• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

10 hours ago, Keras said:

Jesus 'replaced' the Jews with the nation that bears the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43 The Christian peoples. 

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The Kingdom of God was taken from the Jews, but God's promise to the land was not. These are two separate things. As Stan Murff correctly pointed out,

Rom. 11:28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,688
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

1 hour ago, Stan Murff said:

OK, so you believe God lied to Abraham since in your view He has forsaken His promise to Abraham to bless his descendants?

Read and understand the Gospel Message. Galatians 3:26-29  WE Christians are the descendants of Abraham, Spiritually or by descent from the ten Northern tribes. 

1 hour ago, Stan Murff said:

God did not actually replace the Jews with the Christians as these are 2 different people groups

Right, we Christians are the true people of God, by our faith. Just as Ruth was. 

Many Prophesies tell of the virtual demise of the House of Judah. Only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,688
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

7 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The Kingdom of God was taken from the Jews, but God's promise to the land was not. These are two separate things. As Stan Murff correctly pointed out,

Rom. 11:28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Yes, the holy Land will receive its rightful people, soon after the Lord clears and cleanses the entire Middle East. Deuteronomy 32:34=43

The Lord comes in clouds, every eye sees him, the dead are raised, the elect ascend, the Jews are converted, the heathen wail, the Wrath begins.  Quote William

This quote is unbiblical and will never happen. Just the glorious Return, as Rev 19:11-21 describes. 

The ONLY dead raised, will be the GT martyrs; Revelation 20:4

The Jews do not 'convert', Only a Messianic remnant will rejoin their Christian brethren. 

Gods wrath is over before the return, Revelation 15:1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

4 minutes ago, Keras said:

Yes, the holy Land will receive its rightful people, soon after the Lord clears and cleanses the entire Middle East. Deuteronomy 32:34=43

Deut. 32:43 ...For He will avenge the blood of His servants,
And render vengeance to His adversaries;
He will provide atonement for His land and His people.

Romans 11:25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. ...
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.56

1 hour ago, Keras said:

WE Christians are the descendants of Abraham, Spiritually

Yes, spiritually... this does not mean the Jews are not still God's chosen people according to the flesh or that He has given up on them or disowned them

We see in Revelation where the Lord gives jezabel time to repent... He's doing the same with the Jews

1 hour ago, Keras said:

Only a remnant will survive.

And only a remnant of those who got born again will survive as many fall away in the end times and we know once saved always saved is false doctrine.

There are many parallels of NT believers falling away just like the Jews fell away.

Edited by Stan Murff
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.56

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Deut. 32:43 ...For He will avenge the blood of His servants,
And render vengeance to His adversaries;
He will provide atonement for His land and His people.

Romans 11:25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. ...
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

There's al;so a verse in Hebrews saying us saved gentiles should not be high minded and boost against the Jews because we can be cut off.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 9/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I've always found it fascinating that the great Sir Isaac Newton ( some consider him the smartest human ever to live ) was an avid student of Bible prophesy and actually predicted the return of Christ in the year 2060. That would be 112 years after the restoration of the state of Israel and the very longest that people can live with modern science. 

he didn't just predict it would be 2060, Newton died in 1727, so over 100 years before the events he predicted.  when he was asked what year he thought Israel would be restored he said 1944.  he calculated this the same way he predicted 2060

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

14 hours ago, Strict Machine said:

he didn't just predict it would be 2060, Newton died in 1727, so over 100 years before the events he predicted.  when he was asked what year he thought Israel would be restored he said 1944.  he calculated this the same way he predicted 2060

Well considering how much of a genius he was and how he was only off by 4 years on a prediction that he made over a century earlier, I definitely say he had some kind of divine knowledge that we don't have now. Is it possible he was almost like a type of profitable to accurately predict things? I think it's safe to say, that even if Newton isn't 100% on the exact year, we could probably safely guess that Christ's return will be sometime between 2050 and 2070.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 10/17/2023 at 4:16 PM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Well considering how much of a genius he was and how he was only off by 4 years on a prediction that he made over a century earlier, I definitely say he had some kind of divine knowledge that we don't have now. Is it possible he was almost like a type of profitable to accurately predict things? I think it's safe to say, that even if Newton isn't 100% on the exact year, we could probably safely guess that Christ's return will be sometime between 2050 and 2070.

in the letter where Newton said Israel would be restored in 1944, he also said Jesus' return would be between 2032 and 2060, so i would say its 2060 at the latest.  Again, how he calculated this at the beginning of the 18th century is amazing.  Scientists are now predicting the Euphrates will dry up completely before 2040, so again i think this proves Newton was right.  2036 is a Shemita year, and if the Euphrates is dry by then i think it will be a lot sooner than 2060, not much else needs to happen to fulfill all the events of Revelation.  i have read Newton's book Daniel and the Revelation many times and i really liked his explanation of the events of Revelation

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

Is it near?

In my opinion the currant situation in Israel is going to get bad enough that they will likely use tactical nukes, thereby triggering the "world community" to intervene.

They will create a new state of Palestine in the west bank and..."secure" the borders between the two nations using so called "peacekeepers." This will include Jerusalem as well even if it isn't the first place they put them.

This will be the time when Jerusalem is trodden under the feet of the Gentiles for 42  months.

I expect this to be preceded (5 months?) by the arrival of the two witnesses. I also expect this to be approx. the Feast of Trumpets. We shall see.

[underlined sentence was meant to say the arrival of the two witnesses will be at that time and they precede the man of sin]

Also, as I see it, the two witnesses ARE the two wings of a great eagle in Rev. 12. This fantastic miracle by them will move the Israelites from "behind enemy lines" in the west bank. Transported, en masse as Philip was , to a place prepared (Negev?)

When the witnesses arrive days can be counted until they are martyred. THAT is when to expect the cataclysms of Revelation.

Edited by Uriah
Clarification