IGNORED

Why God protected Daniel from lion but let the early church eaten ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Daniel was saved from becoming a meal by lions. Otherwise people would mock God !

Why the early church in Rome was brutally fed to lions and died so horrible ? 

God has killed thousands of all firstborn in Egypt and buried alive thousands of the Egyptian army under the Red Sea. Isnt God supposed to save people like that instead of just watching ? 

How can the truth and the righteous ever be defended if GOD goes on like this attitude forever ? 

Howbeit you will expect men to believe in God if Christians themselves being abused and tortured and killed so horrendously from century to centuries ? Like God is so weak.

Was that fair ? 

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

You need to buy and read a copy of "Foxe's Book of Martyrs" to get an introduction to martyrdom as a significant part of church history and the spread of the gospel.

The Spirit-filled Christians of the first Pentecostal age that were fed to the lions were able to sing songs of faith and their acceptance of their fate inspired many Romans to inquire of this new religion where disciples had little fear of death. Also Nero burned Christians alive as torches for his nighttime festivities - “When daylight failed [they] were burned to serve as lamps by night” (44.1), Tacitus writes.

But as in all places that persecute the gospel of salvation God prevails and conversions abound.

Many people who are converted to Christian discipleship are enthralled at discovering the pearl of great price and understand that one's current life is to be denied in order to secure an eternal life with God in the age to come. Tribulations and persecutions are means by which the gospel has been shown to be of high value - worth dying for.

Mark 8:34  And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 
35  For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it."

Romans 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 
36  As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 
37  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 
38  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 
39  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rev 6:9  When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 
10  They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 
11  Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

8 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Daniel was saved from becoming a meal by lions.

God has killed thousands of all firstborn in Egypt and buried alive thousands of the Egyptian army under the Red Sea. Isnt God supposed to save people like that instead of just watching ? 

How can the truth and the righteous ever be defended if GOD goes on like this attitude forever ? 

Howbeit you will expect men to believe in God if Christians themselves being abused and tortured and killed so horrendously from century to centuries ? Like God is so weak.

Was that fair ? 

Our work is to present the Word,not defend it.

who said God killed them all?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

9 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Daniel was saved from becoming a meal by lions.

Was that fair ? 

Hey Hartono. Lets look at Egypt my thinking is what would have happened if Pharaoh would have listened and "let my people go"? No thousands of firstborn nor army. 

This is a fallen world any person can  do wonderful or evil. Satan is the god of this world. There is a reason we pray. Why is a 16y I believe in Iran going to be killed because of his faith in Christ? I will get the name but there are many more going to be killed in Iran that follow Christ. Praise GOD there are some in the this world here and abroad fighting for them and praying. Ya tend to pray more when its your family. 

Satan comes to kill steal and destroy. Really? At the start Adam&Eve then Cain kills Able God asking where is your brother, what have you done the voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.

God's not up there just making all the choices for us. There is a battle still going on. Why not ask why does God not just stop that battle? Why do angels have to fight "if" God is in control here? :) Hes not in control.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Like God is so weak.

Was that fair ? 

God?  Weak?

Where do you get this from?  Are you REALLY doubting God or are you just trying to make conversation?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

God?  Weak?

Where do you get this from?  Are you REALLY doubting God or are you just trying to make conversation?

If you could save someone's life but you didnt do that ?? What is the reason ? The saints are only weak human, where is mercy.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

16 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

If you could save someone's life but you didnt do that ?? What is the reason ? The saints are only weak human, where is mercy.

It would be good if you addressed the question @Jayne asked of you, my friend. Many of us are wondering what these series of topics are all about. In each one, you express your displeasure with the Lord and in this one, you characterize the Almighty as "weak."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

God is not required to save anyone's physical life to prove he is God.

God is not required to act in accordance to our will or idea of him to prove he is God.

Can you explain how he makes the sun come up every day?  Why he made trees green and clouds grey/white?  Do you understand why he chose lowly Mt. Sinai and not the majestic Mt. Everest?

I can't answer those questions.  Yet I trust God and accept every decision he makes.

I wish you did, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Life on this earth is insignificant to being forgiven and being with the Lord. 

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

His mercy is that He has chosen to save those of us who believe in Jesus. 

We are not promised an easy life, or a life without suffering. We are promised eternal life with Him. So you see, the Lord is saving lives, through redemption in Christ.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

It would be good if you addressed the question @Jayne asked of you, my friend. Many of us are wondering what these series of topics are all about. In each one, you express your displeasure with the Lord and in this one, you characterize the Almighty as "weak."

What would happen if God did not save Daniel from the lions ? People would mock God as weak.