• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, farouk said:

@LiveWire It's interesting that in NT the Lord Jesus quoted from the Septuagint ...

(This shows the Lord's sovereignty....)

From the Torah:

17 Think not that I have come to destroy the law or the prophets: I have not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away, than for one point of the law to fall.

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Jesus breaks down the Commandments into His Meaning is referencing the Torah.

And the tempter came and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.” But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’” 

^

Written in the Torah

There's quite a bit including when Jesus shows us specifically He's referencing the Torah and Tanakh:

44 And he said to them: These are my words, which I spoke to you while I was yet with you, that all things that are written in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms concerning me must be fulfilled.

^

Notice the ORDER : Law - Prophets - Psalms

The OLD Testament for the Septuagint and Masoretic it's Law - Psalms - Prophets.

Jesus said LAW - PROPHETS - then PSALMS, Jesus is Always quoting the Torah/Tanakh.

Jesus could have quoted the Septuagint, I just don't see evidence for it.  Even the Scroll of Isaiah, in the Synagogue, just says Scroll of Isaiah, in [ALL] Text Versions.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, farouk said:

@LiveWire It's interesting that in NT the Lord Jesus quoted from the Septuagint ...

(This shows the Lord's sovereignty....)

What matters is Septuagint or Masoretic, Alexandrian or Textus Receptus, the main points are the same:  Jesus is The Lord, Jesus saves. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

1 minute ago, Solus Christus said:

What matters is Septuagint or Masoretic, Alexandrian or Textus Receptus, the main points are the same:  Jesus is The Lord, Jesus saves. 

@Solus Christus His wondrous Person and Work are central; the central theme of the written Word of God is indeed the living and eternal Word Himself, and gloriously so.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

4 minutes ago, Solus Christus said:

I definitely agree.

But I look at some conversations like a debate where evidence and proofs are crucial and viable.

But I don't care if you read a coloring book about Jesus.  Correct, incorrect, as long as we understand it is Jesus, we're good as Gold!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 7/24/2023 at 11:58 AM, LiveWire said:

I definitely agree.

But I look at some conversations like a debate where evidence and proofs are crucial and viable.

@LiveWire I am reminded of 2 Timothy 3.9: "The word of God is not bound".

That being said, you are right also about putting translations to the test.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

35 %   -  of the Hebrew contained in the  Dead Sea  Scrolls  match  exactly identical with the Masoretic text 

but only  about   (     0.5  to    1    %   )    -   of the Dead Sea Scroll  fragments found  in  Greek  -    show  support todays version of  the  Greek Septuagint, the  remaining  other 55 %   of  the  other  Dead Sea  Scroll  materials do not  match or  confirm  any protestant  bible  version  nor  any  other manuscripts  that  have  been found for  our  Protestant  Bible  Manuscripts

Over  half  -     "  55 %  "    -   of  all   Dead Sea  Scroll  materials  discovered  between 1947 and 1956  do  not  support  or  match  any  other  manuscripts  nor  match  up  to  any  translation  anywhere.   -   for  our  Protestant  Bible  Manuscripts

In the dead sea scrolls there were found  aprox  203  verses in the Greek language   -  for the Old Testament, however,  there are an approximate   23,145   total verses that are contained in the entire Hebrew Old Testament

Here are the aprox 203 Greek passages found in the Dead Sea Scrolls for the Old Testament
that could be attributed to  the  Greek Septuagint verse   - found in the Dead Sea Scrolls

4Q119 - Greek Septuagint. Leviticus. Chapter 26: 2 – 3 - 6 – 9 – 14

4Q120 - Greek Septuagint. Leviticus 1: 11 _ 2: 3 - 4 - 7 _ 3: 4 - 7 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 13 - 14 _ 4: 3 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 11 - 18 - 19 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 30 _ 5: 6 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 _ 6: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

4Q121 - Greek Septuagint. Numbers 3: 40 - 41 - 42 - 43 - 50 _ 4: 1 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 – 16

4Q122 - Greek Septuagint. Deuteronomy 11: - 4

7Q1 - Greek Septuagint. Exodus 28: 4 - 5 -  6 – 7

8HevXIIgr - Septuagint 

Jonah 1: - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Jonah 2: -1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6
Jonah 3: - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
Jonah 4: - 1 - 2 - 5
Micah 1: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
Micah 2: - 7 - 8
Micah 3: - 5 - 6
Micah 4: - 3 - 4 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
Micah 5: - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
Nahum 1: - 13
Nahum 2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 12 - 13
Nahum 3: - 3 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 
Habakkuk 1: - 6 - 7  - 9 - 10 - 11 - 15 - 16 – 17
Habakkuk 2: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Habakkuk 3: - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15
Zephaniah 1: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18
Zephaniah 2: - 9 - 10
Zephaniah 3: - 7
Zechariah 1: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 12 - 13 – 21
Zechariah 2: - 3 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 8 - 12
Zechariah 3: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
Zechariah 8: - 19 - 20 - 21 - 23
Zechariah 9: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

there are about   (     0.5  to    1    %   )    -   of the Dead Sea Scroll  fragments found  in  Greek  -    within the Dead  Sea  Scrolls  -  for the Old Testament.

Could it be that just because people were making Greek translations of the Old Testament does not necessary provide evidence or  proof  to support a completed Greek Septuagint  -  especially when less that   1 %  of  Greek  manuscripts  exist -   today   -   to  show  what  existed as  Old  Testament  Greek  translation  before  the  Lord  Jesus  Christ.

also the remaining 55 % of Dead Sea Scrolls are materials that exist - are either not supporting the Bible Translations we have today or they are Apocryphal writings or materials not related to the Bible

The DEAD SEA SCROLLS - - are are a body of ancient manuscript material that confirm roughly - 35 - 50 % of all that is known and accepted today by Protestants as - the Bible.  -as  Masoretic  texts

this includes confirmation _ for about  0.5  to    1    % of the Greek Septuagint - itself, as it exists today

this includes confirmation _ for about    (   35 %   )  of the Masoretic manuscripts - itself, as it exists today

Dead Sea Scrolls also contained 5 copies of Tobit, 3 manuscripts of the Wisdom of Jesus ben Sirah (Ecclesiasticus),

1 manuscript of the Epistle of Jeremiah (not actually written by Jeremiah).

1 manuscript of The book of Enoch is represented in 12 copies from Qumran,

and 13 manuscripts of Jubilees

The DEAD SEA SCROLLS are very important - its not that the Dead Sea Scrolls contradict or prove the Protestant Bible to be wrong

it's simply just that around 50 - 55 %  of the DEAD SEA SCROLLS are missing or do not contain what is contained as the Protestant Bible as a completed Bible, this is not a problem - the DEAD SEA SCROLLS artifacts discovered - simply have around 25 - 35 % of what is considered as the Protestant Bible. and they are in agreement

this is - what we can see - and perceive and what can be proven from all that I have found.

Edited by Never Alone

after  25  years  of  trying  to  fully  view  the  online  materials  for  the  Dead  Sea  Scrolls   I  have  found  that  one must be financially invested and academically associated with  a n  organization  for  studying   and  paying  money  be   EDUCATED  about  topical and subjects and parts of the - Dead Sea Scrolls as a project for reviewing parts ( EDUCATIONAL SUBJECTS )

as historical educational classes and studies and involved in an educational program or associated with an  affiliated  organization    -   in order to see, review and have access to a specific limited range of photos - / limited   -   of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

I  still  have  been  unable  to  review ,  study  and  view  all  of  the  Dead  Sea  Scrolls  without  giving  my  Identity,  personal  address    or  taking  classes and studies  involved in educational program  -  or   associated with an  affiliated  organization  approved   by  the  business  holdings  of  the  Dead Sea Scroll  holdings

the  Dead Sea  Scrolls  for  review,  need  to  know  -  who  I am,  where  I  live,  what I  believe  and  subscribe  to -  whom's  organization  I am  associated  with

and   ultimately   -  what   I  will  say  after  receiving  a  program  to  view  portions  of   scrolls

are there  any  other  brothers  and  sisters  who   also  simply  believe  to  be  better  off   -    by   not  distributing   personal  identity  to  the  government  agency 

agents  need  excuses   -    -   without  an  cause  or  reason   /  excuse   - 

the  agent  discovering  things   from   untoward,  off-path   sources,.    -    can   compromise  the   agent,   

if  needed,   this  compromise  can  be  also  an  agent  transformed  into     -    Deputy  Agent  }    temp

still,  either  way   /\      we  are  the  bugs  who  need  environment

Edited by Never Alone

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I use NKJV, ESV, AMP, and ALT3 (Analytical-Literal Translation).  I refer to Young's and Green's literal translations as well.