IGNORED

Could God have forgiven and saved Judas?

JohnD

Guest AFlameOfFire
13 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Says here

1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And we know that in John 12:6 Judas was a thief

But Paul goes onto say

1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Even here Jesus said to them

John 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

Jesus continues about his words "not all"

John 13:11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

Concerning the man who betrays him Jesus says,

Mat 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

I just wanted to add into a Judas thread rather than start a new one

Adding this to the above

1Cr 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1Cr 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1Cr 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Mat 26:21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

Mat 26:22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

Mat 26:23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

1Cr 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1Cr 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

Mat 26:25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I?

He said unto him, Thou hast said.

1Cr 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Mat 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Acts 1:7 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

John 6:20 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Guest AFlameOfFire

Just posting part 3 on Judas, just what I have if it will help anyone

Luke 6:16 Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Judas said,

Mat 26:15 What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you?

And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

Deut 27:25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person.

John 13:11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

Jesus said none of them is lost but one 

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost,

but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Similarly 1 Cr 11:23-26 speaking of the night Jesus was betrayed here Paul adds

1Cr 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Besides Judas being called a traitor

Judas is called "a thief" (John 12:6)

Duet 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

Shown in Judas

Mat 26:15 What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

And then if you follow the psalms concerning Judas here

Psalm 109:7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned:

Mat 27:3 a Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw  that he was condemned repented himself, (divided)

Psalm 109:11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath

Mat 27:3 b and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders

Mat 23:25 ... for within they are full of extortion and excess.

After he brings again the silver he says

Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood.

Duet 27:5 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Back to the Psalm

Psalm 109:12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him

Mat 5:27 And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

Psalm 109:8 a .... Let his days be few.

Mat 27:5 ... Judas went and hanged himself.

Acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate,

Even theirs...

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Psalm 109:8 b  ... and let another take his office.

Acts 1:26 ... and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Psalm 109:5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

And in Proverbs

Proverbs 17:14 Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.

Judas Iscariot = "men of Kerioth"

Amos 2:2 But I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth: and Moab shall die

Confirms in the Psalms regarding the iniquity of his fathers

Psalm 109:14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out. 15 Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

In the above speaks of his fathers (or of those before him) and below speaks of his children (them who come after him) and the desolate places

Psalm 109:9-10 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

This was said of Cain as well (who also shew innocent blood)

Gen 4:14 I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth,

Same here in regards to Isreal, the words caused to "wander" mean the same

Numbers 32:13 And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

Just as Judas sold the Lord (the truth) the children Israel (as well) set the value upon him, making merchandise of him

Mat 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value

Here it speaks of his posterity

Psalm 109:13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

Posterity

1) after part, end
a) end, issue, event
b) latter time (prophetic for future time)
c) posterity
d) last, hindermost

As it pertains to letting their name be blotted out it says 

Psalms 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

The disciples did not know who would betray  Jesus, asking WHO Lord...? And just as Judas (singular) WENT OUT and it was NIGHT (wherein the city there is no night) it speaks elsewhere (using similar wording) THEY (in the plural) WENT OUT from us here

1John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made **manifest** that they were not all of us.

As both the children of God and the children of the devil are **manifest**

Peter also speaks of others making merchandise of you. Judas along with the children of Israel made merchandise of the Lord (who is "the truth"). It says, "buy the truth and sell it not" (could perhaps be shown in a similar a picture of what Judas was doing in selling out "the truth").

They use (as Judas used) "feigned" (insincere) words

2Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

As Judas said, "why this waste it could have been sold and given to the poor" (it is an example of "feigned " or "insincere words) 

John 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

As Peter writes

1Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer

A contrast between these two

Psalm 109:10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

In comparison to

Psalm 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Whereas it could be more rightly said, "ye are of your father the devil"

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Also if you notice it speaks of "bowels" In Psalm 109:18 are mentioned (in relation to cursing) but are also mentioned in Acts 1:18

Psalm 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water,

and like oil into his bones.

And here

Acts 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong,

he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Shows his choosing the way of cursing over blessing and clothing himself in this way. Indicative of choosing the path of  the "cursed is he that "taketh a reward" to slay an innocent person makes sense. And in that respect it says, "let it come into his bowels as water like oil into his bones" and so mentions his bowels  there  but also them gushing out (in Acts 1:18 ). Still looking at this from time to time because I know no prophecy of scripture is its own interpretation but you can catch a little more of how they might fit in the context of Judas.