• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, Slibhin said:

I accept him for exactly who I think he is. We just disagree on what that is to an extraordinary degree.

Trust me, he'll touch you some day in some way and you will be so shocked you will think "Oh My God" and you  will sense him saying, "Yes?"

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

You definitely have no shortage of optimism.

I invited anyone here more than once to make their case, hardly anyone tried. I'm not holding my breath for divine intervention.

If you can hold your breath long enough you will meet him...:unsure:

I don't se you as a quitter...

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

You definitely have no shortage of optimism.

I invited anyone here more than once to make their case, hardly anyone tried. I'm not holding my breath for divine intervention.

If there was a case that one can make, the whole world would be born again Christians.   It isn't something I or anyone else can do...  When the Lord knows you are ready he'll reach out.    It would be awesome to be around to witness though. 

I do have a lot of optimism for he (Jesus) snatched me out of the grasp of that other entity you are not familiar with late one night during the time when I was researching the dark one and his troups ....    

Anyway, I do enjoy your posts.

1 hour ago, Sower said:

If you can hold your breath long enough you will meet him...:unsure:

I don't se you as a quitter...

12 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Just so I'm clear, are you encouraging me to kill myself?

LoL,  I really got a chuckle out of that.    The English language is so flexible...     I am assuming he is not suggesting suicide...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Slibhin said:

My "case" is very simple yet very lengthy a testimony, no matter how I try to shorten it. I was turned about from rejection of the existence of God to not only knowing God, but of His Son Yeshua, all through the reveal brought about by the Holy Spirit. All that  in answer to the prayers from my grandmother about me from many decades earlier.

I would not wish my life's experience that led up to  my being turned about upon anyone as it was not pleasant. It was more kin to the account of Job than any  nifty Christmas tale. I would rather have heard a nice little sermon, heard a call of some sort, and answered; but that was not the way it was,  nor still is, for me.

You cannot be forced to see that there is God, nor that Jesus is God. For it is all foolishness to those not yet called by the Holy Spirit to  turn about and receive the Holy Spirit, then have the Holy Spirit reveal Jesus.

None the less, I suspect you likely will not  resist that reveal and call from the Holy Spirit  when it comes to you personally rather than as a general call.

What you can do is to ask of God, show me you are there. Show me Yeshua, may the Holy Spirit indwell within me that I may come to see  your Glory revealed  in Jesus. 

God answers prayer rightly asked. Rightly is not a pattern nor a specific speech,  it is an attitude, one of sincerity about seeking God, rather than things for personal gain. 

Zola Levitt an intelligent well educated man simply asked; "show me you are there". I simply reacted; saying, "if that is true I want it."  What might you pray and ask? I do not really know. Use your own manner of speaking. I do know God answers. And when He does hold onto your seat it is going to be quite the adventure.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

face.jpg.a4d4d4e0983c31580a33df3aa3a50e43.jpg

Lighten up!

I said, I don't see you as a quitter...and hope/pray you have your eyes opened..:)

I said many threads back, God has drawn you here for a reason.

We all love you Slibhin.  Really..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

7 hours ago, Slibhin said:

If it were possible for one to hold their breath long enough, they would pass out and start breathing involuntarily. A massive headache would greet one when consciousness is restored, so it wouldn't be a pleasant experience to say the least. 

I believe that my brother was speaking in figurative terms. I'm in full agreement with @other one in this matter. When I was a young man, I didn't know the Almighty at all. I didn't believe Christians either so in my experience, the Lord does whatever He pleases in His own time. No one needs to take my word for that. 

In the meantime, I'm glad that you're still here on the forum. :) 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

6 hours ago, Marathoner said:

If it were possible for one to hold their breath long enough,

I held my breath when I was eight years old standing at the top of the stairs so I could see what happened in the mirror. I indeed did pass out and fell onto a glass topped table and received nine stitches in my big dumb head.😂😂😂

• Haha 1

What differences  is there in the understanding of Tenakh as compared to understanding of the Old testament?

Is there significant difference that makes noting use of the word Tenach instead of old Testament when  anyone says " I read/follow/use  the Tenach? And;  by assumption/presumption  do not accept the Old Testament, nor the New Testament, as being inspired of God using human authors.

Does one that accepts or uses the Tenach accept it as being now written and shared under the inspiration from God and to be the word of God, or not the God of God  but simply an effort of man?

Where are we all coming from, what is our own perspective, and the perspective of those we communicate with?

How do we receive what another may share with us? Do  we get it?

Do we crosstalk not realizing we miss the point one with another as we communicate?

There is a one page piece put out by Alabaster that attempts to introduce differences  in writings and in interpretation of the writings. Shared by Alabaster for the purpose of becoming (more) aware. https://alabasterco.ca/blogs/education/tanakh-vs-old-testament-how-do-they-differ

For me it further illustrates  the need to  pay careful attention to words used and then alsoto ask  for the users understanding of their meaning.