IGNORED

Does anyone belong to another Christian forum ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I tried a few I did not like them like I like worthy I use to belong to jesusloveforum. It was for members of the world wide church of God. Which I use to belong to. It was really good like worthy. It was after the change so doctrine was good. But it's gone now. Worthy is so active. I notice a lot of forums are kind of dead. I use to belong to the Walter Martin message board that was good but now it's not running. And it died down for a long time. 

Hi Wayne,

Yes, I belong to various forums, mainly to get my blogs out there. One forum wouldn`t allow talk of the rapture (?) Perhaps it gets too heated. Another forum was `patrolled` by some people who `hunted` you down if you ever said that women could speak etc.

Then the first forum I was invited to gave me good experience of learning not to take offence. But they had some weird ideas. 

Finally, the Lord led me to Worthy and I have been quite content to PM, and relate in the forums. More peaceful and well moderated, plus some good discussions.

Also, nice to get to know different Christians and how they are `travelling` in their lives.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

19 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Wayne,

Yes, I belong to various forums, mainly to get my blogs out there. One forum wouldn`t allow talk of the rapture (?) Perhaps it gets too heated. Another forum was `patrolled` by some people who `hunted` you down if you ever said that women could speak etc.

Then the first forum I was invited to gave me good experience of learning not to take offence. But they had some weird ideas. 

Finally, the Lord led me to Worthy and I have been quite content to PM, and relate in the forums. More peaceful and well moderated, plus some good discussions.

Also, nice to get to know different Christians and how they are `travelling` in their lives.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn I like your posts so glad you found Worthy and decided to stay. I found the same as you about worthy. I think if we can uplift anyone it's worthwhile. The bad part is when members leave and you had like them through there posts. Especially those that pass away like Fresno Joe and Omega man. Blessings to you and Husband. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

I'm registered on about three other Christian forums. One is virtually trafficless and mainly a home for a few wayward souls from the old, defunct BibleForums that Jayne was referring to. 

1 hour ago, chesed said:

WW Church of God to Walter Martin, wow, he included a chapter on that group in his classic Kingdom of the Cults.

I'm a semi-mod over at Chrisianforumsite. Their emphasis is on 'peace amongst the brethren'.

Hi chested. Yes that's pretty crazy. But then I was a Christian before I was a member of Armstrong group. I just did not know the scripture too well and I was 19. I was there over ten years. A funny thing before I join WWCG. I was getting the plain truth and I use to listen to the bible answer man and actually called up the show and talk to Walter Martin about Armstrong teachings. But I join anyway. That's such a long time ago I was 19 now I am 69. Went to a Calvary chapel church. I don't believe in Calvinism and they learn towards that. So I don't attend now. Thanks for replying.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I'm registered on about three other Christian forums. One is virtually trafficless and mainly a home for a few wayward souls from the old, defunct BibleForums that Jayne was referring to. 

Glad your here. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

9 hours ago, Alive said:

I was blacklisted from Facebook and do not even know why, but wasn't interested anyway.

Me too. I never posted but only used it to see what food trucks were at the roundup each week. No idea why I got banned.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Define belong. Currently? I'm probably members of at least a half dozen others. However this is the only one I'm actually active in. And I'm barely active here lol.

Previous forums I've been members of, was Crosswalk, and I helped ran a forum called Swordwalk way back when which took off, and had it continued probably would have been as big as worthy is had they not shut down, but it slowly died after it was discovered the head guy at it was a child molester. (Only figured out after he got arrested) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi Marilyn I like your posts so glad you found Worthy and decided to stay. I found the same as you about worthy. I think if we can uplift anyone it's worthwhile. The bad part is when members leave and you had like them through there posts. Especially those that pass away like Fresno Joe and Omega man. Blessings to you and Husband. 

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your encouragement and I find you are a gentleman. Also, you attend to your threads and make people feel welcome by replying to them. It gives the people reading the topic a group feel. Well done.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your encouragement and I find you are a gentleman. Also, you attend to your threads and make people feel welcome by replying to them. It gives the people reading the topic a group feel. Well done.

Marilyn.

Thank you Marilyn !

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I was part of a fundamentalist Baptist board but one of the moderators passed away, and the person who owned it went through a divorce. It's still up but no one seems to be posting there these days. 

• Thumbs Up 1