• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,057
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

EVERYTHING  IS  LAWFUL ???

1 TIMOTHY 1:8  BUT  WE  KNOW  THE  LAW  IS  GOOD  IF  A  MAN  USE  IT  LAWFULLY

--1:9-- knowing this that the law is not made  --for a righteous man  ---  but for the lawless and disobedient-- for the ungodly and for sinners for unholy and --PROFANE-- for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers for manslayers 

--1:10-- for whoremongers for them that --DEFILE  THEMSELVES  WITH  MANKIND-- for menstealers  --FOR  LIARS-- for perjured persons and  --IF-- there be any other thing --that is contrary to sound doctrine--

--1:11--  according to the glorious gospel of  --THE  BLESSED  GOD-- which was committed to my trust 

EVERYTHING  IS  LAWFUL ???

ROMANS 3:13  their throat is an open sepulchre with their tongues --they have used deceit--   THE  POISON  OF  ASPS  IS  UNDER  THEIR  LIPS 

COLOSSIANS 2:8  BEWARE  LEST  ANY  MAN  SPOIL  YOU  THROUGH PHILOSOPHY -- AND  VAIN  DECEIT -- AFTER  THE  TRADITION  OF  MEN AFTER  THE  RUDIMENTS  OF  THE  WORLD  --- AND  NOT  AFTER  CHRIST ---

2 THESSALONIANS 2:3  let no man deceive you  --by any means--  for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first and that man of sin be revealed the son of perdition 

1 THESSALONIANS 2:3  FOR  OUR  EXHORTATION  WAS  NOT  OF  DECEIT  NOR  OF  UNCLEANNESS  NOR  IN  GUILE 

ISAIAH 53:9  and  HE  made  HIS  grave with the wicked and with the rich in  HIS  death  -- because  HE  had  done no violence  ---  NEITHER  WAS  ANY  DECEIT  IN  HIS  MOUTH ---

2 TIMOTHY 2:15  study to show thyself approved unto  GOD  --A  WORKMAN--  that needeth not to be ashamed   ---rightly dividing the word of truth ---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

It is our joke that we share when people ask how we met.  

We each had been on the same Christian message board for years without ever having had direct conversation, even on that board.

Thanks for clarifying that - what a hoot (since I took you at your "word")! :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon: 

Reminds me of a brother I get with regularly, who married a South American woman who was supposedly a believer (his work had him down there a lot).  It ended when she went off the deep end and started doing crazy things, including practicing some form of VooDoo.  Very soon after the divorce he went back to that country and found & married another woman from there.  This one is a solid Christian sister who actively seeks the Lord with Him wonderfully!  I must admit I thought this to be a little in the "mail order bride" approach, but after a number of years, things seem to be very good with them!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

It ended when she went off the deep end and started doing crazy things, including practicing some form of VooDoo.

Probably Macumba, almost the same as Santeria in [laces like Cuba and those other islands in that vicinity, Voodoo in Haiti, Hoodoo in some southern parts of the United States and some minor practices noted only by scholars in such things.  They're pretty much all the same, mostly following the same gods under different names, with some local and regional variations that discriminate between them.

It's a sort of synthesis of African animism brought to South America and parts of the US by African slaves that were blended with native religions and the Catholic Church (which embraced it thinking their attendance indicated great spiritual works being done by them among the native peoples).

Only South American country I'm really know much about is Brazil which is said to be 90% Catholic and 100% Macumba,  Catholic churches there often include Macumba rooms where worshipers will go to perform Macumba rituals after going through the various Catholic rituals and rites.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

44 minutes ago, FJK said:

Probably Macumba, almost the same as Santeria in [laces like Cuba and those other islands in that vicinity, Voodoo in Haiti, Hoodoo in some southern parts of the United States and some minor practices noted only by scholars in such things.  They're pretty much all the same, mostly following the same gods under different names, with some local and regional variations that discriminate between them.

It's a sort of synthesis of African animism brought to South America and parts of the US by African slaves that were blended with native religions and the Catholic Church (which embraced it thinking their attendance indicated great spiritual works being done by them among the native peoples).

Only South American country I'm really know much about is Brazil which is said to be 90% Catholic and 100% Macumba,  Catholic churches there often include Macumba rooms where worshipers will go to perform Macumba rituals after going through the various Catholic rituals and rites.

Yeah, that sounds about right - it seems to be basically the kind of convoluted thing he ran into. I don't recall a whole lot of what he said about it, but I think her family was into it.  It doesn't surprise me that the RCC would get in bed with that practice, as that's their basic MO when "converting" a population - integrate whatever's already there, so as not to upset people too much (much like the Roman Empire would do when conquering new lands).