IGNORED

Why does God remain silent and expect me to read his mind?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

So I told an aunt about my situation. Not being treated well at home and my kids father not being the best person to live with and having everything taking from...job ,car,daycare...mental health deteriorating. 

She said she thinks Gid is trying to get my attention...but he isn't saying anything. I can't pray much bc my kids are always on the move and I struggle with depression sui* thoughts and self harm .... 

But God is silent. Why do I have to play a guessing game? I feel God left me for dead. He seems to be just as harsh as my parents. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

56 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

So I told an aunt about my situation. Not being treated well at home and my kids father not being the best person to live with and having everything taking from...job ,car,daycare...mental health deteriorating. 

She said she thinks Gid is trying to get my attention...but he isn't saying anything. I can't pray much bc my kids are always on the move and I struggle with depression sui* thoughts and self harm .... 

But God is silent. Why do I have to play a guessing game? I feel God left me for dead. He seems to be just as harsh as my parents. 

Hi @Figure of eighty I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  I know it's tough living in this life sometimes.  It seems like everyone goes through it at times.  However, be encouraged that you're not truly alone even though it can feel that way sometimes.  Sometimes God, angels, and what some people call guides speak to us all the time.  If you've ever had a strong inclination, idea, thought in a time of need or distress, and even during your daily life, in a lot of these cases, these are these beings attempting to guide you.  Sometimes it's the most simplest things that God uses to speak to us that people so often ignore.  Keep your eyes, ears, and heart open for these little moments that don't seem like much but can be God speaking.  Sometimes God speaks by putting roadblocks in our path to keep us from a certain direction.  For example, one may be about to make a decision that they shouldn't, and they suddenly realize they left their keys at home.  That may not seem like much, but believe that's how God speaks to us.  It's not always some grand display that we may expect.

I don't recommend that you harm yourself as that could set back your spiritual development in terms of your soul and it could have a ripple effect on your children and family.  People are shown these things during their life review which takes place after death on the spiritual plane.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

God can lead you to water. But you have to reach out, decide, to drink.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

What if God gave us what we said and believed? See if I say I never hear from God, God never talks to me so forth so on then that's exactly whats going to happen. He is the perfect gentleman. So I need to start saying God does not just talk but He loves to talk to me all the time. I need to know this. This is faith for we walk by faith not sight. So when I wake up.. Holy Spirit lead me talk to me today ..what ever. Its like working out.. we must work out to get in shape. Well believe it or not this is the same thing as it is with gifts. Learn to listen that peace you get in side. I sat here wondering what to say and the song playing.. not by chance "Hope Returns". Heres part of the song below. But when depression comes speak His word "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." "“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” for you "“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” what are the odds this ends with hope and the song is about  "HOPE" below

"""So this is how it feels when standing strong
Turns into barely even holding on
The plans you had are shattered on the floor
And your fear tells your faith,
There's no use in praying those prayers anymore

When your world is crashing, when your knees hit the ground
When your heart is asking, "What do I do now?"
Just when you think it can't get worse
Hold on, that's when hope returns
Like a new sun breaking through the darkest night
Like a whisper saying, "It'll be alright"
I know you're tired, I know it hurts
But hold on, that's when hope returns
And that's when hope returns

I know it's hard to see the other side
Through all the where are you's and don't know why's
And I know it looks like hope is in the grave
But He's still on the throne, so be still and know
That He's still rolling stones away

When your world is crashing, when your knees hit the ground
When your heart is asking, "What do I do now?"
Just when you think it can't get worse
Hold on, that's when hope returns
Like a new sun breaking through the darkest night
Like a whisper saying, "It'll be alright"
I know you're tired, I know it hurts
But hold on, that's when hope returns (Yeah)"""

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, Amigo42 said:

Hi @Figure of eighty I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  I know it's tough living in this life sometimes.  It seems like everyone goes through it at times.  However, be encouraged that you're not truly alone even though it can feel that way sometimes.  Sometimes God, angels, and what some people call guides speak to us all the time.  If you've ever had a strong inclination, idea, thought in a time of need or distress, and even during your daily life, in a lot of these cases, these are these beings attempting to guide you.  Sometimes it's the most simplest things that God uses to speak to us that people so often ignore.  Keep your eyes, ears, and heart open for these little moments that don't seem like much but can be God speaking.  Sometimes God speaks by putting roadblocks in our path to keep us from a certain direction.  For example, one may be about to make a decision that they shouldn't, and they suddenly realize they left their keys at home.  That may not seem like much, but believe that's how God speaks to us.  It's not always some grand display that we may expect.

I don't recommend that you harm yourself as that could set back your spiritual development in terms of your soul and it could have a ripple effect on your children and family.  People are shown these things during their life review which takes place after death on the spiritual plane.

This is very true. After alot of time thinking and being in this situation I truly feel maybe there is something to be learned in this situation. I just don't know what just praying for spiritual guidance and not to lose it mentally all in the process.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, Jayne said:

Since you have been here for the last four and 1/2 years, you have been very critical of your family and your two baby daddies.  It sounds like with just cause.  I get that.

But you have also constantly been critical of God.  That, I don't get.

You are so consumed with your bad life that you blame God for it all and you have set yourself up as his judge.  Many, many of your threads are blaming God.

No wonder you don't hear from him.  He may be speaking, but your heart and mind are too cluttered with depressive thoughts and condemnation of God that you can't hear him.

Listen, I understand that two toddlers with no help is hectic.  BUT,  BUT, BUT if you have time to get on the computer and complain about God, then you have time to pray TO him and read the Bible, his Word to you.

I still pray for you. 

Romans 12:1-2 speaks of renewing your mind.  Unclutter it.

Yeah your are right. I'm trying to pray more said a prayer today. Gonna look for a prayer line. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

37 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yeah your are right. I'm trying to pray more said a prayer today. Gonna look for a prayer line. 

Also, if we aren`t thankful for what we have, then why should we get more? 

Try to find things you are thankful for and then your attitude will change.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

The Lord was silent toward me for many years, @Figure of eighty. I didn't know nor understand why, and I fell into believing that He despised me. I was wrong. 

It was necessary for me to endure trials and tribulations and while these were going on, it was agonizing to say the least. I lost everything and had no home. I wandered aimlessly. I was cast out over and over again. 

It wasn't until those trials and tribulations reached their conclusion that the Lord spoke to me at last. There came a day when I understood the necessity of what I endured, and that's behind me now. I seek to encourage you, so you'll know that you're not the only one. Many of us have suffered hard things, and some of us still do. 

The Lord has not forgotten you, nor does He despise you. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1