• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

As far as I know, being a prophet is God-ward. One is a prophet only because God holds that individual is a prophet (Jeremiah 1:4). It doesn't matter what humans think, because humans can be wrong. God can never be wrong.

Is not a prophet God messenger.  He speaks as God directs him.  In the old testament, we know God appeared in many ways and gave his instructions and the prophets followed through.   

I myself really don't know any who is a prophet and foretell future events that comes true all the time. There are many on youtube, and other medium, the Church and other who say they are, but as I asked you the questions before, how are they really known.   They must have to say , "Thus say the Lord" if he is relaying what the Lord has conveyed to him.

We also knows that Satan can come in as an angel of light and as a counterfeiter, so there are those out there too.   I pray for discernment and guidance from the holy spirit and God himself to navigate through these issues.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

10 hours ago, warrior12 said:

There are many on youtube, and other medium, the Church and other who say they are, but as I asked you the questions before, how are they really known.

It's not God's aim that his prophets be known in the world and by humans as prophets. Like I said, being a prophet is God-ward. One is a prophet because God says that one is a prophet. 

Why would people want to know if an individual is prophet? How does it benefit the knower or the known? So that the knower can heap all of their life's spiritual problems on the known? Only God can really solve spiritual problems. A true prophet shouldn't seek to be known by people.

God definitely knows the true prophets. 

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.58
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

A true prophet shouldn't seek to be known by people.

What's the purpose of being a Prophet then?  Why would God send a Prophet  and keep himself and his prophecies a secret from the people?

Did the Prophets of old keep themselves and their prophecies secret from others so that nobody knew of them?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but that is what comes to me as I read your post.

31 minutes ago, FJK said:

What's the purpose of being a Prophet then?  Why would God send a Prophet  and keep himself and his prophecies a secret from the people?

Did the Prophets of old keep themselves and their prophecies secret from others so that nobody knew of them?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but that is what comes to me as I read your post.

To what end should they be known? Their prophecies should of course be known but not they themselves. Being known is what led to the death of the Man of God who God sent to prophesy at Bethel (1 Kings 13).

Edited by kenny2212

1 hour ago, kenny2212 said:

It's not God's aim that his prophets be known in the world and by humans as prophets. Like I said, being a prophet is God-ward. One is a prophet because God says that one is a prophet. 

Why would people want to know if an individual is prophet? How does it benefit the knower or the known? So that the knower can heap all of their life's spiritual problems on the known? Only God can really solve spiritual problems. A true prophet shouldn't seek to be known by people.

God definitely knows the true prophets. 

God has an array of beings that he uses for his purposes.  The angels serve in many different capacities and are invisible beings, that can manifest into the physical as God uses them in his work.   

Prophets on the other hand are God messengers whom he uses to proclaim his warnings, decrees and other to his servants here on earth.  This is what I at least see in the historical accounts in the bible.   

Anyway thank you for your replies.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

Thank you "kenny2212, R. Hartono, FJK, Jaydub, Desopixi Seilynam, warrior12..."

This discussion seems to be going fairly well...there is constructive posting...good questions...some healthy debate...all of which can lead to a deeper revelation of truth...in this case concerning the viability of existing NT prophets...for those who earnestly yet patiently peruse the Lord for answers.

I am working on an "outline" of sorts to layout what I have learned about this subject that we might be able to work from...it should be done in the next day or so. I am not as interested in arguing pointlessly as I am a deeper level of truth and understanding concerning NT prophets. So...for this reason I am not posting to simply argue...it is not my goal to be "right"...and fight with you if you do not agree.

What and how one believes and lives as a result...is uniquely there responsibility...however...remember the Body of Christ on the earth is to grow in unity and the knowledge of the Son of God...there is more as you are aware and we can get to that.

kenny2212...I appreciate your attitude and direction in this discussion...there is a good chance that a result of this pursuit...we will all have a deeper understanding of not only a NT prophet but apostle as well.

Tatwo...:)

37 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

Being known is what led to the death of the Man of God who God sent to prophesy at Bethel (1 Kings 13).

No, that was not why the prophet was killed by a lion in that episode.  The title of the chapter said it plainly.  Maybe, you can post  again why the prophet died.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

23 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

That was 2000 years ago.

Matthew 23 speaks of all bunch of hypocrites, the same things nowadays, most socalled prophets are merely profit.

I believe that the word of God has been heavily messed with,
I can clearly see a need for 'scribes' right now.
Surely Jesus' words apply to all of time up until He returns.

Matthew 23:34 connects with Daniel 11:33-35 and Revelation 11.

Certainly there will be Godly men and women instructing many,
they would not be adding to scripture,
but giving explanation of scripture as associated with the times,
and instruction as the Lord leads.

So Daniel 11:33-35 could be classified as a description of the 'wise men'
Christ also prophesied about, it certainly directly parallels what Christ said.

We have not seen the final two prophets yet,
they will contend with the beast as according to Revelation 11.
If nothing else 'prophets' could refer to those two.

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

God has an array of beings that he uses for his purposes.  The angels serve in many different capacities and are invisible beings, that can manifest into the physical as God uses them in his work.   

Prophets on the other hand are God messengers whom he uses to proclaim his warnings, decrees and other to his servants here on earth.  This is what I at least see in the historical accounts in the bible.   

Anyway thank you for your replies.

You are right. But Mundane Matters need to be separated from Work.

9 hours ago, warrior12 said:

No, that was not why the prophet was killed by a lion in that episode.  The title of the chapter said it plainly.  Maybe, you can post  again why the prophet died.

1 Kings 13:7-9 (NKJV) - 7 Then the king said to the man of God, "Come home with me and refresh yourself, and I will give you a reward." 8 But the man of God said to the king, "If you were to give me half your house, I would not go in with you; nor would I eat bread nor drink water in this place. 9 FOR SO IT WAS COMMANDED ME BY THE WORD OF THE LORD, SAYING, 'YOU SHALL NOT EAT BREAD, NOR DRINK WATER, NOR RETURN BY THE SAME WAY YOU CAME.' "

1 Kings 13:11 (NKJV) - Now an old prophet dwelt in Bethel, and his sons came and told him all the works that the man of God had done that day in Bethel; they also told their father THE WORDS WHICH HE HAD SPOKEN TO THE KING.

The man of God shared too much information. Mixing the mundane with work.

Edited by kenny2212