• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

FOR  WE  CAN  DO  NOTHING  AGAINST  THE  TRUTH  ---BUT  FOR  THE  TRUTH---

JAMES 3:14  but if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts --- GLORY  NOT  AND  LIE  NOT  AGAINST  THE TRUTH ---

1 john 3:10  ---  IN  THIS  THE  CHILDREN  OF  GOD  ARE  MANIFEST  ---  and the children of the devil ---  

whosoever doeth not righteousness  ---IS  NOT  OF  GOD---  neither he that loveth not his brother

LUKE  8:21  and  HE  answered and said unto them --- MY  mother and  ---  MY  BRETHREN --- are these which hear the word of GOD  ---  AND  DO  IT---

ROMANS 14:17  for the kingdom of  GOD  is not meat and drink but --- but righteousness and peace and joy in the holy spirit ---

EPHESIANS 5:9  for the fruit of the spirit is in all goodness and righteous and truth

PROVERBS 12:17  HE  THAT  SPEAKETH  TRUTH  SHOWETH  FORTH  RIGHTEOUSNESS  BUT  ---A  FALSE  WITNESS  DECEIT---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.46
  • Days Won:  1

We can place our lives under the control of sin, or we can place our lives under the control of Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

It's our own choice, God made us with the ability to choose for ourselves what we will follow.

But keep in mind that just saying "Lord, Lord" during your life isn't going to go very far come judgment day (Ref: Matthew 7:21-23).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

6 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

One of the most controversial topics I have found in my internet travels is the topic of being “made free from sin” by the Son of God.  I believe the reason it is so controversial is because it is personal.  It causes one to examine themselves, and this can make people feel uncomfortable because they are still living in sin.  And so they from the position of being a sinner try to defend their position, as they also try to cast doubt on God’s words and Christ’s ability to actually “make you free from sin” by having faith in Jesus Christ.

Many have been taught that you will always sin, so sin we will, and sin we must.  But this is coming from the position of “doubt” because it “doubts” the words of Jesus Christ that the Son can make you free from sin.  And it also “doubts” the words of the apostles that says those who are born of God’s Spirit will no longer live in sin.  This position of “doubt” also rejects the testimony of Paul who also says you can be “made free from sin.”

I have heard many say, well I still sin and I don't know anybody who does not sin.  So basically what they are saying is, God’s words can't be true based on what they see in themselves and in others'own sinful condition.  This of course is not a good practice to judge God’s words to be in error just because of what one sees in others, and also in themselves.  This is not “faith” in what God’s Word says is true, this is called “doubt.”  So how can one be made whole if they “doubt” the words of Jesus Christ?  And is faith believing in what you see?

Oftentimes when Jesus was about to heal someone he would ask, “do you believe?”  And after Jesus saw their faith, he would say “your faith has made you whole”.  So how can anyone ever be made free from sin if they “doubt” the words of the Son of God, who said He can make you free?  Anyone who “doubts” the words of Jesus Christ does not really have faith in Jesus Christ do they?

Many say they believe in the many miracles Jesus performed, they say they believed he raised the dead, they say they believe he healed all manner of disease and infirmities.  They say they believe Jesus cast out devils, and Jesus turned the water into wine, and they say they believe Jesus walked on water, and that Jesus himself was raised from the dead.  But when it comes to believing that Jesus Christ can actually make you free from sin as Jesus said, then enters doubt and they don't believe. 

Do you actually believe the God who made the heavens and the earth, and everything therein cannot make you free from sin?  Has God’s power diminished over time, or is it rather that man’s faith in the healing power of God has been diminished over time?  I believe it is man’s faith in God that has been diminished.

You and I cannot make ourselves a new man in Christ, but God can.  You and I cannot make ourselves free from the bondage of sin, but the Son of God can, and will, if you will only BELIEVE!

Jesus was once asked, who then can be saved?  Jesus replied, with men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.  So don’t look at yourself and others and say this is not possible.  But look to God and Jesus Christ, who can make all things possible.

Jesus asked the question, will the Son of man find faith when he returns?  So don’t doubt the power of God in Jesus Christ, but have faith!

I don't believe the Lord will put in a box.  If nothing is impossible for God then He would also be able to have compassion for the weak who struggle with the flesh. Only the Lord knows the heart and soul of a man. Therefore the Lord is a perfect judge.

1John 1: 8-9 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.30
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.79
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I don't believe the Lord will put in a box.

Isn't that what you are doing by trying to define the Father's attitude

toward sin based solely upon compassion? God's attitude toward sin

must be understood in terms of His Holiness. His love for man and His

hatred of sin are on display in equal measure by sending His Son to die for us.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,

God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

As I understand things, Christ has set us free from the bonds of sin because of His work on the cross. However sin is still all around us in this fallen world, and we still have a vessel of flesh which seems to be very attracted to sin indeed. It's like the worst curse or spell ever cast. It tempts and ensnares and binds. And our flesh doesn't even care that the inner spiritual man, the living soul, is afflicted by sin. If we had zero self-control or zero free will, we would be deranged and depraved beyond any same belief.

Praise God, that He has given humans free will to temper sin with sanity, which is why the enemy actually has to convince us and tempt us into it via the flesh.

Praise God that now as Christians we have a relationship with Him, we can ask Him ANYTHING in His Name and He will answer us. Grace is available! Strength is available! And if we think to ask to be hidden in Him, He is more than willing to oblige!!!

And the times we do give into the flesh and, which should become fewer the more steady our relationship with the Lord, we can and must repent.

Philipians 1:6 tells us the good work Christ began in us He will complete. It's a process.

Philipians 2:12 tells us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

We have our part to play. Not only do we need contribute faith, but also willingness to obey, which if we have accepted Christ's sacrificial work, and His Lordship in our lives, should be the next natural (or spiritual) step.

God doesn't want robots He needs to push buttons on so He can get the required result, He wants us to be in relationship with Him out of our own free will. And like all relationships, this one takes work - or else it wouldn't be worth it. Let's work in grace and truth and peace, especially in these times. The devil is working on overtime trying to accomplish his plans.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Yes, God's word does say Jesus makes a person free from sin.

And there are people who say, "But I still sin; so this can't mean that Jesus stops all our sinning."

Well, our failure does not decide what God is able to do. Plus, our failure does not decide what God's word has to mean!

"I crashed my car when I reached thirty miles an hour; so this proves my car can not move as fast as sixty miles per hour. So, the manual is wrong or it just doesn't mean what people say it says."

Well, the driver was blind and did not trust the steering wheel and pedals to the control of the one who was supposed to drive the car while the blind person simply rested and rode in the passenger seat.

Jesus knows what to do with us. Jesus knows what His word means, better than we can choose and try to do and then either boast we did what He says to do, or fail and then claim His word must not mean what we tried to do.

Well, He does not mean what we can try to get our own selves to do. And if what we do does not work, this can be because what we are trying is not what works, and is not what God means.

But if God's word says He makes His children free from sin, this means what God knows He means. And I would say, that God is so better than we are, and therefore He knows better than what we can know He means . . . and does with us, for us to discover :)

So, we need to always trust Him to do all He pleases with us, not limit ourselves to what we now can understand "freed from sin" to mean.

And sins include arguing and complaining and unforgiveness, by the way. These are anti-love things which can spoil our relating with God and people. And God's word guarantees that if we do everything "without complaining and disputing", we can "become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" > in Philippians 2:13-16. This means what God knows He is able to do with us . . . through "faith working through love" (in Galatians 5:6).

So, yes faith, and this "through love" > this all has to do with not only stopping some list of sins that we can think of, but this has to do with how we become in God's love.

Edited by com7fy8

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

7 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Isn't that what you are doing by trying to define the Father's attitude

toward sin based solely upon compassion? God's attitude toward sin

must be understood in terms of His Holiness. His love for man and His

hatred of sin are on display in equal measure by sending His Son to die for us.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,

God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

Not at all.  Shall we forgive our brother 7 times? No but 70 times 7. I believe This is not really held to 70 times 7 but even far more. However this is out of the box.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,814
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

17 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

One of the most controversial topics I have found in my internet travels is the topic of being “made free from sin” by the Son of God.  I believe the reason it is so controversial is because it is personal.  It causes one to examine themselves, and this can make people feel uncomfortable because they are still living in sin.  And so they from the position of being a sinner try to defend their position, as they also try to cast doubt on God’s words and Christ’s ability to actually “make you free from sin” by having faith in Jesus Christ.

Many have been taught that you will always sin, so sin we will, and sin we must.  But this is coming from the position of “doubt” because it “doubts” the words of Jesus Christ that the Son can make you free from sin.  And it also “doubts” the words of the apostles that says those who are born of God’s Spirit will no longer live in sin.  This position of “doubt” also rejects the testimony of Paul who also says you can be “made free from sin.”

I have heard many say, well I still sin and I don't know anybody who does not sin.  So basically what they are saying is, God’s words can't be true based on what they see in themselves and in others'own sinful condition.  This of course is not a good practice to judge God’s words to be in error just because of what one sees in others, and also in themselves.  This is not “faith” in what God’s Word says is true, this is called “doubt.”  So how can one be made whole if they “doubt” the words of Jesus Christ?  And is faith believing in what you see?

Oftentimes when Jesus was about to heal someone he would ask, “do you believe?”  And after Jesus saw their faith, he would say “your faith has made you whole”.  So how can anyone ever be made free from sin if they “doubt” the words of the Son of God, who said He can make you free?  Anyone who “doubts” the words of Jesus Christ does not really have faith in Jesus Christ do they?

Many say they believe in the many miracles Jesus performed, they say they believed he raised the dead, they say they believe he healed all manner of disease and infirmities.  They say they believe Jesus cast out devils, and Jesus turned the water into wine, and they say they believe Jesus walked on water, and that Jesus himself was raised from the dead.  But when it comes to believing that Jesus Christ can actually make you free from sin as Jesus said, then enters doubt and they don't believe. 

Do you actually believe the God who made the heavens and the earth, and everything therein cannot make you free from sin?  Has God’s power diminished over time, or is it rather that man’s faith in the healing power of God has been diminished over time?  I believe it is man’s faith in God that has been diminished.

You and I cannot make ourselves a new man in Christ, but God can.  You and I cannot make ourselves free from the bondage of sin, but the Son of God can, and will, if you will only BELIEVE!

Jesus was once asked, who then can be saved?  Jesus replied, with men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.  So don’t look at yourself and others and say this is not possible.  But look to God and Jesus Christ, who can make all things possible.

Jesus asked the question, will the Son of man find faith when he returns?  So don’t doubt the power of God in Jesus Christ, but have faith!

Good day Stewardofthemystery.

Surely the Lord can make us free from sin. You have to truly want to be free from sin, however. The reason so many are not free from sin is their love for this world and the things in it, which keep them from wanting to become free from these passions. They therefore do not "believe" in liberty from the things of this world.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.32
  • Content Count:  983
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, luigi said:

The reason so many are not free from sin is their love for this world and the things in it, which keep them from wanting to become free from these passions. They therefore do not "believe" in liberty from the things of this world.

And that is what Jesus said was the condemnation…

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.32
  • Content Count:  983
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Mr. M said:

And if one is still “in the flesh” then one is still under that “condemnation” of sin.

This is why we need to be born again of the Spirit….

But ye are not “in the flesh,”but “in the Spirit,” if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

There is therefore now “no condemnation” to them which are “in Christ”Jesus, who walk not after “the flesh,” but after “the Spirit.”

• Thumbs Up 3