• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Content Per Day:  8.22
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Smoke LITERALLY is the end result of being consumed by the Lake of fire.  Smoke literally goes up and away and that lasts forever and ever.  There is no retreiving it, no taking it back to what it once was.  It is the end of what was and that ending just becomes nothing.  LITERALLY. 

[Again, that is an assumption.  We don't really know what the "LOF" refers to specifically.  What will be consumed is the resurrected body of the unbelievers who will be cast into the LOF.  That's for sure.

And, yes, I am aware of 'figures of speech'. Are you?  Language used to bring more truth to what is being said.  Anyway,

SOMEONE took a word or two, and 'created' a doctrine out of them
when it is literally described over and over as it is written in the words of GOD with words like perish, destroy, destruction, 2nd death, smoke, vanish, LAKE OF FIRE, ect what GODS intended. It's meaning, from beginning to end remains the same.

[All those words refer to physical bodies, since there is ZERO evidence in the Bible about souls perishing, being destroyed, destruction, etc.  And I pointed out that all the OT references to "the soul that shall die" is a reference to capital punishment.  (in which the body is killed)

How many people don't know what FIRE DOES?  GOD is NOT the author of confusion.  He uses THINGS WE KNOW and SEE and UNDERSTAND EVEN if we are just a little kid, to make sure we know what He is saying.  If GOD meant 'eternal torment' HE WOULD NOT HAVE USED FIRE.  Hell may be uncomfortably hot, but it isn't a LAKE OF FIRE.

[Speculation.]  

WHEN one reads the words of God as one who is wise rather than LIKE A CHILD would, that is one of the results.  FROM the very beginning the choice was life or death.  It ends with life or 2nd death.  Truly that simple.  The rest is the wisdom of man making VOID the words of God.

[Yes, the physical body will END.  With smoke.  Can you show any evidence from the Bible of souls smoking, and I don't mean a cigarette.]  

You have given your belief I have given mine.  I am not going to argue this point with you anymore.  I will write my beliefs when I see what I don't agree with but I am not going to engage day after day covering the same thing.

[I have given clear evidence for why I believe what I believe.  You have not.

The day is coming in which we will know Gods truth as all the elements will be burnt up, rendering one of us naked.  ALL I know, is when
ASKED 'why', my answer time and again will be 'it is written' and not 'what I thought you meant by that was...'.  If that will be your answer also, then you should be feeling just like I do. BUT

One of us is believing a lie.
  And not only believing it, but CHOOSING to believe even after having been given Gods Truth. Worse than that, taking it forth and TEACHING it to others.
I take this as a warning and an admonition upon myself and as having been given.  

You haven't shown any verse where "it is written" that souls will cease to exist, which is your main point.  In the OT, it was common to use "soul" to refer to the person.  So when you read "soul will die" it is referring to the death of the person, which obviously means the body.  

We know that because we know that all souls continue to live after physical death.  Jesus made that perfectly clear in Luke 16.  Since the ascension, the souls of believers all go to heaven.  The souls of all unbelievers continue to go to Hades, to torments, awaiting their final judgment.  Rev 20

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Content Per Day:  8.22
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Since what I put forth was all Scripture, the 'I wonder why you aren't' comes across as deceptive.  

No, you never gave any verse that says, shows, or proves that immaterial souls shall cease to exist once cast into the LOF. 

Your view is not biblically based.  Or there would be verses that SAY what you SAY.

I study like the Bereans did, per Acts 17:11.  It's a great way to study.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

10 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I apologize for the last couple posts but tired of replies that make statements knowing they are not what I have either said or believed.  

I agree,I understand-I'm closing thread

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• George locked this topic