IGNORED

Does God respect religious tolerance toward other religions ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

I dont mean to become a stumbling stone with this question that can make you fall.

There are hundreds of religions/beliefs in this world.

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ? That He letteth other religions ?

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

3 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

I dont mean to become a stumbling stone with this question that can make you fall.

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ? That He letteth it ?

Hi, Hartono …

He does, indeed. Jesus Christ Himself traveled around and gently and tolerantly taught everything that His Father had asked Him to. …. And He commands Christians to follow that example. —Selah

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

- Matthew 28:19-20 

Edited by Selah7
scripture

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ?

Hartono, are you referring to how Christians should be tolerant of other faiths or should be tolerant to interfaith movements? 

How would you define "tolerance"?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.83

Well, there is TRUTH and there is untruth.  No, I do not believe that God is "tolerant" of false teachings. 

John 14:6

English Standard Version

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  11

I firmly believe that God detests false doctrine —with a burning zeal!  …. But, if Christians—that is, if we—don't share  the true Word of God with unbelievers, how will they ever hear it and learn?  Now we might be told to "go away," but that's still okay since our responsibility only requires us to share the Good News with them.  It’s not our job to save them; only God can do this.  If the seed is meant to grow, God will be the One who causes it to do so.     

For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!" But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

- Romans 10:13-17

Selah

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.83

1 hour ago, Selah7 said:

I firmly believe that God detests false doctrine —with a burning zeal!  …. But, if Christians—that is, if we—don't share  the true Word of God with unbelievers, how will they ever hear it and learn?  Now we might be told to "go away," but that's still okay since our responsibility only requires us to share the Good News with them.  It’s not our job to save them; only God can do this.  If the seed is meant to grow, God will be the One who causes it to do so.     

For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!" But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

- Romans 10:13-17

Selah

Nothing quite resonates like the word of God.  The beauty of its truth and wisdom is evident to those blessed with the vision to see it.  As another once said, the faithful Christian thirsts for the word of God.  

Edited by Not of the World
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,879
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

Nothing quite resonates like the word of God.  The beauty if its truth and wisdom is evident to those blessed with the vision to see it.  As another once said, the faithful Christian thirsts for the word of God.  

Thank you for posting.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ?

Depends what you mean by tolerance?

If you mean does he permit ignorance of the gospel,  then yes God tolerates the ungodly,  he sends rain and sunshine to all people without any qualifications,  are they Christian or not.

That said God's patience and long suffering  of the ungodly  is meant to lead them to repentance.

He will one day judge every person and the key fact will be is Jesus there Lord and Saviour.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ? That He letteth it ?

If the religion includes false teaching no He does not.