• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, Amyhoff said:

I’m not trying to control her. Just trying to get her to not break commandments and other laws. 

It takes a willing heart to obey Christ.  How you describe her way of life, it sounds like she rejects Him and His teachings, which is why people say that she first needs to admit she is a sinner, ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus as her personal Savior, in her heart, not just her mind (thoughts).  Being born again is the key as through His power in us, the Holy Spirit can create a new creation, new person in us, so we no longer live according to the desires of the flesh, but through the will of God.  We alone cannot do this without first being born again.

Remember, she can go directly to the Father through Jesus.  No confession to another person is needed.  No need to say a certain number of prayers for forgiveness.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

Some people don't even believe in it.  Some hate God so much that the miss the forest for the trees and won't go.

So, no, everyone does not want to go.

That’s ridiculous. 

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

50 minutes ago, Amyhoff said:

That’s ridiculous. 

It may seem ridiculous, but unfortunately it's true.  Not all will accept salvation throu8gh Jesus.  Instead, they reject God, or try to "work" their way through salvation by doing good.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

We’ll my daughter goes to church every Sunday but commits the same sins way too often. That will not get her to heaven. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Amyhoff said:

That’s ridiculous. 

What's ridiculous about millions of people not believing in heaven?  It makes me sad, but it's very true.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 3/30/2023 at 6:35 AM, Amyhoff said:

How can I get her to be a better person and dress appropriately?  She has a terrible reputation in town.  In addition to being intimate with certain types of people god would not condone. 

Hi Amy,

Just love her and care for her and when she has reached the end of that terrible road she will know you are there for her. That is where God is, loving us as we all walked through the darkness that entrapped us. 

Be patient, be kind, don`t judge, be there for her and as you pray the darkness will be exposed to her and she will come willingly.

Trust God, don`t condemn, (she knows already) wait till the `cup of bitterness `is full and then she will cry for help.

praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,348
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Amyhoff said:

We’ll my daughter goes to church every Sunday but commits the same sins way too often. That will not get her to heaven. 

Remember that going to church is not what saves us....faith in Christ saves us.   And when we know/believe on Christ as our Savior, then our lives will show a change... because of the Holy Spirit's work in our hearts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

On 3/30/2023 at 5:20 PM, Jayne said:

What's ridiculous about millions of people not believing in heaven?  It makes me sad, but it's very true.

Makes me sad as well 

On 3/31/2023 at 3:14 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Amy,

Just love her and care for her and when she has reached the end of that terrible road she will know you are there for her. That is where God is, loving us as we all walked through the darkness that entrapped us. 

Be patient, be kind, don`t judge, be there for her and as you pray the darkness will be exposed to her and she will come willingly.

Trust God, don`t condemn, (she knows already) wait till the `cup of bitterness `is full and then she will cry for help.

praying, Marilyn.

I know. I try. But it’s not easy at times. I don’t want to have screaming and yelling matches. Nor do I want physical altercations to continue. It’s a real struggle. I want the best for her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.73
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Amyhoff said:

I know. I try. But it’s not easy at times. I don’t want to have screaming and yelling matches. Nor do I want physical altercations to continue. It’s a real struggle. I want the best for her. 

Just an observation from my life, screaming and yelling matches and physical alterations are usually the result of both parties trying to force each other to be what they want them to be instead of encouraging them to become what God intended them to be and loving them for whatever it turns out to be.

Gentle guidance accomplishes more than brute force, and then only when it is done to encourage personally seeking God's path and not the worldly one.

• Thumbs Up 2