IGNORED

Why does the bible says to bury our dead and about cremation ?

grumix8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible does not clearly define about cremation as a means to dispose of the dead. However, there is no scriptural prohibition of cremation in the New Testament. The Bible neither favors nor forbids the process of cremation.

1 Corinthians 15:35-55
“It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.”

However, there are Christian practices and heathen practices and in our day because of a lack of knowledge, some in the church have adopted heathen practices in numerous areas, besides just the practice of cremation. We can clearly see in the Bible the tradition of the Israelites, God’s chosen people, was to always bury their dead and never to burn dead bodies, as the heathen round about them did.  This is demonstrated in the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament.  Jesus, Himself, was buried in a tomb.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Reads like a page out of an old time pre need cemetery property salesman's presentation binder.

And don't just bury in the ground, entomb just like Jesus was entombed.

Yeah sure. In an above ground marble faced mausoleum with  bronze inscription plates and a vase, or do you want two flower vases for an additional cost?

You say you want to just lease? Lease a catacomb crib for a year then come back  at lease end, wash the bones of your loved one clean and then take the bones with you to put into a little ossuary  ( crock pot )?

Ah ah well we don't generally do that one...

However in real life I was handed a grocery bag of just such bones, brought into the USA  from Japan. Gads was I ever surprised, thinking it was going to  be a container of cremated remains, when at my desk I opened up the grocery bag hoping to find some documentation inside that   I could use at the health department  for securing a burial permit;  but nooo... Surprise!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

My family donates our bodies to Science care.   When someone dies, you give them a call, they come get the remains and a couple weeks later they send you their 'dust/remains'.  And it's free.  So far, no ones death has cost a dime.  

'SEEMS so cold' or so I've been told, but since I believe we are not to fear the death of the body and it goes back to where it came from, I don't.  

But, 1 Corinth 15 in the GREEK reads way different than what is posted here.  The ONLY part of this current body that goes forth to the spiritual body is a GRAIN...most likely the DNA ribbon, since we know we look the same in our spiritual bodies as we do in these ones.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

When I die I just want my body disposed of in the most convenient and least costly manner available.

It isn't me, it's just the place I used to live.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Meh just toss my body into a hole somewhere. I won't be needing it anymore.

Assuming of course there's enough left to bury...they way I'm going im likely to go out with a bang lol

• This is Worthy 1

9 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

since we know we look the same in our spiritual bodies as we do in these ones.  

We do? Oh no!

Inquiring minds ask: Hey, did you save and pre bury that amputated limb? Be a shame to go through eternity without it, eh?

Do I get all my baby teeth back?

Added p.s.Speaking  of backs, do I  get to have one just like this one? If so, wow bummer! I'll need one of those "help, I've fallen and can't get up" buttons.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

We do? Oh no!

I hope not.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, Neighbor said:

Inquiring minds ask: Hey, did you save and pre bury that amputated limb? Be a shame to go through eternity without it, eh?

Do I get all my baby teeth back?

Speaking  of backs, do I  get to have one just like this one? If so, wow bummer!

Being 76 with this old body doesn't sound good. I should have died when I was 18.

BTW we have planned and prepaid our funerals and cremation. Removes the strain from our kids.

22 minutes ago, other one said:

BTW we have planned and prepaid our funerals and cremation. Removes the strain from our kids.

Good move! BTW did you opt for the raptured out clause refund? Who would you have   designated to be  recipient of those funds?

Seriously funerals do serve a proper purpose, that of facing and then handling grief primarily. However I have been to so many funerals, arranged literally a few thousand of them and  attended so many too that I in my latter years have decided nope no more, I don't do that anymore.

I will not have a funeral for myself either, for I don't even want to be there for that one, just let my cremated human remains  be "Crossing the Bar":

Crossing the Bar 

BY ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON

Sunset and evening star,

And one clear call for me!

And may there be no moaning of the bar,

When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,

Too full for sound and foam,

When that which drew from out the boundless deep

Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,

And after that the dark!