• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,334
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

i was reading about how joshua asked God to make the earth stop rotating and its amazing because he earth rotates once every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09053 seconds, called the sidereal period, and its circumference is roughly 40,075 kilometers. Thus, the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour. its a wonder that everything didnt go flying into space

joshua 10:12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
    and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
    and the moon stopped,
    till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The same God who caused the earth to stay still is quite capable of keeping everything 'glued' down.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

"The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day"

Maybe the sun took the day off, with nothing to do.....:)

Up in the mornin'
Out on the job
Work like the devil for my pay
But that lucky old sun got nothin' to do
But roll around heaven all day

Show me that river, take me across
Wash all my troubles away
Like that lucky old sun, give me nothing to do

Right from the dwanin' through till the evening
Nothin' but slavin'
And all the time I pray
Weary, so weary
(Up in the mornin', out on the job)
Work like the devil for my pay
But that lucky old sun got nothin' to do

Fuss with my woman, toil for my kids
Sweat till I'm wrinkled and gray
While that lucky old sun has nothin' to do

Good Lord above, can't You know I'm pining
Tears all in my eyes
Send down that cloud with a silver lining
Lift me to Paradise
Show me that river, take me across
Wash all my troubles away

Like that lucky old sun, give me nothing to do
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Or maybe God literally moved the shadow that's some power.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The same God who caused the earth to stay still is quite capable of keeping everything 'glued' down.

I've been encountering opposition from traditionalists of all walks on being "glued down" as you put it

(i.e. gravity). In the sequel film script I wrote to Interstellar (which has not sold yet, but I'm pitching / pestering

Chris and Jonathan Nolan), I wrote that the solution to harness gravity (to be able to space lift millions of people

from a dying Earth) was breaking the stubbornly held belief that gravity is an attractive force.

Rather, gravity is the ether of the universe (curved space time itself) pushing back against mass and energy that

displaces it.

This is not science fiction but science fact. But you would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes it or would even consider it.

They postulate unseen / undetectable forces like magnetospheres or dark matter rather than face the facts that curved space time 

is much like any other large body (water etc) when displaced by mass or energy, it pushes back. And the solution in Interstellar was

to achieve the gravity equivalent of buoyancy (or, anti-gravity).

In the case of Joshua's long day (as some call it) even if the Earth stood still, the pressure from the cosmos would not have changed a bit.

I personally believe that the Earth did not stand still but was projected outward to a longer eliptical orbit requiring 365.25 days to orbit the sun

rather than the previous 360 days (on which all ancient calendars were based up to that time).

• Interesting! 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, Ghostdog said:

i was reading about how joshua asked God to make the earth stop rotating and its amazing because he earth rotates once every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09053 seconds, called the sidereal period, and its circumference is roughly 40,075 kilometers. Thus, the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour. its a wonder that everything didnt go flying into space

joshua 10:12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

and the moon stopped,

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day

Hey Brother Dawgie Dawg!!!; Great to see ya,as always

GD,one of my favorite stories of the Bible(I've so many but this one is especially fascinating to me)

I'm going to try to be brief but let's see how I can sum up what I'd like to share with you? Lol. Many moons ago and revolutions of our little planet I was studying for my doctorate and was in a dark period of rebellion ,I was on a study & research mission to disprove God's Word - if I could find error then it's all hogwash and I could peacefully live like the hellion I was

Okay,fast forward,I knew without a shadow of doubt that surely I can find evidence that this account of the day that stood still for Hezekiah never happened,how could it?

This became a major thorn in my side because the more research I did I was finding historical accounts of a " missing" day in far east calandars dating back thousands of years - account all over the world,right about the same time this Miraculous event likely occured according to the ancient texts we have available   . Everything I found lined up perfectly with God's Word, different religions had a " missing day" ,historical records of ancient civilizatios recorded such an event---- it was mind boggling!

Anyway,this was one of my "Aha,now I'm going to refute the Word if it's the last thing I do" moments( about 3 yrs I researched) only to Receive Confirmation ,yet again❤️

I might take a peek & see if I can easily find some of my old research- I'm sure it's much easier these days with the internet

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

9 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

God could, as Creator, if he wished, stop the motions of the whole solar system. Or, he could stop the motion of only the earth so that sun and moon appeared to remain in the same position as viewed from the earth. On the other hand, it is possible that the sun, moon and earth all continued on in their regular movements, but that the light from sun and moon ceaselessly shone by some form of refraction that we do not now understand. In any event, this was a truly unique event, for the Bible says that “no day has proved to be like that one, either before it or after it, in that God listened to the voice of a man.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

The sun doesnt actually move. the earth does, so he probably just stopped the earth from spinning. But the the hronicler, ho didnt know better, it seemed like the sun did

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

13 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

and the moon stopped,

there are stories from those who worked at NASA that they had to use that information in order to accurately calculate a problem they had. don't remember what the problem was but it had to do with the moon.

Edited by DPMartin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The late Dr. Chuck Missler has a fascinating theory about that. Unfortunately, I cannot post a link to the YouTube video. But if you are interested, search “Long Day of Joshua, Mars, Calendar changes, Chuck Missler.

Given Biblical history, dates, etc., I believe it is plausible. His presentation and documentation are excellent.

• Thanks 1