Dirt Eaters

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever noticed how Christians or maybe certain denominations of Christians pick and choose what they really want to believe. I'm a member of the Assembly of God and yet I've been a Christian for 5 months. And in reading the scriptures I keep finding things that puzzle me. Puzzle me in the sense that, why is it, when I ask questions on certain subjects that the first thing that comes out of someone's mouth is so you're a Catholic now.

It's like they have a defensive mechanism where they cannot answer the question. 

I mean if I look at the other subject that I have which is a predestination then everybody and their brother will quote scripture that has that phrase predestination in it to convince me of it.

So if we're using specific wordage that's used in the scripture why aren't we doing a few other things like calling Mary blessed. 

I mean if we believe that the scripture is Jesus's Word. Then isn't it Christ himself who is telling us through Mary from this day forward all nations will call me blessed?

There are a few other things too when you think about it. For instance one of the pastors heard me say out loud "I hope you're having a wonderful day blessed Mary."

Any rebuked me on a couple different things one was talking to the dead and the other one was calling Mary blessed.

I found his whole rebuke thing kind of odd. Because if we believe that people who die in the Lord are with the Lord, then they're not dead after all, are they?

And if you don't think Mary is in heaven then you're probably more messed up than I am. Because the whole idea of a woman who receives a message from an angel that becomes pregnant not having any time with a man. And gives birth and has all the crazy things that took place to Jesus at the birth and so on happened to you if you if you stand after all that and deny that all that experience was for real then there's something seriously wrong with that person. 

And you that cannot believe that Mary is in heaven you have a problem really. I don't need the scripture to sit there and tell me that Mary's in heaven to know that she is.

Or maybe about this do you guys believe that the apostles were baptized before they received the baptism of the spirit. I certainly do especially those that came from John the Baptist. I don't need to have the scripture sit there and tell me that they were to believe that they were. I know that they were baptized with water by John the Baptist before receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. And the baptism of the Holy Spirit was not the thing that made the apostles actually believe that Jesus was the Lord either. We can see that Peter spoke and said that he was the Messiah. 

So what I'm talking about in selective Christianity is how we you and I come to some conclusions or are taught certain conclusions that are misleading at best. And I think that pastors need to really knuckle down on some of the stuff. Come to a serious conclusion and not just complain and say well if you think that way you're a Catholic or if you think that way you're not Christian or this or that because it's in the scripture plain and simple

We say that we are Christians maybe we should start actually believing in what we say we are.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Dirt Eaters said:

Have you ever noticed how Christians or maybe certain denominations of Christians pick and choose what they really want to believe. I'm a member of the Assembly of God and yet I've been a Christian for 5 months. And in reading the scriptures I keep finding things that puzzle me. Puzzle me in the sense that, why is it, when I ask questions on certain subjects that the first thing that comes out of someone's mouth is so you're a Catholic now.

It's like they have a defensive mechanism where they cannot answer the question. 

I mean if I look at the other subject that I have which is a predestination then everybody and their brother will quote scripture that has that phrase predestination in it to convince me of it.

So if we're using specific wordage that's used in the scripture why aren't we doing a few other things like calling Mary blessed. 

I mean if we believe that the scripture is Jesus's Word. Then isn't it Christ himself who is telling us through Mary from this day forward all nations will call me blessed?

There are a few other things too when you think about it. For instance one of the pastors heard me say out loud "I hope you're having a wonderful day blessed Mary."

Any rebuked me on a couple different things one was talking to the dead and the other one was calling Mary blessed.

I found his whole rebuke thing kind of odd. Because if we believe that people who die in the Lord are with the Lord, then they're not dead after all, are they?

And if you don't think Mary is in heaven then you're probably more messed up than I am. Because the whole idea of a woman who receives a message from an angel that becomes pregnant not having any time with a man. And gives birth and has all the crazy things that took place to Jesus at the birth and so on happened to you if you if you stand after all that and deny that all that experience was for real then there's something seriously wrong with that person. 

And you that cannot believe that Mary is in heaven you have a problem really. I don't need the scripture to sit there and tell me that Mary's in heaven to know that she is.

Or maybe about this do you guys believe that the apostles were baptized before they received the baptism of the spirit. I certainly do especially those that came from John the Baptist. I don't need to have the scripture sit there and tell me that they were to believe that they were. I know that they were baptized with water by John the Baptist before receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. And the baptism of the Holy Spirit was not the thing that made the apostles actually believe that Jesus was the Lord either. We can see that Peter spoke and said that he was the Messiah. 

So what I'm talking about in selective Christianity is how we you and I come to some conclusions or are taught certain conclusions that are misleading at best. And I think that pastors need to really knuckle down on some of the stuff. Come to a serious conclusion and not just complain and say well if you think that way you're a Catholic or if you think that way you're not Christian or this or that because it's in the scripture plain and simple

We say that we are Christians maybe we should start actually believing in what we say we are.

That is the problem with "demoninations" they have their own little beliefs. Even if they are not biblical. There is a lot of false teaching in Churches today and we see that on Worthy. Where are these people on Worthy getting all this false teaching? From their Church or reading the Word of God and giving the Words their own meaning?

People need to search their heart. Am I truly with Jesus Christ? 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DE

I'm not sure I know what your talking about regarding Christians not believing what they say they are because I suppose that really depends on who you are getting that kind of response from .In other words just because someone claims to be Christian doesn't necessarily mean that's Who they are,right?

Assembly of God?I know of a couple of Pentecostal churches here in Florida that are named Assembly of God so I'm not familiar with other denominations that uus the name other than Pentecostal Denomination,is that where you attend service? So did anyonr  ever answer your qquestions? What were they if I may ask?

Yes,the Scripture says that nations will say Mary was blessed & she certainly was- a lowly maidservant have birth to our Lord & Savior by an immaculate conception- I'd say she was indeed Blessed- the Word of God Says she was favored by God

Is Mary in Heaven- Im not so sure anyone who was alive is because the dead are dead & " know not" until they are raised with Christ - maybe I'm wrong but right wrong or indifferent mary was a human being just they same as any other human being and whether she's dead in the ground or alive in Heaven she is still not God the Father ,God the Son or God the Holy Spirit so she is still " the dead" and cannot hear our prayers,she is not Divine,not an Angel----- she was a person..... You can call her blessed if you like and I think it safe to say we will see her in Eternity with our Lord when we get there

Yes,there is a water baptism & there is a Spirit Baptism- the Apostles did not Receive Holy Spirit until the Day of Pentecost....Scripture Says they had not yet fully committed- after Jesus death the Apostles hid,they were confused,probably had struggled with doubt, fear and a host of other issues until they witnessed the Resurrected Jesus by His Appearances and began to understand what had happened as the remembered everything He Said.... When Jesus Appeared before Thomas he was still doubting - this is when Jesus Said " Blessed are those who Believe without seeing"( that's is  us btw!HALLELUYAH!)

Sis,just read God's Word for yourself and do ask questions-we are here to help and you're 5 months in- that's something to celebrate,isn't it?I'm thrilled you are here & read the unadulterated Word of God- either a KJV or NNKJ, NIV,NLV ,ASB or whatever but not a denominational Bible( catholic,Jehovah witness, LDS) where much is added, changed &/ or omitted)

Read our Statement of Faith here at Worthy- that is what we Believe,I like to say it's WHO we Believe ❤️ Iron sharpens iron,getting input from others should edify,encourage & help you to get a good foundation on the important Salvational issues,what truly matters

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,061
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

2 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

When  man or woman becomes a Christian you are born again. "Born" implies a baby. WE all start with baby ideas, and the smart teacher in a Church takes this into account. That is, each Christian is on a journey of knowledge and experience. Best is for each of us to appreciate that none of us has complete knowledge nor mastery of our flesh. I know that your going to get some rebukes (and even mockings). Here's your chance to get some training in meekness. Jesus was Master of Knowledge and Discipline. He commanded the legions of angels. He can start a sun with His mouth and walk in a volcano with harm. But let some little insignificant men beat Him nearly to death - without a word. A servant is not greater than his Master.

If you can't get answers at your Assembly, bring them here. You get both good and bad answers here, and so you will be forced to consider and analyze. Let's start with Mary. Just about all you said about Mary is true. She is blessed among women. She carried that "most holy thing" in her womb. It was a Virgin birth and she was chosen from among all women who ever lived. But, even with this knowledge, what was her attitude? In Luke 1:46-47 Mary says:

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden:

She "MAGNIFIED". That s, she knew that she was lower than Jesus
She calls Him "the Lord". There is only one Lord so Mary admitted her mere humanity
She calls Him "MY God" and so lays aside any thought of deity
She calls Him "MY Savior" admitting that she was the same as the rest of mankind - a sinner in need
She says "the low estate". She admits that she in unimportant among the rest of women though she was elevated by God
At the cross, Jesus committed her to John's care. She would be like any other widow - in need

So why have we elevated her to "Queen of Heaven" and Mother of GOD? It is because for a thousand years the Roman catholic Church locked the Bible away, forbade the laity to study it and named their pagan things with biblical names. They too have a Trinity. (i) The good god, (ii) the bad god, and (iii) the female goddess. Their symbolism is all over. But basically the bad god kills the good god, but not before the good god inseminates the female god. Thus, in their buildings, which all face west-east, you have graven images of a goddess holding a baby god. Thus, she becomes mother of god for Rome. But Mary is there to give Jesus His HUMANITY. The promise of God in Genesis 3:15 is that the Savior would be "SEED OF THE WO-MAN". And Luke's genealogy traces Mary back to Adam to show the HUMANITY of Jesus.

Mary is a great character in the Bible - but because she needed a "Savior", she was just one of us sinners.

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

Mary was blessed.  She was granted to believe in the Lord and what he said; of course, the same can be said of every believer.

Mary was blessed by God; but, it's not a title!

Talking to the dead is an occult practice called "necromancy".  This is forbidden, in strong terms, in the Bible.

We don't talk to people who are no longer alive physically.  If you try, then you open yourself up to demonic deception.

Mary is with the Lord, as is every other believer who has died physically.

If you check the Bible, you will see that there is no mention of the apostles being baptised by John the Baptist.

When you are a relatively new Christian, a bit of humility is in order, recognising that there are large gaps in your knowledge and understanding; and that the pastor probably knows a great deal more than you.  You should still check what he says against the Bible, but with the understanding that you might need to ask him to explain what he means first. 

Since you are a new Christian, the pastor should also make allowances for you (I remember that I said some daft things, when I was a new Christian) and be patient, willing to correct and instruct gently.

Edited by David1701
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hmm I think the  learning thing never goes away. Blessed Mary.. yeah not something I would ever say. She most of all would never want to be seen. Its all Jesus never ever us. We just keep our eyes on JESUS and never look away. 

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

This is a complicated matter. Some denomination-specific beliefs can be rather out there and clearly aren't supported by scripture. In other cases a decent argument for a given position can be made.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

When  man or woman becomes a Christian you are born again. "Born" implies a baby. WE all start with baby ideas, and the smart teacher in a Church takes this into account. That is, each Christian is on a journey of knowledge and experience. Best is for each of us to appreciate that none of us has complete knowledge nor mastery of our flesh. I know that your going to get some rebukes (and even mockings). Here's your chance to get some training in meekness. Jesus was Master of Knowledge and Discipline. He commanded the legions of angels. He can start a sun with His mouth and walk in a volcano with harm. But let some little insignificant men beat Him nearly to death - without a word. A servant is not greater than his Master.

If you can't get answers at your Assembly, bring them here. You get both good and bad answers here, and so you will be forced to consider and analyze. Let's start with Mary. Just about all you said about Mary is true. She is blessed among women. She carried that "most holy thing" in her womb. It was a Virgin birth and she was chosen from among all women who ever lived. But, even with this knowledge, what was her attitude? In Luke 1:46-47 Mary says:

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden:

She "MAGNIFIED". That s, she knew that she was lower than Jesus
She calls Him "the Lord". There is only one Lord so Mary admitted her mere humanity
She calls Him "MY God" and so lays aside any thought of deity
She calls Him "MY Savior" admitting that she was the same as the rest of mankind - a sinner in need
She says "the low estate". She admits that she in unimportant among the rest of women though she was elevated by God
At the cross, Jesus committed her to John's care. She would be like any other widow - in need

So why have we elevated her to "Queen of Heaven" and Mother of GOD? It is because for a thousand years the Roman catholic Church locked the Bible away, forbade the laity to study it and named their pagan things with biblical names. They too have a Trinity. (i) The good god, (ii) the bad god, and (iii) the female goddess. Their symbolism is all over. But basically the bad god kills the good god, but not before the good god inseminates the female god. Thus, in their buildings, which all face west-east, you have graven images of a goddess holding a baby god. Thus, she becomes mother of god for Rome. But Mary is there to give Jesus His HUMANITY. The promise of God in Genesis 3:15 is that the Savior would be "SEED OF THE WO-MAN". And Luke's genealogy traces Mary back to Adam to show the HUMANITY of Jesus.

Mary is a great character in the Bible - but because she needed a "Savior", she was just one of us sinners.

Why do you put words into my mouth? Did I call Mary Queen of Heaven? What I said was I referred to Mary as being blessed blessed Mary that's what the scripture tells us. From this day forward all nations will call me blessed. Is not the word of God the word of jesus? I mean if you're going to say that the word of God the Bible is the word of Jesus then stick to it and quit switching it around just for one thing. 

And if I want to get really picky about something that you just said, when you refer to Jesus in Mary's womb instead of giving him the respect that is due you . the fetus a thing. Is this the respect that's due to Jesus even in the womb?

I understand that I'm a new Christian but on the other hand you need to understand your answers are not working. They come across more like excuses.

On 10/9/2022 at 1:57 PM, David1701 said:

Mary was blessed.  She was granted to believe in the Lord and what he said; of course, the same can be said of every believer.

Mary was blessed by God; but, it's not a title!

Talking to the dead is an occult practice called "necromancy".  This is forbidden, in strong terms, in the Bible.

We don't talk to people who are no longer alive physically.  If you try, then you open yourself up to demonic deception.

Mary is with the Lord, as is every other believer who has died physically.

If you check the Bible, you will see that there is no mention of the apostles being baptised by John the Baptist.

When you are a relatively new Christian, a bit of humility is in order, recognising that there are large gaps in your knowledge and understanding; and that the pastor probably knows a great deal more than you.  You should still check what he says against the Bible, but with the understanding that you might need to ask him to explain what he means first. 

Since you are a new Christian, the pastor should also make allowances for you (I remember that I said some daft things, when I was a new Christian) and be patient, willing to correct and instruct gently.

Jesus talked to the Dead they weren't in heaven because they didn't make it that far yet. I'm talking about Moses and Elijah. Or are you going to make an excuse that that was Jesus and not us and yet Jesus tells us to be like him. Or now are you going to tell me that you know better than what Jesus did. 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Dirt Eaters said:

You guys are such hypocrites seriously.

There is absolutely no need to be insulting.  I'll make allowances, because you are a young-in-the-faith Christian, but you will really need to grow out of that.

Jesus talked to the Dead they weren't in heaven because they didn't make it that far yet. I'm talking about Moses and Elijah. Or are you going to make an excuse that that was Jesus and not us and yet Jesus tells us to be like him. Or now are you going to tell me that you know better than what Jesus did.

The next time you are transfigured and talk to Moses and Elijah, let us all know.

Deut. 18:9-12 (WEB)

9 When you have come into the land which Yahweh your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the abominations of those nations.
  10 There shall not be found with you anyone who makes his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who tells fortunes, or an enchanter, or a sorcerer,
  11 or a charmer, or someone who consults with a familiar spirit, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
  12 For whoever does these things is an abomination to Yahweh. Because of these abominations, Yahweh your God drives them out from before you.

Edited by David1701