Dave-regenerated

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know what to  make of Padre Pio because I am not Catholic.  But he appears to have performed genuine miracles of healing and cast demons out of people, as well as having the Stigmata.  I searched a lot online for any Protestant views of him and I found hardly anything.  Why is that?

Don't forget that Jesus said if satan casts out Satan (in demonic possession) that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  And yet we see Padre Pio doing this, so that cannot be demonic if it's true.

If you believe that Pio was demonically influenced or used, how do you explain his exorcisms?  What do you have against him?  I am not interested in the Skeptics' analysis of him, because I have read all the literature and their explanations are wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

34 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I don't know what to  make of Padre Pio because I am not Catholic.  But he appears to have performed genuine miracles of healing and cast demons out of people, as well as having the Stigmata.  I searched a lot online for any Protestant views of him and I found hardly anything.  Why is that?

Don't forget that Jesus said if satan casts out Satan (in demonic possession) that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  And yet we see Padre Pio doing this, so that cannot be demonic if it's true.

If you believe that Pio was demonically influenced or used, how do you explain his exorcisms?  What do you have against him?  I am not interested in the Skeptics' analysis of him, because I have read all the literature and their explanations are wrong.

That's not what Jesus said...    he said attaching the work of the Holy Spirit to satan was blasphemy.    If satan casts out satan, then satan can't win in the long run.   However, I might just add that I have experienced demons leaving a person by someone who was not spirit filled, just to spoof the person to thinking they had authority they didn't possess.   It ended up badly for both the exorcised and the exorcist.

I won't go into what I think about the Catholic way or exorcising someone, but it's not biblical.   Humans have no authority in the spirit world at all.   When we deal with the spirit world we do so with the authority of the Holy Spirit within us....   or we don't do it with authority at all.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  778
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,958
  • Content Per Day:  3.03
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

The 2nd beast of Revelation Will call fire from heaven in front of people so what can i say ?

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, other one said:

That's not what Jesus said...    he said attaching the work of the Holy Spirit to satan was blasphemy.    If satan casts out satan, then satan can't win in the long run.   However, I might just add that I have experienced demons leaving a person by someone who was not spirit filled, just to spoof the person to thinking they had authority they didn't possess.   It ended up badly for both the exorcised and the exorcist.

I won't go into what I think about the Catholic way or exorcising someone, but it's not biblical.   Humans have no authority in the spirit world at all.   When we deal with the spirit world we do so with the authority of the Holy Spirit within us....   or we don't do it with authority at all.

Jesus said that if you equate a demonic possession with devils casting out devils instead of God doing it, you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit.  I'm really sorry, but when you say, "that's not what Jesus said" either you misunderstood what I already explained or you are attempting to disagree with me for some odd reason.

Some anecdote about a person that is not supposed to be "spirit filled" (Whatever THAT means!) attempting to do an exorcism that failed really isn't evidence at all, it is some eyewitness testimony only that could be mistaken.

It's interesting to me that you talk about the Holy Spirit being within Christians which basically just means you contradicted yourself.

I'll be up front and honest with you - your response addressed nothing in my OP.

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

The 2nd beast of Revelation Will call fire from heaven in front of people so what can i say ?

Your response makes no sense and has nothing to do with what I said and the topic of the conversation here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  481
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know his views on Jesus. Jesus said I never knew you to those who will say we cast out devil's and work miracles in your name. If he worship Mary that would be a red flag.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/23/2022 at 5:02 AM, Wayne222 said:

I don't know his views on Jesus. Jesus said I never knew you to those who will say we cast out devil's and work miracles in your name. If he worship Mary that would be a red flag.

I agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,830
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, Dave-regenerated said:

I do not believe in people exhibiting a "stigmata".  They take Paul's words about "bearing the marks of Christ" and twist them to a lie and claim that they "bleed".

That's not what Paul was talking about at ALL!!

31 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I do not believe in people exhibiting a "stigmata".  They take Paul's words about "bearing the marks of Christ" and twist them to a lie and claim that they "bleed".

That's not what Paul was talking about at ALL!!

I didn't say that, but it doesn't matter much.  Mary worship is always a bad thing to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,830
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I didn't say that, but it doesn't matter much.  Mary worship is always a bad thing to me.

Oh, I didn't mean you were saying it.  I was telling that others say it.