kwikphilly

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

It's not that complicated guys,didn't start this topic for Scripture debate - sigh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,472
  • Content Per Day:  8.04
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

It's not that complicated guys,didn't start this topic for Scripture debate - sigh

The title of the thread suggests that salvation can be lost, given up, etc.  Or am I missing something?

And, are you looking for clear Scripture, or just opinions?  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

The title of the thread suggests that salvation can be lost, given up, etc.  Or am I missing something?

And, are you looking for clear Scripture, or just opinions?  Thanks.

It doesn't suggest any such thing- so either stay on Topic or the thread will be closed to further replies,it's quite simple- read the OP,comment if you like but the Topic is NOT about anyone losing or giving up their Salvation because we all know it's not an option- I was overwhelmed by a sentiment of selflessness - was wondering who ,if anyone felt like I did- period

So if these tacky,butting head posts continue the thread will be closed- clear enough now?

39 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

It doesn't suggest any such thing- so either stay on Topic or the thread will be closed to further replies

Just trying to understand the topic.  

42 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Just trying to understand the topic.  

All you have to do is ask......

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Are you aware of "figures of speech"?  If so, it shouldn't be difficult to realize that "smoke rising" is a figure of speech.

Smoke LITERALLY is the end result of being consumed by the Lake of fire.  Smoke literally goes up and away and that lasts forever and ever.  There is no retreiving it, no taking it back to what it once was.  It is the end of what was and that ending just becomes nothing.  LITERALLY.  

And, yes, I am aware of 'figures of speech'. Are you?  Language used to bring more truth to what is being said.  Anyway,

SOMEONE took a word or two, and 'created' a doctrine out of them
when it is literally described over and over as it is written in the words of GOD with words like perish, destroy, destruction, 2nd death, smoke, vanish, LAKE OF FIRE, ect what GODS intended. It's meaning, from beginning to end remains the same. 

How many people don't know what FIRE DOES?  GOD is NOT the author of confusion.  He uses THINGS WE KNOW and SEE and UNDERSTAND EVEN if we are just a little kid, to make sure we know what He is saying.  If GOD meant 'eternal torment' HE WOULD NOT HAVE USED FIRE.  Hell may be uncomfortably hot, but it isn't a LAKE OF FIRE.  

WHEN one reads the words of God as one who is wise rather than LIKE A CHILD would, that is one of the results.  FROM the very beginning the choice was life or death.  It ends with life or 2nd death.  Truly that simple.  The rest is the wisdom of man making VOID the words of God.  

You have given your belief I have given mine.  I am not going to argue this point with you anymore.  I will write my beliefs when I see what I don't agree with but I am not going to engage day after day covering the same thing. 

The day is coming in which we will know Gods truth as all the elements will be burnt up, rendering one of us
 naked.  ALL I know, is when ASKED 'why', my answer time and again will be 'it is written' and not 'what I thought you meant by that was...'.  If that will be your answer also, then you should be feeling just like I do. BUT

One of us is believing a lie.
  And not only believing it, but CHOOSING to believe even after having been given Gods Truth. Worse than that, taking it forth and TEACHING it to others.
I take this as a warning and an admonition upon myself and as having been given.  

3 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

I only insist on what the Bible SAYS.  I wonder why you aren't.

Since what I put forth was all Scripture, the 'I wonder why you aren't' comes across as deceptive.  

I POSTED
"And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom." Luke 16:23 KJV

We see here, The words of GOD have NO PROBLEM speaking in all transparency, about torment taking place in hell.

FREEGRACE RESPONDED

[Right.  There is torment in Hades, which isn't the LOF.  Maybe you are confused about that as well.  Rev 20:10 speaks specifically about the LOF.]

No comprehension? 

Can't keep what I say straight? 

Do I need to make you a list on every single post to get you to QUIT making statements you MUST KNOW TO BE FALSE to falsely accuse me of being confused?  

WHO DOES THAT?

or do you TRULY BELIEVE I don't know the difference between hell and the lake of fire?  

HONESTLY are you saying you DON'T THINK I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HELL AND THE LAKE OF FIRE?  

HONESTLY are you saying you DON'T THINK I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HELL AND THE LAKE OF FIRE?  

WHO DOES THAT?

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

It doesn't suggest any such thing- so either stay on Topic or the thread will be closed to further replies,it's quite simple- read the OP,comment if you like but the Topic is NOT about anyone losing or giving up their Salvation because we all know it's not an option- I was overwhelmed by a sentiment of selflessness - was wondering who ,if anyone felt like I did- period

So if these tacky,butting head posts continue the thread will be closed- clear enough now?

I apologize for the last couple posts but tired of replies that make statements knowing they are not what I have either said or believed.  

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

All you have to do is ask......

Yes, exactly what I did.

• Oy Vey! 1