IGNORED

I read about Loving People over and over but!

backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Is not the word of God the Love of Christ and if so then why do we avoid teaching about Sin, we can Love people all the way to Hell

but if they do not hear the word of God how can anyone be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, backontrack said:

we can Love people all the way to Hell

Sowing seed of kindness along the way to heaven.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,053
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

17 hours ago, backontrack said:

Is not the word of God the Love of Christ and if so then why do we avoid teaching about Sin, we can Love people all the way to Hell

You've got a good point. The process of salvation starts with a dangerous situation. No man who is secure in his position needs a savior. Our Lord Jesus, a Man in the flesh, is limited in what He can reveal. After hundreds of miracles and teaching the highest things, he is left with 120 disciples out of a whole Nation. So He says in John 16;

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

The Holy Spirit is not local, like  man. He can be everywhere and interact with the spirits of men universally. And the scripture above gives His first duty - to convict of sin, and to convict that this sin has consequences. The man upon whom the Holy Spirit works must get a fright. he must come to a point of desperate fear. Our Lord is gentle, meek and mild, but that is not who we need at the moment that our worst fears are realized. We need a narrative of a tough and courageous SUBSTITUTE. The God of the gospel is a JUDGE. The sinner is in dire straights. It is not only the death penalty he faces, but an eternal living death.

And it is at this point that the Christian is needed. His/her job is not to convince of a loving Gd Who will be lenient. His/her job is to represent God as He represents Himself - a perfect and holy God Who will not wink at sin and Who will apply retribution to the fullest extent. God is FIRST righteous and only them merciful. Justice must be satisfied. If you doubt this, just look at what happened to our Lord Jesus. God can, and does forgive, but SOMEBODY MUST PAY. And the Christian is given the duty to tell of a gory solution - Jesus Christ CRUCIFIED!

The love of God is not realized by a cuddle when you have a problem. His love is realized in that He sent His Son to DEATH for YOU! And the second part of the gospel that the Christian must teach with fervor, is that the listener must ADMIT his action that led to his dire straights. This is were Israel failed. They wanted a Messiah to pay their political games and be a better soldier than the Romans. But their problem was not the Romans. Their problems are found in Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy  28 - their sins. And they had to deny this with all their might BECAUSE THE LAW DOES NOT OFFER A SOLUTION. IT DEMANDS DEATH! YOUR DEATH!

So let us not emphasize God's love to sinners first. Let's copy the duty of the Holy Spirit. Let us teach that men are desperately fallen and that gruesome judgment awaits them. Then we can tell of the Savior. Moses' wife tells Moses that he is a "bloody husband". He has failed to circumcise his son. He was almost killed for it. The God that accompanied him in 80 years of training, and Who accompanied him for 40 years of hardship, was still a righteous God - and Moses was careless. He almost delayed Israel's release by another 80 years (if God wanted to prepare another man). We need to point out what love God has - but only in Jesus and what happened to Him.

The unrepentant sinner doesn't care about God's love. His dog loves him. That is enough. The story of Jesus is "foolishness" to him (1st Cor.1:23). What men need is to be "CONVICTED of sin and judgment". Then they need a dutiful Christian who will tell of the solution. And then it needs the Father to reveal Christ (Matt.16:17). Then, when the condemned man realizes that he is reprieved, let is dawn on him what love has been lavished on him.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

20 hours ago, backontrack said:

John 3.16 says 'should not perish' as well as 'but have everlasting life'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, AdHoc said:

What men need is to be "CONVICTED of sin and judgment". Then they need a dutiful Christian who will tell of the solution. And then it needs the Father to reveal Christ (Matt.16:17). Then, when the condemned man realizes that he is reprieved, let is dawn on him what love has been lavished on him.

default_thumbsup.gif.4acccda126bb686c71bea739e63ed015.gif

You have got to get them lost before you can get them saved. (YES, only Jesus can save)

"He that winneth souls is wise"    Proverbs 11:30

Type in  "Ray Comfort" on You-tube, then notice what he starts sharing/preaching, before they hear about the love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

On 6/23/2023 at 11:51 AM, backontrack said:

After six decades and being a born-again Christian for half, I realized why God said love thy neighbor, look at the world around us. None of this crap today would be happening if we focused on that one commandment. I am ashamed of myself for getting caught up in the distractions of tribal warfare. We've allowed the father of lies to run rampant in America for the last 15 years but we too busy fighting. Then Christians virtue signal by not serving gays and protesting issues. Who knows they wouldn't start their own churches if we weren't so unloving. Isn't it kinda unscriptural to say you can love someone to hell? Our arrogance is the problem because we love to dictate to others, at home and abroad. I think we need to suit up and battle with the father of lies. Tell politicians and neighbors: The real Hate speech is lies, half-truths, and innuendos because these have done no one any good! This might be worth protesting over. No telling what kinda bs our grandkids are going to see.

Wars are distracting us thanks to Rep. and both party's Debt! You should check out Youtube and listen to these fund managers and news: Steven Van Metre, David Lin, and Real vision finance... My poor millennials and grandbabies:( Learned, total deception from the government and media about the seriousness of the debt and what future it could bring. The Federal Reserve doesn't know what they are doing! Or do they??? Check out Eurodollar University, makes common sense. Please protect your wealth. Didn't the Lord say to prepare? After all your battling the black horse.

Healthcare cabal. Boomers get off the meds. I am currently reversing type 2 diabetes and my wife's hypertension by watching health videos. It's a lifestyle change I made so I wouldn't become a burden to my kids like my mom was to us. Look up: reversing diabetes/ Alzheimers disease, metabolic syndrome. Then you'll learn about the Food cabal.

• Well Said! 1
  • Interesting! 1

6 minutes ago, Believer112 said:

After six decades and being a born-again Christian for half, I realized why God said love thy neighbor, look at the world around us. None of this crap today would be happening if we focused on that one commandment. I am ashamed of myself for getting caught up in the distractions of tribal warfare. We've allowed the father of lies to run rampant in America for the last 15 years but we too busy fighting. Then Christians virtue signal by not serving gays and protesting issues. Who knows they wouldn't start their own churches if we weren't so unloving. Isn't it kinda unscriptural to say you can love someone to hell? Our arrogance is the problem because we love to dictate to others, at home and abroad. I think we need to suit up and battle with the father of lies. Tell politicians and neighbors: The real Hate speech is lies, half-truths, and innuendos because these have done no one any good! This might be worth protesting over. No telling what kinda bs our grandkids are going to see.

Wars are distracting us thanks to Rep. and both party's Debt! You should check out Youtube and listen to these fund managers and news: Steven Van Metre, David Lin, and Real vision finance... My poor millennials and grandbabies:( Learned, total deception from the government and media about the seriousness of the debt and what future it could bring. The Federal Reserve doesn't know what they are doing! Or do they??? Check out Eurodollar University, makes common sense. Please protect your wealth. Didn't the Lord say to prepare? After all your battling the black horse.

Healthcare cabal. Boomers get off the meds. I am currently reversing type 2 diabetes and my wife's hypertension by watching health videos. It's a lifestyle change I made so I wouldn't become a burden to my kids like my mom was to us. Look up: reversing diabetes/ Alzheimers disease, metabolic syndrome. Then you'll learn about the Food cabal.

James River Church Springfield Mo lots of people getting saved every week, also many healed why? They preach the whole bible and preach about sin. Many churches fear preaching about what sin does and what happens if one does not repent and turn and except Jesus as their personal Savior. I agree we are here to love our neighbor. I disagree with your view on how we got to where we are today.

Sin is what got us here and greed, abortion takes the life of 1,00,000's of Gods children every year since 1976 Row V Wade.

We vote these Godless people in office and allow them to destroy America, take God out of schools, teach kids things they should not be taught destroy their minds as early as 5 years old. Our society has become sin sick unless we tell them in Love to open the door to Gods word many more can understand Heaven and yes HELL. Hell is real and I have a burden for the Gay community as they are lost and God hates this sin refer to Gen 19. Yes we can Love people all the way to Hell if we do not preach the word of God in a Loving way. Most will not hear but then theirs those who will planting seed of life into their minds. Jesus is real and he Loves all people.   

• Interesting! 1

On 6/23/2023 at 6:12 PM, R. Hartono said:

Great response sowing the seeds of life in love, hell is a real place and it breaks my heart watching all the death in the cities people

shooting people waking up in Hell with no escape it is real Hell!

9 hours ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.4acccda126bb686c71bea739e63ed015.gif

You have got to get them lost before you can get them saved. (YES, only Jesus can save)

"He that winneth souls is wise"    Proverbs 11:30

Type in  "Ray Comfort" on You-tube, then notice what he starts sharing/preaching, before they hear about the love.

Yes Ray nails it!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,414
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

This is part of it, and as with most things there's a time to speak on sin and a time not to. There's also a line to walk between informing and condemning.

3 hours ago, Believer112 said:

After six decades and being a born-again Christian for half, I realized why God said love thy neighbor, look at the world around us. None of this crap today would be happening if we focused on that one commandment. I am ashamed of myself for getting caught up in the distractions of tribal warfare.

So much in this post that I really agree with but I think this is the heart of it. God judges, the Holy Spirit convicts. We can say our part with our neighbors if they're living in sin once or twice and more if it becomes relevant, but going further in most cases is probably counterproductive. Then just focus on being decent to them day to day and at least offering to help within reason if they're in need. It's like R. Hartono said, sowing seeds of kindness. When people know we're opposed to something they're doing yet we're kind to them anyway it stands out all the more.

The tribal warfare is a point I found interesting as well. There's taking a stand against something as needed, but how it's done and the degree and frequency with which it's carried out are also important. History, especially Jewish and Christian history, very powerfully demonstrates the ability of persecution to make a group thrive. So far as less spiritual matters go we see another strong example during the Prohibition era in the US. We'd benefit from taking this stuff to heart.

• Thumbs Up 1