warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I came across this term in researching the rise of the claim of apostolic and prophetic ministries with the emphasis on "sign and wonders".  Some who claim to be prophets, say they  see  or have visitation from angels and are given direct revelation from God.   Any insights from the folks here on their views and understanding of the NAR.  

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.31
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.87
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

I came across this term in researching the rise of the claim of apostolic and prophetic ministries with the emphasis on "sign and wonders".  Some who claim to be prophets, say they  see  or have visitation from angels and are given direct revelation from God.   Any insights from the folks here on their views and understanding of the NAR.  

Ecclesiastes 1:

9 That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which it may be said,
“See, this is new”?
It has already been in ancient times before us.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) does promote the revival of the role of apostle and prophets as one of the key offices of the church. The NAR was the brainchild of C. Peter Wagner who began to teach this many years ago. The NAR is not a denomination. It has heavily influenced the Christian prophecy and media world, particularly in North America. You may also come across something called "the seven mountain mandate", coined by Lance Wallnau, also closely related to Wagner, which is an idea the Christians should inhabit and dominate the seven spheres of human endeavour, like politics, religion, science and arts, etc. It is intimately tied to the idea of Christian Dominionism.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

My advice: steer clear of the NAR. :mellow:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.31
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.87
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

11 hours ago, teddyv said:

New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) does promote the revival of the role of apostle and prophets as one of the key offices of the church. The NAR was the brainchild of C. Peter Wagner who began to teach this many years ago. The NAR is not a denomination. It has heavily influenced the Christian prophecy and media world, particularly in North America. You may also come across something called "the seven mountain mandate", coined by Lance Wallnau, also closely related to Wagner, which is an idea the Christians should inhabit and dominate the seven spheres of human endeavour, like politics, religion, science and arts, etc. It is intimately tied to the idea of Christian Dominionism.

Appreciate the links provided. I read his (Wagner's) wiki page

but I do not like quoting from that source.

This caught my eye in the NPR interview.

On finding out that Ted Haggard, his World Prayer Center co-founder,

had used drugs and had sex with men.

His closing comment:

"I mean, if he was exposed for adultery in heterosexuality,

I would have had the same feeling."

I find this statement very difficult to accept. An adulterer falls

to temptation. Can that really be said of someone having drug 

inflamed homosexual sex? Here is my point of reference.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

If according to an apostle of Christ, someone who forbids marriage or commands abstinence is operating under a deceiving spirit and promoting doctrines of demons, how much more, if someone in the role of a top personal advisor to a U.S. President who confessed Christ as a part of his campaign, engages in such behavior? This surely qualifies as "having a conscience seared with a hot iron".

Edited by Mr. M
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.56

These things may be true, visitations from angels and such, but you have to know how to directly test the spirit behind them if you are to trust them.

Satan deceives in many ways, but not by falsely confessing Jesus as the Christ come in the flesh.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

Much of the spirit of the NAR was actively at work on and around the January 6 riot in Washington DC. Che Ahn, another Wagner disciple, was giving a wild speech on the Jan 5, including this line:

[W]e’re going to throw Jezebel out and Jehu’s gonna rise up, and we’re gonna rule and reign through President Trump and under the lordship of Jesus Christ.” from here (and I have heard the recording of this as well).

On Jan 6, there were multiple "spiritual battle" prayer events (another big aspect to NAR theology) around the Capitol including several other prominent prophets and apostles closely aligned with the NAR.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Hello,

for the best information GOOGLE HOLLY PIVEC and listen to her podcasts..

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

Bible says there will be a falling away before Jesus returns.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I'm a bit skeptical. I'm seeing a lot of similarity to the Pentecostal/Charismatic branch of things. I don't have a problem with those denominations. My problems are that someone felt a need to try to establish yet another division within the church and the emphasis on miracles. I completely believe God still does work miracles but I've also seen a lot of theatrics built up around that. The same is true of spiritual warfare. It's real, but from what I've read the NAR seems to place a probably undue emphasis on demons.

• Interesting! 1