IGNORED

Preaching the Gospel of Jesus, thy kingdom come.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger? Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth? Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection? Well, all of these things are a part of the gospel, but the good news that Jesus preached is much more "... Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14). This is the gospel of Jesus. Nowadays many fail to preach the gospel of God's kingdom. Why? The bible teaches that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Jesus said that many would come preaching in his name and yet deceive many (Matthews 24:5). This is why pastors everywhere claim to be fulfilling the great commission (spreading the gospel all over the world), but never mention the coming of God's kingdom. Therefore, many people are deceived and have not heard the gospel of Jesus. Instead they hear and believe another gospel, which teaches that they are going to heaven. This is not the gospel of Jesus! 

All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth. This message is supposed to be good news to us, especially considering the condition of the world. We should be glad to know that God is going to straighten out the trouble and confusion that's presently in the world. Jesus even told us to pray for the fulfillment of his gospel, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). Jesus also warned us to repent (turn from our sins) and be prepared for the coming of his kingdom. If we truly believe the gospel, then we will obey God's commandments. "...The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9). 

However, Jesus said theBlessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5). Now why in the world would the meek want to inherit the earth if God is supposed to take us to heaven? Maybe the meek are not so blessed after all?! Yes, the meek are blessed because 

they will be on the earth, in God's kingdom. "...but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth" (Proverbs 10:30). Therefore, repent and believe the gospel (Mark 1:15). Jesus never promised to take us to heaven. As a matter of fact Jesus said that no man went up to heaven except he (speaking of himself) that came down from heaven (St. John 3:13). Jesus promised us we would dwell with him on the earth. That's right, Jesus is returning to establish the kingdom of God. If we have faith and obey him, we will rule with him on the earth, "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests; and we shall reign on the earth" (Revelation 5:10).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

And the Good News of Jesus is that he was chosen by his God and Father to be King of that Kingdom!

Dan2:44- And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: 
and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

Dan 7:13- I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, 
and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14- And there was given him dominion, and glory, 
and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, 
which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some believe that Jesus will never actually come back to the earth, but will rule over the earth from heaven. However, the gospel teaches that Jesus will sit on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. Even before he was born the angel Gabriel informed his mother, Mary of the fact, "...and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:32-33). King Israel, 

David never ruled in heaven, but he sat on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. According to the gospel, Jesus will do the same and he told us this very plainly saying, "Jerusalem...is the city of the great king" (Matthew 5:35). Now, if we intend to dwell with Jesus then where will we be? Sitting with him on his throne in Jerusalem. " To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" (Revelation 3:21). 

Notice that Jesus didn't promise us we would sit with him on his Father's throne in heaven, but he promised us we would sit with him on his own throne on the earth. Of course we must overcome by keeping his commandments until the end. Jesus is called a king throughout the bible, but people don't seem to take this fact literally. 

Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

So we see Jesus kingdom is not yet, but let’s see what else was said to Jesus, by Pilate.

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Jesus said that he was born into the world to be a king (St. John 18:35,36,37). Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. After he was born and just a baby, the wise men came looking for him "...(Matthew 2:1). 

When he died for our sins, this was even the title written on his cross, "...JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS." Nevertheless, all kings must have a place to rule from, just as the emperors ruled from Rome and president’s rule from Washington, D. C. Well, Jesus is the great king and Jerusalem is the city that he will rule from. 

After returning to the earth, Jesus will take over and rule all other ruler ships. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languagesshould serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. (Daniel 7:13-14). And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.(Revelation 11:15).

That's why he is not only called a king, but called KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. "And the kingdom and dominion and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most high, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. AND ALL DOMINIONS SHALL SERVE AND OBEY HIM" (Daniel 7:27). 

I guess the meek will inherit the earth, since the kingdom is under the whole heaven and not up in heaven. As we have seen the kingdom of Jesus will last forever. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beastneither his imageneither had received his mark upon their foreheadsor in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finishedThis is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6). 

After ruling for a thousand years with his saints, Jesus will then have judgment day. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. 

(Revelation 20: 11-15) Read the whole chapter! All who are found worthy will enter into his kingdom and the rest will enter the lake of fire. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 8/9/2023 at 7:45 AM, Bro.Tan said:

What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger? Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth? Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection? Well, all of these things are a part of the gospel, but the good news that Jesus preached is much more "... Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14). This is the gospel of Jesus. Nowadays many fail to preach the gospel of God's kingdom. Why? The bible teaches that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Jesus said that many would come preaching in his name and yet deceive many (Matthews 24:5). This is why pastors everywhere claim to be fulfilling the great commission (spreading the gospel all over the world), but never mention the coming of God's kingdom. Therefore, many people are deceived and have not heard the gospel of Jesus. Instead they hear and believe another gospel, which teaches that they are going to heaven. This is not the gospel of Jesus! 

All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth. This message is supposed to be good news to us, especially considering the condition of the world. We should be glad to know that God is going to straighten out the trouble and confusion that's presently in the world. Jesus even told us to pray for the fulfillment of his gospel, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). Jesus also warned us to repent (turn from our sins) and be prepared for the coming of his kingdom. If we truly believe the gospel, then we will obey God's commandments. "...The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9). 

However, Jesus said theBlessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5). Now why in the world would the meek want to inherit the earth if God is supposed to take us to heaven? Maybe the meek are not so blessed after all?! Yes, the meek are blessed because 

they will be on the earth, in God's kingdom. "...but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth" (Proverbs 10:30). Therefore, repent and believe the gospel (Mark 1:15). Jesus never promised to take us to heaven. As a matter of fact Jesus said that no man went up to heaven except he (speaking of himself) that came down from heaven (St. John 3:13). Jesus promised us we would dwell with him on the earth. That's right, Jesus is returning to establish the kingdom of God. If we have faith and obey him, we will rule with him on the earth, "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests; and we shall reign on the earth" (Revelation 5:10).

Ah ok I see and understand.. your a bit confused and some could say the same thing about you "a different gospel". Christ already rose. You do understand when Christ walked this earth He was living by the law 613 of them right and those He talked to were not Christians. The lords Prayer under the law now search the NT and how they prayed :) You say Jesus never promised to take us to heaven. A lie. Did He not say I go to prepare a place for you "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and I will take you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.". Sorry where is Christ? Right hand of the Father.. He went back to His fathers house to make us a place so WHERE He is we will be. It is not written where we are He will be and He cannot lie. Is it not written for us that believe to be absent of the body is to be present with the lord "But we are confident, and have a good will to be absent rather from the body, and to be present with the Lord". The thief on the cross "today you will be with ME in paradise." That's not on earth.  

So the gospel is being preached all around the world.. sinners are repenting coming to Christ with miracles and healing as He said these signs shall follow them that believe. Seems some say they believe yet they do not.. saved yes. Satan cannot speak truth so he will not can not be out there saying Yeshua/Jesus Christ came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin was buried rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father...so repent..come to Him for He loves you so much. He came to give you life! The good NEWS IS Christ coming dying on the cross for the worlds sin. You seem to be stuck on what happen before He went to the Cross. Again Satan can not tell people to come to Jesus repent of your sins.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Keep in mind that the kingdom on earth is only for a thousand years.   We are told that the earth and everything in it will be burned up.  A fire so hot it will melt the elements.

There will be a new heaven and a new earth and the new City of Jerusalem can not possibly exist with the physics that we now have controlling the solar system.   A 1,500 high mile city just isn't possible with today's physics.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,061
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

On 8/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, Bro.Tan said:

It's always refreshing to hear this. There is a minority group on this Forum who agree with you. In Genesis 1:26-28 the immutable council of God is stated. There is no record that He has changed His mind, and there is no creature which can divert Him from His course.

It might be a point of debate, which you have alluded to in your opening sentences, to see how many gospels there are. The word appears over a hundred times in the Greek and means "good message". The Kingdom was the main gospel, but is hardly taught in Christian Assemblies to day - for the very reason you gave. Christians are mystified by the gospel of the Kingdom seeing as they believe that they are going to heaven. So, for them, all this talk of our Lord about the Kingdom is confusing. They have ignored the grammar which says that it is the Kingdom (out) "OF" Heaven - not the Kingdom "IN" Heaven.

Don't be surprised if you meet opposition about this matter. Although they do not have one verse to show heaven as the destination of man, they cherish their supposed goal.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,061
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

16 hours ago, other one said:

Keep in mind that the kingdom on earth is only for a thousand years.   We are told that the earth and everything in it will be burned up.  A fire so hot it will melt the elements.

There will be a new heaven and a new earth and the new City of Jerusalem can not possibly exist with the physics that we now have controlling the solar system.   A 1,500 high mile city just isn't possible with today's physics.

When John Baptist declared Jesus to be "Lamb of God" we would not for a moment think that Jesus had become a Lamb. WE would immediately think of an analogy and aim our thoughts back to that fateful night in Egypt. So also New Jerusalem. We would list the the attributes of New Jerusalem and know for sure that it is a picture. If it is, at the same time, a city, a woman, a wife and a Tabernacle, with the walls so high, and so wide, balanced on twelve precious stones that could be covered by a yard (ca. 1 meter), we would create an absurdity if we took the literal approach. Is it not reasonable to examine New Jerusalem and say that it is analogy? And this, especially since its many attributes can be found, one by one, in past scriptures. Is it not a grand picture of God's original plan brought to completion?

In Eden we have gold, bdellium and precious stones. In 1st Corinthians 3 we have the material for building God's House, gold silver and precious stones. The bdellium, a pearl from the sap of a tree is replaced by silver, the price of Christ's death because sin had come in. And, in New Jerusalem the building is complete but pearl is used because the sin nature exists no more after all men are resurrected. Are they not very economic scriptures that show God's House completed and fitted for the ages to come?

Turning to the New Earth we find scriptures that it is purged by fire, but some give a detail often missed. The surface that was the  ground for the sinful rebellion of mankind is the only part purged "like a garment" (Ps.102:26, Heb.1:11). Added to that we find that the Greek for "New" means "renewed" or "made pristine". And then to allow no doubt where it all happens we have the Nations present. Not only does scripture have new Jerusalem come down FROM heaven, but it has it placed so that the Nations may visit through its Gates. New Jerusalem is on the New Earth.

The Kingdom that prevailed on the old earth, with the nations still in the flesh, now prevails on the RENEWED earth with men freed from corruption in resurrection. Rule of the RENEWED earth is by men of the heavenly calling and birth, and the City, the corporate expression of Christ and God rules (Rev.22:5). A MOST GLORIOUS CONSUMMATION OF GENESIS 1:26-28 - IMAGE AND DOMINION OF THIS EARTH!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 Peter 3:10

King James Version

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2023 at 3:30 PM, other one said:

The element being burned up is going to happen before the 1000 yrs period. Let's go into Rev 6: 12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This time is during the end of the great tribulation when Jesus is about to make his second coming. Let's look at this again in Matthew 24: 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

short version.......So after the war, when man try to fight God with his saints and angels. The earth will be repair and order will be restored. Then come the 1000 yrs period.