• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Way too much in this to even start talking about.    Everyone needs to pay heed to what's in here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,156
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

he has omitted the Apostles Creed

The Apostles Creed Prayer (Protestant)

The Apostles Creed Prayer: I believe in God the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth:

And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
Born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, dead, and buried:
He descended into hell;
The third day he rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Ghost;
The holy Catholic Church;
The Communion of Saints;
The Forgiveness of sins;
The Resurrection of the body,
And the Life everlasting.
Amen.

dont know if the Gospel was obscured as i didnt watch ...and what i did watch the sound was non existent!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

he has omitted the Apostles Creed

The Apostles Creed Prayer (Protestant)

The Apostles Creed Prayer: I believe in God the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth:

And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
Born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, dead, and buried:
He descended into hell;
The third day he rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Ghost;
The holy Catholic Church;
The Communion of Saints;
The Forgiveness of sins;
The Resurrection of the body,
And the Life everlasting.
Amen.

dont know if the Gospel was obscured as i didnt watch ...and what i did watch the sound was non existent!

The Apostles Creed Protestant prayer includes "I believe in the Holy Ghost; the Holy Catholic Church; the communion of saints..."?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, JimmyB said:

The Apostles Creed Protestant prayer includes "I believe in the Holy Ghost; the Holy Catholic Church; the communion of saints..."?

Not sure if this was your question that got embedded in the previous quote, but yes, that is in the Apostles creed within Protestant churches, catholic referring to the broad universal Church, and not specifically the Roman Catholic Church.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.32

7 hours ago, teddyv said:

Not sure if this was your question that got embedded in the previous quote, but yes, that is in the Apostles creed within Protestant churches, catholic referring to the broad universal Church, and not specifically the Roman Catholic Church.

@1to3  &  @JimmyB & @ladypeartree & @existential mabel & @other one

My former church had at one time replaced the Catholic Church with universal Church but then changed it back again.

I believe it is important to stand apart from what represent the works of darkness and say what we really mean.

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 10:15I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

2 Corinthians 2:17For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:2 I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare: 3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. 4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

2 Corinthians 7:2 Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we have defrauded no man. 3 I speak not this to condemn you: for I have said before, that ye are in our hearts to die and live with you. 4 Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

13 hours ago, teddyv said:

Okay, but it says "the Holy Catholic Church", with both Catholic and Church being capitalized.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

On 5/9/2023 at 6:44 AM, JimmyB said:

Okay, but it says "the Holy Catholic Church", with both Catholic and Church being capitalized.

It must depend where you look. Our denomination does not capitalize those words. There is an asterisk and footnote beside catholic that it refers to the universal church.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,156
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

On 5/9/2023 at 1:33 AM, teddyv said:

that came to be a real road block for me in the end after years of 'saying this' i was gradually unsettled by it.  and stopped taking communion because of it...a time of 'wrestling'