IGNORED

Don't ever wish the unGodly to be punished but expect repentance.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

It happened that Jonah was disappointed that God finally cancelled the destruction of Nineveh. 

Thank God Jonah has been taught and repented, otherwise it could be himself that will be desolated. 

I'm sure some of Christians might happen to wish destruction upon unGodly people, such as "They will burn in hellfire, God will punish them eventually", etc. 

But hoping for the destruction of the unGodly is the same as sowing the seed of loathe, destruction, rage, vengeance, and hostility. Whoever touch fire will get burned. Whoever build the house will live in it forever ! 

We ourselves don't own heaven, we don't know what will be found from ourselves at the other end of the rainbow, at the end of our journey. God told us to forgive as He still give the chance to every body. Why expect judgment ? 

I used to be deceived by this arrogant attitude. Its very subtle, invisible and undetected like earthquake when it comes but it will really destroy peace. Really.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/11/1957

We have the word & read that the wicked & the unrighteous have a just punishment coming @ the hand of God. Should we rejoice? What should our attitude be...is the question.

Eventhough it is not his WILL that any should perish w/o knowing him, this DOES NOT stop his judgment coming.

I think we have been so over smothered with the "God is love" crowd that we fail to see him as a consuming fire, a  "vengeance is mine" kind of God and yet he is both.

IMO, this is why folk can't see LOF conscious punishment as being eternal or even the truth, ALL DON'T GO TO HEAVEN, as some like to wish ! It flys in the face of their attitude of love. 

Punishment, chastisement, correction, discipline, rebuke.....these can also be expressions of love.....think about it !

I believe prison should be both rehabilitative and punishment, even to execution. Does this make me uncaring? A rejecter of God's love? Hard-hearted, uncaring?

Some examples such as Nero, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Ted Bundy ect.; do we think God rejected them or vice versa?

Does God's love have limits? Conditions?

In short our attitude must be one of love for we are commanded to love our neighbor & love one another and let God recompense the wicked!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

ungodly unrighteous wicked yet Satan didn't create them a GOD did. Yeah.. not saying a WORD to the one true God what He should or should not do...hmm but maybe I should some times remind Him of His word :) Well the GOD that made everything He listened to Abraham. Destroyed here does not mean they are forever gone praise God. But I agree

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

In the days prior to 9/11, I was distraught in an emotional upheavel. My husband was hours away spending a final week with his dying mother. On that day I was alone, shocked, scared. I grew up in new york. Did I know anyone in the twin towers? To this day I still havent had the ability to check the lists of the dead. A friend of my brothers was in the pentagon when the plane hit.

I was full of rage and grief like many americans. I prayed. I wanted to pray for the destruction of terrorists.

Yeah that didnt work. I was told in clear terms DO NOT PRAY FOR THEIR DESTRUCTION. The Lord changed my prayers in mid prayer. Pray for the salvation of muslims and pray they cease terrorist attacks. That was all I was allowed to do.

Lesson learned.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Content Per Day:  2.77

john 1:12

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”

Seems to me this means all who believe in Jesus have Potential

The lukewarm  as  well as others

Isa 4:4

“When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.”

Luke 3: 16

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

1 Corin 3:13

“Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.”

Seems All will need and get cleaning with fire on His return

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

17 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

hoping for the destruction of the unGodly is the same as sowing the seed of loathe, destruction, rage, vengeance, and hostility.  God told us to forgive as He still give the chance to every body.

Thank you for this reminder. I have been very swift to hold things against people and criticize. So, I constantly need how God reminds me against, and keeps me from, being so self-righteously critical.

"I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder" > in 2 Peter 3:1. 

"For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe." (in Philippians 3:1)

There are things we do well to eat more than once.

I have already eaten many oranges. But this does not mean I will refuse an orange, today, because I have had oranges before.

Plus, now I can do better things while nourishing myself with oranges.

Like this, we do well to keep feeding together in God's word. And while we might keep eating certain same things of God's word, we can grow in Jesus, and discover how God's word has us doing better and better things! :)

So, yes we do well to not be glad about wrong people getting into trouble, but have hope for them . . . like Jesus has done >

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (in Luke 23:34)

Jesus prayed this. So, Jesus has hope for evil people, I see through our example Jesus.

Love "hopes all things," we have in 1 Corinthians 13:7.

And we are told to pray "for all men" > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

Praying "for", we have here . . . meaning, I now see, praying with caring hope for any person, at all, because of what is possible with God.

So, God bless you, too, and thank you :)

Edited by com7fy8
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/24/2023 at 8:10 AM, ayin jade said:

In the days prior to 9/11, I was distraught in an emotional upheavel. My husband was hours away spending a final week with his dying mother. On that day I was alone, shocked, scared. I grew up in new york. Did I know anyone in the twin towers? To this day I still havent had the ability to check the lists of the dead. A friend of my brothers was in the pentagon when the plane hit.

I was full of rage and grief like many americans. I prayed. I wanted to pray for the destruction of terrorists.

Yeah that didnt work. I was told in clear terms DO NOT PRAY FOR THEIR DESTRUCTION. The Lord changed my prayers in mid prayer. Pray for the salvation of muslims and pray they cease terrorist attacks. That was all I was allowed to do.

Lesson learned.

Speaking about 9/11, the all seeing eye in US dollar bill knows everything as in her is found all blood of people slained in the world (Rev 18:24)

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Speaking about 9/11, the all seeing eye in US dollar bill knows everything as in her is found all blood of people slained in the world (Rev 18:24)

How is the us responsible for the bloodshed in the killing fields or nazi germany camps or stalins russia or boko haram etc?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Might be interesting to look at when and how "The eye of Providence" first appeared  in US currency and ended up on  the one dollar bill. Here is one report on the subject for considering: http://greatseal.com/dollar/hawfdr.html

Of course the eye on a paper stock sees nothing at all.  These days it hardly even spends well.

It is a bit of a streeeetch to think  Rev. 18:24 refers to anything but what it clearly states within the fuller context of Revelation 18

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/23/2023 at 7:33 AM, R. Hartono said:

Why expect judgment ?

Perhaps because every person will be judged.

Just as every knee will bow. But not all will be separated out to be saved under the shed blood of Jesus, washed white as snow, to be with God for eternity forward. There is not a judgement,  but at least two  judgements that are revealed to us are there not?

I am fully expecting judgement.

I do love the humble song, a prayer  sung  by Fernando Ortega titled "Shame". -Might enjoy the lyrics as displayed while the song of humble prayer is sung.

(I am posting that song  in Videos, of Christian music)