• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,490
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  99

4 hours ago, Mr. M said:

The desires of the flesh are not sin-nature without the commandment.

Romans

5:12-14 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned, For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 

7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

I find your statement spot on here:

Matthew 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

The point is not to be desire-less (taoism), but to have Godly desires.

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Well said, brother. Nuance abounds, yes?

When I was in the world and ignorant there were things I did, but I didn't know they were wrong. I didn't know that the Lord preserved me for Himself, and that I belonged to Him alone. How could I have known unless the Lord Himself revealed this to me? He did indeed, but it was at the proper time in due season. There is a time for every matter under heaven. 

I never received the Law; I never heard the words of God when I was ignorant in this world. There were things that I already knew were wrong such as murder... lies and deceit... theft... and harming or otherwise preying upon others, but not how I belonged to the Lord and no one else. Had I known this from the beginning, would I have joined myself to a woman at any time? Of course not!

This reflects the Lord's judgment of gentiles (foreigners to the Law), and we see this judgment demonstrated in His mercy toward Nineveh from the book of Jonah:

But God said to Jonah, “Do you have a good reason to be angry about the plant?” And he said, “I have good reason to be angry, even to the point of death!” Then the Lord said, “You had compassion on the plant, for which you did not work and which you did not cause to grow, which came up overnight and perished overnight. Should I not also have compassion on Nineveh, the great city in which there are more than 120,000 people, who do not know the difference between their right hand and their left, as well as many animals?” (Jonah 4:9-11 NASB)

As you have pointed out, once knowledge of the difference between the right hand and the left hand comes, everything changes. Adam received the commandment of the Lord and thus, disobeying His commandment is the sin. The Lord remembers that we are but dust (Psalm 103:14) and so, His righteous judgment reflects our estate upon this earth. 

The Lord wasn't wrathful regarding those things I did before I knew they were wrong. Not at all. He promised to teach me the beginning of wisdom instead, giving me that most astonishing gift delivered to us by the prophet Jeremiah:

This is what the Lord of armies, the God of Israel says: “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat flesh. For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them on the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you shall walk entirely in the way which I command you, so that it may go well for you.’" (Jeremiah 7:21-23 NASB)

Obey His voice. That's the gift of the Lord to us all. We hear the Lord, and we obey His voice. What came before has passed away and is no more. God Himself dwells with us. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
typos
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Anne2 said:

I didn't think I would have to quote this?????

Mt 19:4  And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5  And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6  Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
6  Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mr 10:8  And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

This still doesn't contain "The two, were made one. Her seed was also his seed, as one flesh".

BTW, this describes marriage (or more properly spiritual union) of two people.  It is obviously not literal, as they remain separate people.  And it says nothing about "seed" (which is not flesh).

Edited by JimmyB

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,949
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Mt 1:16  And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

I should bring the follow to your attention..about Mathew 1:16...and I posted from the Greek also...which actually we do not need because the one who gave birth to Jesus was Mary...before Joseph was her husband...and Joseph wanted to let her go because he found out that she was expecting...

The scripture above should read: Joseph the husband of Mary

(when Jesus was born Joseph was her husband...but when Mary was found expecting a child Joseph was not her husband. He married her because the Angel Gabriel told him to do so. But he never touch her till after she gave birth to Jesus.)

*the husband of Mary, who gave birth to Jesus...

(Not of whom referring to Joseph Jesus was born..)

Mathew 1:16 

*Holman Christian Standard Bible
16. and Jacob fathered Joseph the husband of Mary,  who gave birth to Jesus who is called the Messiah

Church
Ἰακὼβ δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἰωσὴφ τὸν ἄνδρα Μαρίας, ἐξ ἧς ἐγεννήθη Ἰησοῦς ὁ λεγόμενος Χριστός.

ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΤΘΑΙΟΝ 1:16 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Edition
Ἰακὼβ δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἰωσὴφ τὸν ἄνδρα Μαρίας, ἐξ ἧς ἐγεννήθη Ἰησοῦς ὁ λεγόμενος Χριστός.

ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΤΘΑΙΟΝ 1:16 Greek NT: Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894
Ἰακὼβ δὲ ἐγέννησε τὸν Ἰωσὴφ τὸν ἄνδρα Μαρίας, ἐξ ἧς ἐγεννήθη Ἰησοῦς ὁ λεγόμενος Χριστός.

6ἧς

see also ης, ᾖς, -ής‎

ἧς (Ancient Greek)

Pronoun

Inflection of ὅς‎ (genitive singular feminine)

Adjective

ἧς

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,508
  • Content Per Day:  1.45

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I should bring the follow to your attention..about Mathew 1:16...and I posted from the Greek also...which actually we do not need because the one who gave birth to Jesus was Mary...before Joseph was her husband...and Joseph wanted to let her go because he found out that she was expecting...

The scripture above should read: Joseph the husband of Mary

(when Jesus was born Joseph was her husband...but when Mary was found expecting a child Joseph was not her husband. He married her because the Angel Gabriel told him to do so. But he never touch her till after she gave birth to Jesus.)

*the husband of Mary, who gave birth to Jesus...

(Not of whom referring to Joseph Jesus was born..)

Mathew 1:16 

*Holman Christian Standard Bible
16. and Jacob fathered Joseph the husband of Mary,  who gave birth to Jesus who is called the Messiah

Church

ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΤΘΑΙΟΝ 1:16 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Edition

ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΤΘΑΙΟΝ 1:16 Greek NT: Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894
Ἰακὼβ δὲ ἐγέννησε τὸν Ἰωσὴφ τὸν ἄνδρα Μαρίας, ἐξ ἧς ἐγεννήθη Ἰησοῦς ὁ λεγόμενος Χριστός.

6ἧς

see also ης, ᾖς, -ής‎

ἧς (Ancient Greek)

Pronoun

Adjective

ἧς

Mt 1:19  Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
Mt 19:7  They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
 The same is used throughout scripture for divorce.

10 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Mt 1:19  Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
Mt 19:7  They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
 The same is used throughout scripture for divorce.

What language is this? "publick", "privily", "divorcement"?

6 hours ago, JimmyB said:

The language my bible software uses.

• This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, JimmyB said:

KJV. 

21 hours ago, Marathoner said:

KJV. 

After doing some research, I found that those words are found in the Authorized KJV, used in Britain.  They are not used in the KJV, used in the US.  Either way, they are antiquated, perhaps of historical interest.  Words like that make the KJV even harder to read and understand.

How is this for wording? "Then Joseph her husband, being a just, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily." 

Edited by JimmyB
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JimmyB said:

After doing some research, I found that those words are found in the Authorized KJV, used in Britain.  They are not used in the KJV, used in the US.  Either way, they are antiquated, perhaps of historical interest.  Words like that make the KJV even harder to read and understand.

How is this for wording? "Then Joseph her husband, being a just, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily." 

Verily. Yonder prose is long of tooth; lo, flowers wilteth afore thou googlest the mysteries of archaic diction. :emot-nod:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JimmyB said:

My software says it is AV. 

I had to go back and look at it because I thought I might have somehow done something. So I looked before I answered you. I never noticed it before. I think it is a unique software, I down loaded years ago, from a British university. I know that contact info, is Ontario Canada. 

Edited by Anne2