• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

18 hours ago, RealReligionofPeace said:

Do you personally like to read the bible in order(from start to finish), or do you like reading out of random bible passages?

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Content Per Day:  12.18
  • Days Won:  31

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

For the Christian, reading the Bible is more important than one would ever know.  Seriously

Here are some good plans:

[1] I think the One-Year Bible is good:  a chapter from the Old, a chapter from the New,  a Psalm, and a Proverb.  

[2] The Chronological Bible is great!  I really like that one.

[3]  For me, since I have taught the Bible for many, many years - I like to read a book at a time [sometimes 2-3 books at a time = 2-4 chapters a day].

Two chapters a day = you can read the Bible in 2 years

Four chapters a day = you can read the Bible in 1 year.

Daily Bible reading with prayer is such a blessing indeed ..... @Jayne.......

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  964
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,782
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 hours ago, BibleWords said:

I am reading it right now in chronological order

Hi, Really?  Awesome, not too many individuals do that.

Might you be including use of the Life & Times Historical Reference Bible? 

On 4/10/2023 at 8:25 PM, RealReligionofPeace said:

Do you personally like to read the bible in order(from start to finish), or do you like reading out of random bible passages?

Oh that kinda depends on whether I want to use the Bible to justify what I want it to say,  or whether I want to enjoy reading to actually be learning from it.

Actually,  I have been fortunate enough to be led to local church bodies that study word by word, verse by verse, through the Bible. Not necessarily in order but by books. 

Ha come to think of it , I did spend two years with a nice group of Christians that read through the Bible  in sequence OT one year, NT the next. That was until we got to the Book I was most interested in going through with this group, for a lot of what they  seem to believe just wasn't clicking as accurate in my mind as it related to what I thought  was so.

Finally two years into it, and I am ready to ask how does the church's conclusions and actions mesh with  the book Revelation- And instead they went from Jude  back to Genesis, skipping Revelation altogether.

Say what, what happened to Revelation? "Oh we don't read that" Seems in order to fit their doctrines Revelation had to be hopped over.

Took me two years! To find out they thought we were in the millennium time and that Satan is bond and ....

Oh my, wonderful people, but wow was that  a stunner, that I had not picked up on that particular quirk of doctrine.  They were so diligent kind and sharing I had missed it altogether. But then a lot of the why things weren't quite matching up as we went along finally made sense, and sadly though they were the kindest of Christians I had to exit stage right.

Life's adventure has it's little side trips.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

"The Story" is a very nice " story" of the Bible.Using the NIV it is the Word of God you can read like a novel in chronological order and it's condensed into 31 chapters with time lines connecting the Biblical events into one continuous STORY....foreword by Max Lucado & Randy Frazee

Be Blessed-!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Really?  Awesome, not too many individuals do that.

Might you be including use of the Life & Times Historical Reference Bible? 

No, I have a plan from a Hebrew word for the Day book that had this plan in the back of book.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

25 minutes ago, BibleWords said:

No, I have a plan from a Hebrew word for the Day book that had this plan in the back of book.

Interesting, another way  of being disciplined in one's seekings.

Since my own local bodies of Jesus that  hav ebeen led to  tend to do word by word verse by verse through th eBible. I find  own my own time so to speak I do Topical Reading/study seeking application for life's needs desires and uses. Those tend to tke me through multiple books, or are least full chapters within books, at a time  in cross reference fashion.

For me seeking out a verse is dangerous stuff that can lead me astray of God's will and into just confirming  that my own will is endorsed by God.  -Danger, Danger, Will Robinson! Those here is what I think and see God says the same thing moments. Can be bad stuff that does little good and sometimes is harmful. Leads to "Oops!" moments and a lot of "sorry 'bout that " times.

THOUGH once having read for fullest context, then a reminder via God the Holy Spirit, from a simple passage sure does come to mind and is often very helpful, to me anyway.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 4/10/2023 at 7:25 PM, RealReligionofPeace said:

Unless I am researching a subject or looking something up to post here, I normally listen to the Bible.   For about 25 years I listened to the whole bible three times a year and the New Testament probably 4  times a month.  (I drove about 3,500 miles a month).

now days i try and listen to the whole bible once a year.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Content Per Day:  2.73
  • Days Won:  0

I read the bible straight through. Then found I could remember what I had read but not where exactly. So I read it again and made an excel spread sheet by subject matter so Now I can find things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  11

23 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Finally two years into it, and I am ready to ask how does the church's conclusions and actions mesh with  the book Revelation- And instead they went from Jude  back to Genesis, skipping Revelation altogether.

Say what, what happened to Revelation? "Oh we don't read that" Seems in order to fit their doctrines Revelation had to be hopped over.

Wow; my heart hurts.  Don’t they understand?  That would be “taking away” from the words of God:

And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

- Revelation 22:10,18-19 (KJV)

s e l a h

• Well Said! 1