IGNORED

Addictions, bad and good........tattoos of Bible verses; thoughts?

farouk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  12.10
  • Days Won:  31

@other one

People with tattoos don't really bother me and I have friends who have them and one of the most dedicated Christians I know has them ...

Well, yes, whether to use a tattoo parlor (for a faith-based design, etc.) is something about which Christian men and women are likely to have significantly varying personal preferences.

@Vine Abider FYI......So you're in Arizona, right? I guess that in the sunny South West you would see quite a lot of arms in short sleeves that have lots of ink, Christian in design or otherwise....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, farouk said:

@other one

Well, yes, whether to use a tattoo parlor (for a faith-based design, etc.) is something about which Christian men and women are likely to have significantly varying personal preferences.

Just don't judge books or people by their covers.  Be they black, white, red, yellow, or multicolored and texted.  It's still the heart that matters

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,306
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

18 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I just had some ramen noodles! I'd rather read about ramen noodles after 20 pages of  ....you know what!:28:

It's all good. I'm not going to knock ramen noodles, dear sister. They're excellent doused with ghost pepper sauce! :emot-headphones:

I'm thinking you get the point I made in this topic. I know the point you made in this topic, too. And the point many others have made. We all do. 

If you wish to lock this topic, @farouk, the easiest way to get the attention of our brother George is to report your OP (though I'm sure that our sister kwik has probably passed your request onward). In your report, write your request. You're the originator, so it will be locked by your request. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,145
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

It's all good. I'm not going to knock ramen noodles, dear sister. They're excellent doused with ghost pepper sauce! :emot-headphones:

I'm thinking you get the point I made in this topic. I know the point you made in this topic, too. And the point many others have made. We all do. 

If you wish to lock this topic, @farouk, the easiest way to get the attention of our brother George is to report your OP (though I'm sure that our sister kwik has probably passed your request onward). In your report, write your request. You're the originator, so it will be locked by your request. :) 

I have not passed that on Brother .. don't believe it's my call,as long as folks are still entertaining the Topic that's on them- I do stop by to see everyone is playing nicely but that about it for this one

And of course I got your point and appreciated it too! ❤️

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 2/25/2023 at 8:30 AM, Selah7 said:

Instead of using a tattoo to spread the gospel, I’d rather use my mouth.  That’s just me.  Tattoos get yucky looking after a while and I wouldn’t want John 3:16, for example, to be viewed with any sort of wrinkle in it.  A1B0652C-9B4D-447E-9DC8-26EF974FE636.gif.509c694dcd8e6725d334793ccd048a99.gif

@Selah7 Well, in any case, the young lady with the modest John 3.16 tattoo on her wrist area seemed as if she would have a number of decades to go before she even would start to think about wrinkles....

At around 18, now, it seems to have become a sort of rite of passage to adulthood. (Seems as if a lot of Christian young ppl regard 'nailing their colors to the mast' - so to speak - with a faith based tattoo is a way of starting adulthood with a quiet boldness for their convictions, anyhow...)

On 2/19/2023 at 4:32 AM, DeighAnn said:

I don't think these younger people ever really checked out how tattoos age...because I can't say as I have ever seen any that aged well.  I know I am super glad mine is not only tiny but hidden because it doesn't look at all like it did back in the day.  

@DeighAnn I guess it's common thinking among young ppl at around 18 onwards - perhaps especially among young women - as new adults to try to make sure they indeed receive at least one tattooing experience, but also to make sure that the inked area is small (whether faith based or not).

Possibly was your thinking as well, way back.

@Marilyn C "yes, farouk."

After your brief comment, this thread has been going for a while. I guess this is still your only comment, for now?

Hi @HopeInHim FYI............any wisdom for this thread? (it's had quite a few contrib.s lately...)

( cc @JLG )

Edited by farouk

@Diaste FYI..........any wisdom for this topic?