• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

27 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

This notion of 'types of Christ' is definitely something I wanted to explore with this thread, so I am glad that you brought it up. First, I wanted to establish some key points about THE Christ as a reference to the 'types'.

John 3:

34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. 

35 The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.

Colossians 2:9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 

10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

2 Peter 1:

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

In summary, the Father has given all things unto the Son, and through Him, all who belong to Him receive a PORTION by measure. All who receive of Him by faith are PARTAKERS.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 

Since all who partake of Him receive only in measure, is Melchizedek a type of Christ, or an early type of those who are in Christ? No man can be a full embodiment, only the man Christ Jesus. The rest are members of His Body.

And what do we know about the Body? 

Ephesians 2:

19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 

20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 

21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 

22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

I say this a lot, but it bears repeating. I think all of scripture testifies of the Word and records for us the myriad aspects of His being and work...so, I see the King of Salem as an example. A very clear example, at that.

I tend to keep things simple.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, AnnaGrace said:

The word theophany doesn’t appear in scripture is a concept/phenomenon made through/by the finite knowledge of mortal man, not God. If it was the sound knowledge of God, he’d have included the word in His living word as well as defined it/made it clear for all to understand. He is not a God of confusion. His word is transparent and speaks for itself. The distortion and perversion of scripture occurs when man thinks it’s his place to expound on/interpret the word using words, concepts, and knowledge that aren’t found in the Bible (but in commentaries of man, words of a pastor or theologian, etc.). 

That must mean you don't believe in the Trinity then too, because that word isn't in the Bible either.  

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Roymond said:

That bit of speculation pops up a fair amount over the centuries, but it's generally agreed that this "King of Righteousness" was human

The idea of God assigning angels to "foster each group" seems vaguely familiar.  Does that have anything to do with "the Watchers" and the stories around them?

Yes. No parents means not human.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

23 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

That must mean you don't believe in the Trinity then too, because that word isn't in the Bible either.  

Correct. 

7 hours ago, Roymond said:

In its "raw" form it certainly sounds like Jesus, and more than a few down the centuries have held that identity.

For myself, that's one of the questions I want answered when I get to heaven!

I would lovingly warn anyone who handles the word of God in any sort of “teaching” capacity to refrain from thinking they will be given any room for leniency by God with regards to how they handled His word (and the accurate or inaccurate way in which they communicated it to others). God freely gives knowledge & wisdom to all who ask and does so without reproach; so if greater wisdom and knowledge is what you’re seeking, please seek Him and Him alone. Not mortal men on a forum. 

Anyone who makes it through the gates heaven will already intimately know the Lord Jesus; they wont have any uncertainties regarding who He is and who He tells everyone He is in His word. 

4 minutes ago, AnnaGrace said:

I would lovingly warn anyone who handles the word of God in any sort of “teaching” capacity to refrain from thinking they will be given any room for leniency by God with regards to how they handled His word (and the accurate or inaccurate way in which they communicated it to others). God freely gives knowledge & wisdom to all who ask and does so without reproach; so if greater wisdom and knowledge is what you’re seeking, please seek Him and Him alone. Not mortal men on a forum. 

Anyone who makes it through the gates heaven will already intimately know the Lord Jesus; they wont have any uncertainties regarding who He is and who He tells everyone He is in His word. 

You are a mortal person on a forum telling other people to not listen to other mortal people.  That's circular logic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.95
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

30 minutes ago, other one said:

Yes. No parents means not human.

Adam had no parents. 

3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

Melchizedek had no parents, but was made like the Son of God, because God is well able to make himself a man to be a high priest unto Himself for righteousness and peace. Yet, we are told that he was a man.

4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. 

The fact that he remained a priest continually does not mean he lived eternally. He remained in his estate as high priest for life. Not so for the Levitical priesthood.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

You are a mortal person on a forum telling other people to not listen to other mortal people.  That's circular logic.

You must not be too familiar with the one unpardonable sin. 

6 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Furthermore, I never told Raymond to come to me for my teaching, now did I? I told him exactly where he needed to go and it wasn’t to Annagrace. 

3 minutes ago, AnnaGrace said:

You must not be too familiar with the one unpardonable sin. 

That sounds like an assumption.  How would you know this?  Are you a Charismatic?