• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 4/23/2023 at 2:30 PM, Waggles said:

17  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 

Romans 7:6 But now we have been delivered from the law,

having died to what we were held by,

so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit

and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Engaging in activities, whether they are perceived as 'good or bad',

without the leading of the Holy Spirit is lawlessness. Even as Saul

went forward without the presence of Samuel.

This is the doctrine of Christ.

2 John 9 Whoever goes forward (transgresses) and does not abide

in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

The relationship that the Son of God demonstrated in the life of Christ

is the exact same relationship we can walk in by the Holy Spirit. By this

relationship we accomplish what could not be done by the Law.

Zechariah 7:12 Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law

and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the

former prophets. Thus great wrath came from the Lord of hosts. 

Romans 8:2-4 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, FJK said:

So is the fault in the Holy Spirit or in yourself?

The fault is thinking we lead the Holy Spirit to do what we want rather than how we are to be led by the Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94

1 minute ago, ChristB4us said:

The fault is thinking we lead the Holy Spirit to do what we want rather than how we are to be led by the Spirit.

That would put the fault in yourself.

13 minutes ago, FJK said:

That would put the fault in yourself.

But I am stating this

15 minutes ago, ChristB4us said:

"The fault is thinking we lead the Holy Spirit to do what we want rather than how we are to be led by the Spirit."

as from the premise of your earlier quote, brother.

As far as putting him to work, my experience in life, in both the secular and the Christian, is that if you do nothing nothing happens. 

God doesn't turn you into a robot with baptism, he brings you the power to do great things in his name, but you are still the one that has to do them of your own will.

Unless you wish to clarify your comments.....

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94

12 minutes ago, ChristB4us said:

But I am stating this

15 minutes ago, ChristB4us said:

"The fault is thinking we lead the Holy Spirit to do what we want rather than how we are to be led by the Spirit."

as from the premise of your earlier quote, brother.

Unless you wish to clarify your comments.....

I'll just say one thing, When you argue in favor or what you can't do, you can't do it.

All things are possible in Christ, except for those you argue aren't.

2 minutes ago, FJK said:

I'll just say one thing, When you argue in favor or what you can't do, you can't do it.

All things are possible in Christ, except for those you argue aren't.

Basically, it is about how you apply your faith in Jesus Christ to do through the Holy Spirit in you.

When believers were handling poisonous snakes to prove something to others, they wind up getting bitten and die.  This would be an example of testing God which we are not to do.  Plus, seeking miracles to exalt oneself in the eyes of another is vanity which the Lord will not care to entertain either les the foot of pride comes between us and Him.

Why would any believer be tempted to do that? By not applying His words rightly as from below.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Has this serpent biting any one has ever happened?  It did to Paul but not by seeking it to happen as if to put on a show.

Acts 28:1And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita. 2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold. 3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. 4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. 5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. 6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

This is an example of signs following the believers as a witness to the unbelievers, same as tongues, but believers are not to follow after signs nor are unbelievers to seek after a sign for salvation either.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.'''

...26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

So one has to wonder about that Azusa Street Revival when the emphasis was on baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues because that "revival" also has slain in the spirit and drunk in the spirit happening there too.

But I cannot make any one wonder if their minds are made up to not discern with Jesus Christ that apostate calling.

To be led by the Holy Spirit, we must endure the chastening of the Lord...

Hebrews 12:5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:

My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.

7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons;

for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 

...until the perfection of our obedience to Him.

We must abide, not based on circumstances, but in spite of circumstances.

Philippians 4:

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned

in whatever state I am, to be content: 

12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound.

Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry,

both to abound and to suffer need.

This is the sure mercies of David.

2 Samuel 7:14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity,

I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 

15 But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul,

whom I removed from before you.

To "trust in the Lord with all our heart", is to be fully convinced that

"all things work for the good".

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful;

nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness

to those who have been trained by it.

Edited by Mr. M
cosmetic
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

To be led by the Holy Spirit, we must endure the chastening of the Lord...

Hebrews 12:5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:

...until the perfection of our obedience to Him.

We must abide, not based on circumstances, but in spite of circumstances.

Philippians 4:

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned

in whatever state I am, to be content: 

12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound.

Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry,

both to abound and to suffer need.

This is the sure mercies of David.

2 Samuel 7:14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity,

I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 

15 But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul,

whom I removed from before you.

To "trust in the Lord with all our heart", is to be fully convinced that

"all things work for the good".

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful;

nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness

to those who have been trained by it.

What a dismal outlook?  God loves His children and has sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth.

13 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

Nice to see something with in "gifts of the Spirit" many post do not. "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” 

Just hit abunch of Churches in your city. Some will be alive others will....well no life all  saved just like the 12/120 where but not filled with the sweet holy Spirit. It is amazing how many fight won't speak and believe one verse Luke 11:13. So in truth the 1st question should have been have you received the holy spirit since you believed? If you did you have a story...something awesome that keep happening after that moment.. just got better better brighter.. you just never get enough of Christ! It is so strange how the hunger never dies never gets old always wanting more and He gives and gives praise GOD GLORY TO JESUS. 

Care to explain further on the bold in your statement?  Are you judging the churches in that city where some are alive but others will what?  No life ( but ) all saved?  Just like the 12/120?  Saying those churches were not filled with the Holy Spirit?  Saved but no life?  kind of hard to see what you are meaning here, but just in case you think believers are saved without having been filled with the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

All believers in Jesus Christ has the promise of the Spirit by faith.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith..... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Applying Luke 11:9-13

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Does that mean once you had received the holy Spirit for knocking at the door of Jesus Christ, you would not ask for Him again unless you make the Father look evil as if He did not give you the Holy Spirit the first time when you believed in Jesus Christ?

Discern that with Jesus Christ a bit.  Chew it slowly.  Don't gulp it down at a glance.

And you said the hunger never dies.  is that because you keep hungering for more of the holy Spirit?  But what about the message that you would not ask for Him again, let alone, Jesus's promise here below that after coming to & believing in Him, you would never hunger nor thirst to be filled again after salvation?

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So if a saved believer seeks more filling of the Holy Spirit, does that not counter the witness from those two scriptural references and the another one below as if we are being leaky vessels that need a continual filling?

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

How can believers not divide themselves from other believers when they claim to have another drink of the One Spirit that we were all baptized by?

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

If you can answer any of these questions, that would be great, but if you do not have an answer, maybe somebody else will.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:32 AM, JimmyB said:

What a dismal outlook?  God loves His children and has sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:32 AM, JimmyB said:

Take it up with the author of the NT. Oh, that's right, the Holy Spirit.

2 Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.

Try a scriptural outlook.