IGNORED

The Unofficial Official Pizza of Worthy - Poll to determine! - DON'T SKIP THE POLL and READ the TEXT FIRST!

Omegaman 3.0

Choose the ingredients you DO NOT want on Pizza  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following items do you NOT want on pizza - multiple choice

• Pepperoni
    • Mushrooms
    • Onions
    • Sausage
    • Bacon
    • Black Olives
    • Green Peppers
    • Pineapple
    • Spinach
    • Ham

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2022 at 06:59 AM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1989

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You know, I have to confess, that there is a term that I am ignorant of it's meaning, I have never looked into it, because it just sounds disgusting:

Anchovy paste!

Yes, what is with people, who thinks of these things?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

alright, someone is hacking the poll, lol. There is no way that green peppers are as popular as pepperoni! The software has to be broken or something, perhaps the polling is done by Dominion Voting Systems!

Speaking of pepperoni pizza, I think I'll go make some now!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

I'm a little confused but I think we have to guess what the 3 most popular toppings will be

Pepperoni,sausage,onions( though personally I don't like onions on pizza)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

28 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I'm a little confused but I think we have to guess what the 3 most popular toppings will be

Pepperoni,sausage,onions( though personally I don't like onions on pizza)

OK, it is probably way too early to make a guess about the final pizza, but it might be possible that the pizza will be a 1 topping or 2 topping pizza, 3 is the max. It is okay to make a guess this early, but the final is about a month away, and a lot can happen in a month. Of course, if you want to make your "claim" on a pepperoni, sausage and onion pizza as what the polling will eventually narrow it down to, that is fine, and you can always change your mind later.

If we have a weird situation for example, that pepperoni will be the least rejected topping, and all the other toppings are tied for most disliked, I don't know if that means that I do some coin tossing to break ties with less popular toppings, and make a three topping winner, or just use the most popular topping. Honestly, I have done quite a bit of thinking about various scenarios, but not enough to where I have it all figured out.

I am willing to entertain suggestions, but I think for now, I will play it loose and see if how the voting goes and see if it does not sort of evolve the outcome organically, whatever that means, lol. I am assuming that you voted. Please make sure you do, if you have not, before the deadline date/time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

13 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Speaking of pepperoni pizza, I think I'll go make some now!

That sounds serious, that is, making your own pizza. Do you make your own? If so, I think we should start a thread on making pizza.

And if we do start a thread, let's begin the discussion with making pizza dough. Double zero (00) flour can be a little pricy and maybe sometimes hard to obtain.

What would you use as a substitute?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

i like all those ingredients !! 0ink 0ink!!!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

19 hours ago, Sower said:

nbgchtht.jpg.bd2f198115e8f29a08a69c451cb82ac5.jpg

Sometimes an hour to get a seat. Big Lou's San Antone..Texas (restaurant photos)

o.jpg.2150f68cab6a2d236a4bde165768ff69.jpg

With eight adults and a dozen kids, this is the one.

wdfewe.jpg.6277b88b501c0bc3d86fef5ab5d11cf9.jpg

To get a perspective, this is the pizza pan. About $60.00, base, plus toppings will top a hundred. Not so much, (For twenty people = 5 bucks ea) It is kinda big...
Restaurant photos...Great place for a family gathering, and they will adjust toppings on each quarter. So every body doesn't have to eat my double order of anchovies...
I really like salt and fish smell to enhance the flavor!!...default_cool2.gif.29a50c84ca667895866ca7550af8ab56.gif

ofdcew.jpg.eea39cb9d3bf42190b127a78fd88845e.jpg

Awesome, brother. That can feed a family reunion! What you don't eat, you divide among the family, load into the bed of the pickup truck, and take your slice of the haul home. :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of anchovies myself. My ideal pizza: 

Anchovies
Roasted green and red chiles
Tomato

Ah, it seems that I missed out going to Big Lou's when I lived in Austin. I didn't know about the place back then. San Antonio wasn't that far from where I lived. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

16 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

OK, it is probably way too early to make a guess about the final pizza, but it might be possible that the pizza will be a 1 topping or 2 topping pizza, 3 is the max. It is okay to make a guess this early, but the final is about a month away, and a lot can happen in a month. Of course, if you want to make your "claim" on a pepperoni, sausage and onion pizza as what the polling will eventually narrow it down to, that is fine, and you can always change your mind later.

If we have a weird situation for example, that pepperoni will be the least rejected topping, and all the other toppings are tied for most disliked, I don't know if that means that I do some coin tossing to break ties with less popular toppings, and make a three topping winner, or just use the most popular topping. Honestly, I have done quite a bit of thinking about various scenarios, but not enough to where I have it all figured out.

I am willing to entertain suggestions, but I think for now, I will play it loose and see if how the voting goes and see if it does not sort of evolve the outcome organically, whatever that means, lol. I am assuming that you voted. Please make sure you do, if you have not, before the deadline date/time.

I would guess pepperoni would be the most popular-

Me,I don't much care for pizza( that is American pizza) I grew up with homemade Sicilian pie which is 2 to 3 inches deep,white pizza my favorite with a little sauce on the side . For American pie I personally enjoy BBQ pizza with stuffed crust .... My Dad used to say" what kind of Italian eats BBQ pizza?lol

I'm gonna guess early - pepperoni pizza

And yes, I did take the poll

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I would guess pepperoni would be the most popular-

Me,I don't much care for pizza( that is American pizza) I grew up with homemade Sicilian pie which is 2 to 3 inches deep,white pizza my favorite with a little sauce on the side . For American pie I personally enjoy BBQ pizza with stuffed crust .... My Dad used to say" what kind of Italian eats BBQ pizza?lol

I'm gonna guess early - pepperoni pizza

And yes, I did take the poll

Many years ago I guided some Italian exchange students backpacking in the white mountains. Afterwards they insisted on making a meal for. They were two brothers and a sister. Pasta and sauce. Way different than our typical american. Just sauteed vegetables, seasoning and olive oil. It was delicious.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

I've had Italian fare in Europe, so what we know as pizza here in the US is our own embellishment. 

That's okay. I'll take that American pizza off your hands, no problem! :laugh:

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1