• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

do you think that a christian should use medical marijuana in any circumstance?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I don't think so.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

17 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

do you think that a christian should medical marijuana in any circumstance?

No. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Ghostdog said:

Absolutely and of course.  If having minor pain and minor nausea, there are plenty of over-the-counter products to buy and use.  My grandmother made homemade cough syrup back  in the day.  Break up a giant peppermint stick and fill up a mason jar with the pieces.  Then pour whisky over the pieces to fill up the jar.  Put the jar in a dark cabinet for two week.  Take it out and you have cough syrup.  My family did not and does not drink, but the homemade cough syrup was made for many years.

But for symptoms to the extreme, I believe with a doctor's advice and under his monitoring care, medical marijuana can be very useful.

There are side effects like everything else, but I don't understand people who will take both OTC cough syrup and prescription cough syrup with alcohol in it and dismiss medical marijuana.

I don't believe in the casual use of it,  but for medical purposes and under a doctor's care - for debilitating pain and nausea, I would give it to anyone.  In a heartbeat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Ghostdog said:

Should a Christian use a gun, a weapon, in any circumstance? Depends upon the circumstances.
Used for the right reason, people are medically prescribed the derivatives of the poppy plant. (heroin)

"The poppy plant, Papaver somniferum, produces opium, a powerful narcotic whose derivatives include morphine, codeine, heroin, and oxycodone. OxyContin is legitimately prescribed for relief of moderate to severe pain resulting from injuries, bursitis, neuralgia, arthritis, and cancer"Morphine is used to relieve severe pain, such as pain caused by a major trauma or surgery, labour pain in childbirth or cancer pain. Morphine should only be used where other forms of pain relief have not been successful in managing pain or are not tolerated.

Quote;
Over the past month, the medical marijuana dispensary has rolled out its veteran impact program, prescribing to around 200 veterans. It's all part of the Texas Compassionate Use Program, which added post-traumatic stress disorder to a list of qualifying conditions in 2021.

My family yrs back actually tried to get me also to use it to 'chill' me out, but I didn't want to go down that road.

Don't know much about 'medical marijuana', but something like this;
"The doses needed for medical purposes are often significantly lower than what is used recreationally.May 28, 2021"

I wouldn't blanket an opinion on med marijuana, and feel sure some are abusing it, to get high legally.
It shouldn't negate those who could benefit using it as perscribed, like the veterans with the high suicide rate.
They've been through hell, kids, and need help.
If it actually helps them and not create some drug dependence I'm all for helping decrease the suicide rate.

“Every day in the United States, 22 veterans succumb to suicide — losing their personal battle to invisible wounds of war.”

Like banning guns because a small percentage abuse the use. My opinion.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Every plant created with benefit for mankind. But Lust and Greed enslave human.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,788
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just so you know, I believe archaeological discoveries help even answer today's questions.   For example, in Israel the debate over pot was taking place ...

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 7.38.21 PM.png

Notice the date ... November 12, 2020.  Just 6 months prior ...

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 7.39.05 PM.png

In the town of Arad, the ONLY ancient High Place from the days of the Kingdom of Judah, we discover why King Hezekiah buried it ... and why it was so well preserved for 1500 years.   For years, archaeologists didn't understand why it remained because all the Hihg Places were destroyed by King Josiah in the Bible.  However, the High Place in Arad was buried ... never touched again ... and we finally discover why King Hezekiah buried it ... it was because they were literally getting HIGH!

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 7.41.22 PM.png

So I believe God preserved it to give us MODERN DAY instruction about this issue ... BURY IT!  :)

Be blessed,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, George said:

Just so you know, I believe archaeological discoveries help even answer today's questions.   For example, in Israel the debate over pot was taking place ...

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 7.38.21 PM.png

Notice the date ... November 12, 2020.  Just 6 months prior ...

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 7.39.05 PM.png

In the town of Arad, the ONLY ancient High Place from the days of the Kingdom of Judah, we discover why King Hezekiah buried it ... and why it was so well preserved for 1500 years.   For years, archaeologists didn't understand why it remained because all the Hihg Places were destroyed by King Josiah in the Bible.  However, the High Place in Arad was buried ... never touched again ... and we finally discover why King Hezekiah buried it ... it was because they were literally getting HIGH!

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 7.41.22 PM.png

So I believe God preserved it to give us MODERN DAY instruction about this issue ... BURY IT!  :)

Be blessed,

George

George "bury it" can have different meanings. One- if one were to bury it then it comes up and they have their on plant so they wont need to buy it. The other if one buries it it is hidden. ?

there are some who look at Matt 12:20 and think it is not frowned upon

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

I used to think all drugs are bad, alcohol is bad, smoking is bad, it's all bad. 

While I don't do any of it, and I take prescription medication, marijuana is specifically only bad for me. There are cases and very high cases of people smoking regular cigarettes with illnesses like mine. This is specifically because of my type of illness. Someone with the opposite symptoms would benefit from medical marijuana may benefit if they have the opposite symptoms, or sometime similar symptoms, but it is used to treat it differently.

Bipolar mania has a lot of similarities to that of someone with ADHD, But the symptoms I think are treated with opposites medications. They would probably never prescribe me specifically this stuff, because of the different way my specific illness needs to be treated, though I am not a Doctor and I can not prescribe medications. This is my limited knowledge of this stuff.

As long as something doesn't go untreated for several years, People understand that it's for medical and it's not recreational, Unfortunately, and especially in this culture, Often times people self medicate for years before they are diagnosed and they were written off as neurotypical for such a long time. If someone receives help, and it helps, then it helps. I won't deny that if it helps.

There are medications that are usually prescribed for these disabilities and they usually aren't marijuana, but it some cases people survive off of it, anyway. Eventually someone might usually end up at a Doctor where they don't usually prescribe this stuff.

I think I was being judged as, 'neurotypical', alongside someone I cared about, But I don't know that for sure.

I know he go labels neurotypical, but I think they were labeling me neurotypical, as well. If he would answer me, I'd ask him. I don't think he'll answer me.

Self medicating and actually getting medicated are two different things, Because there are legal prescription drugs that are pharmaceuticals, and not marijuana that can be prescribed, I think, in pretty much all cases.

Personally, I think marijuana smells, I think cigarettes smell slightly less, and I think alcohol burns your throat going down.

But, as for my prescribed medication, I couldn't live without it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  959
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,686
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all,

As for myself I will  abstain, and do so joyfully for I am blessed to not be in poverty, nor embitterment, plus I have responsibilities that require soundness of mind.  So I read Proverbs 31 and let the various enticements pass by.

The Words of King Lemuel’s Mother

The words of King Lemuel, the utterance which his mother taught him:

What, my son?
And what, son of my womb?
And what, son of my vows?
Do not give your strength to women,
Nor your ways to that which destroys kings.

It is not for kings, O Lemuel,
It is not for kings to drink wine,
Nor for princes intoxicating drink;
Lest they drink and forget the law,
And pervert the justice of all the afflicted.
Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
And wine to those who are bitter of heart.
Let him drink and forget his poverty,
And remember his misery no more.

Open your mouth for the speechless,
In the cause of all who are appointed to die.
Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And plead the cause of the poor and needy.

• Well Said! 1