who finds life..."

Few or many?

Counting Roman Catholics and garden variety Christians, the numbers are supposedly 1 billion or so.

What about the Catholic belief that Mary is as much responsible for human salvation as Jesus?

The Mormons claim Joseph Smith is on par with Jesus.

Protestant denominations by the dozen are knock offs from Roman Catholicism without a Pope.

Certain "Christian" denominations teach that Jesus is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Some teach that Jesus was the Son in all eternity (Hebrews 1:5 disproves this indicating in the past he was not a Son and the Father was not a Father until the incarnation Hebrews 10:5).

John 3:18 determines the answer as to who is saved and who is continuing on to hell. The reasons may vary, but the crux of what makes the difference and certainty is the genuine Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Your Sis,In His Love

Great question there, Kwik.  Me?  I believe that Salvation can only be found in the Trinity—God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. There are many scriptures where we can see the beautiful Trinity clear as day.  Here are but a mere few:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.

- 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

- Colossians 2:8-9 

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

- Isaiah 9:6 

"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. "I and My Father are One."

- John 10:29-30

And here:

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

- John 14:16-17 

The three Persons which are mentioned in the verse above are all working toward our Salvation. The Son promises to pray.  I will send, the Father assures, and the Holy Ghost promises to comfort.

Selah

Edited by Selah7
added scripture

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Your Sis,In His Love

Some good answers here already.

The bible supports the idea of the trinity even though the word itself is never mentioned in the bible. Far more scriptures support it than the texts sometimes used to attempt to discount it. 

Several things about the trinity can be confusing on the surface. For instance Jesus defers to the Father, yet if we read further we see He says," I and my Father are one". This discounts the idea that Christians aren't worshipping the one true God because God is made up of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost is probably the least understood, yet He, yes HE is referred to as an individual who is part of the Godhead. The Greek translations  use the masculine to describe Him.

Many like to think of Jesus as lesser and many religions teach He was only a prophet.

When every knee bows, who will they bow to and acknowledge as God? Him who comes on the white horse and subdues the evil nations to claim His rightful place as kingdom leader forever. Bowing to the Son is bowing to the Father.

The Holy Spirit takes on a very important role and acts with the other two. Sometimes it may seem that since He is called the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit, he is some sort of an intangible being, yet the Holy Spirit is who hovered over the waters in the early stages of creation and He played a huge part in it.

The bible tells us that everything we see comes from the unseen which is  just as real as the seen. Just because the Holy Ghost doesn't show up wearing a suit does not mean He isn't an equal part of the Godhead.

When many come to Christ, they are still so young in the faith they may not fully understand the concept of the trinity. This does not negate the validity of their conversion since God does not depend on our total understanding to save us. All He wants is a willing heart. He draws people to Himself.

When Jesus was on the earth people only seen that part of the Godhead, however anyone hanging around Him knew He was much more. Both God the Father and the Holy Spirit were at work through Him.

During the times of the Torah all the Jewish people seen most of the time was the ways God projected His presence through the cloud and pillar of fire, yet there is at least one example when He came, stood as a man and had a discussion with Moses.

If He had shown up as a man only at that time, I think he would have been seen as a man. In showing His mighty power there was no doubt who He was. There was a time when He would present Himself later as Jesus of Nazareth and would be rejected by many. Yet He had to eventually show up as a man to give His life for us.

Edited by Starise

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The trinity is crucial not because of the doctrine but because the true God actually is a Trinity.

You must believe in the true God the genuine Jesus. Period.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

I agree.

I can't say that I was confused about who was speaking starting from that day when the Spirit of the Lord called me out of the blue a long time ago. The testimony of the Spirit is the same testimony of the Son, and He speaks for our Father who is greater than all. As the Son of God said when He walked among us: When you see Me, you have seen the Father. 

Our Father speaks to us through His only begotten Son, and Christ sent the Spirit of the Lord into the world to speak to all men and women. The doctrine of the trinity is established by the testimony of scripture; both the Law and the Prophets and the New Testament where this truth is openly revealed. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

And we see the trinity through the Old testament as well as the New.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/12/2022 at 12:05 PM, Starise said:

Does that get me a B+ then? :D 

Who hasn't at one time broken one of the commandments? , yet God must think we can do it. 

" Fear God". I don't think I'm lacking in that area. The little of the little of the little bit I know about Him is enough to scare me to death. Anyone who doesn't respect Him for who He is must not have really thought it through.  We are all less than little pee ants in His sight. Yet He somehow loved us enough to send His Son to die for us.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

When did Christianity first begin?

Where did it come from?

That first question is a good one, but the one that always has been mine is  the day the Lord rose to return to the Father. He instructed the disciples to remain in Jerusalem for the Holy Ghost to come. On the day of Pentecost there were 120 waiting and praying when the Holy Ghost came as Flames of fire and rested on their heads. and they were all filled  with the Holy Ghost. The church was Established on the day of Pentecost.

Read Ats 2: 1-4   

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Where did it come from?

Where did it come from?

The church began on the Day Of Pentecost when the promise of the Holy Ghost came and filled  the 12o who were waiting for Him as Jesus promised them. 

Acts 2:1-5

Are there other scripture references you might have used to get to this conclusion?