• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, It is not a condemnation, not at all. No human has the power to condemn another, nor to save them for that matter; however it is quite possible to know the doctrines of a cult that presents another Jesus. 

To be in a position of having far less knowledge of Jesus than demons do when facing them in their ministry of distraction is a serious deficiency, one not to be dismissed as being a so what issue long as one wants to know the real Jesus that should do, and all is then good.

To fall into the LDS snare is a terrible plight to be in. One to pray over, praying for those ensnared  by it's deceptions.

It is more than a serious deficiency,it's another Gospel

Having said that,just like @other one I am not disagreeing with you about the doctrine of LDS but I was commenting on your reply to @TheBlade as he said " like it or not there are people within these " cults" that are Saved" ..... not sure he said"cults" but he was referencing the many churches thst teach false doctrines ....Your reply to him "Bluntly NO-that no one in them  can be Saved" is a condemnation of every individual under their roof imo and that's what I disagree with..... if not a condemnation then a very broad judgement to say the least

I grew up taught not to pray to Jesus by the nuns  but to pray to His mother( surely a cult ).... talk about another Gospel !,But even at age 5 I Knew Jesus.... my Lord and Savior and wouldn't pray to mary

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,640
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

....Your reply to him "Bluntly NO-that no one in them  can be Saved" is a condemnation of every individual under their roof imo and that's what I disagree with.....

However that is not what I wrote, not at all.

I wrote none are Christian. ..." Hi, Bluntly No! None are Christian for they all bow to another Jesus. " 

I have hope that all individuals may be saved though comparatively perhaps few are. And that all are saved from the just wrath of God, by His mercy alone, His grace alone via Jesus, and not by the will of any person nor by any system of works religion.

I further testify that I was turned about from  my utter rejection of God's existence to worship of Jesus by the Holy Spirit though I didn't want it, didn't desire it, and had no inclination to be seeking it. Didn't seem to matter to God, He had me turned near inside out in order to keep His promise to answer the prayers  of those that asked rightly of Him by prayer for my salvation,- rightly without seeking personal gain,- as did my grandparents for me for years and perhaps decades.

It did take decades for God to bring me by the nose so to speak to my own humbling submission and recognition that Yeshua is Lord, God, and my savior.

So yes of course  I know  that a Latter Day Saint member (or visitor)  may  be turned about by God! Those that are LDS however are not yet turned about. If one that is of that cult ever will be is a totally separate subject.

No it is not a branch, nor a denomination, of Christianity. It, it's leadership  considers Christians to be gentiles, unsaved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Well told you lets not get silly here and some did. A question no one can answer.. how does one get judged when they never heard Jesus Christ came in the flesh? A Jewish man old lived in NY and the year was 2000 and he had never once heard of Yeshua that came and died for the worlds sin until that day Christ found Him.

If you were blind you would have no sin you say you see your sin remains. So many on this planet are blind. Now some of you need to be careful how you speak. He will hold you accountable. So lets speak with a tad of righteousness..  See to say what some said that is now written in heaven you know those that live around you and you know the Churches they go to "all are not Christians" and have done what about it? Do you really care about them? Are they really lost forever? Yet you do what? Prayed a few times just not hours and hours for weeks months even years with so many tears since you KNOW they are all lost. 

I have only been blessed to see one heart and I can never look at another person the same way for the heart was nothing at all like the person I was witnessing act and talk. I am a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. All that can be will be shaken.. a man in a 3rd world country takes his fruit and goes to town to sell it all. At first no one would buy anything yet just before he leaves one person bought it all. The man goes home to worship give thanks to a false God yet it was the GREAT I AM in all His mercy helped that man sell his goods. Then what are the odds the song playing  "How can you not see God in every little thing.

He does not hear the sinner, unrighteous the wicked yet we do not know just how far how deep His grace His mercy goes. So many are in for a shock when they find out just what the Father does every moment of ever day for a world that hates Him yet He loves this world. While it hated Him He died.. Some say when Christ died ALL of Gods wrath was poured on Christ so there is no more wrath for the believer. I like that. 

I know so many Indians (family Nez Perce) that never heard of Jesus Christ...all LOST are were they? Oh some tribes in America were very evil others loved the land loved did everything for the great Spirit. Some LDS Catholics.. its all they know..all they were ever told. Like a little boy in India saw something like the MTN and flowers and said out of all gods (thousands) India believe in he wanted the GOD that made all that. Its it was the GREAT I AM.. the little boy was saved. 

So yes LDS over all is a different gospel no one is debated that or Catholics. But so many with in know Jesus Christ as lord. So kindly wash my feet and bow out

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

However that is not what I wrote, not at all.

I wrote none are Christian. ..." Hi, Bluntly No! None are Christian for they all bow to another Jesus. " 

I have hope that all individuals may be saved though comparatively perhaps few are. And that all are saved from the just wrath of God, by His mercy alone, His grace alone via Jesus, and not by the will of any person nor by any system of works religion.

I further testify that I was turned about from  my utter rejection of God's existence to worship of Jesus by the Holy Spirit though I didn't want it, didn't desire it, and had no inclination to be seeking it. Didn't seem to matter to God, He had me turned near inside out in order to keep His promise to answer the prayers  of those that asked rightly of Him by prayer for my salvation,- rightly without seeking personal gain,- as did my grandparents for me for years and perhaps decades.

It did take decades for God to bring me by the nose so to speak to my own humbling submission and recognition that Yeshua is Lord, God, and my savior.

So yes of course  I know  that a Latter Day Saint member (or visitor)  may  be turned about by God! Those that are LDS however are not yet turned about. If one that is of that cult ever will be is a totally separate subject.

No it is not a branch, nor a denomination, of Christianity. It, it's leadership  considers Christians to be gentiles, unsaved.

Lol---NONE are Christian- seriously?

So we must have very different views of what a Christian is- huh?

So there's not one Christian amongst this congregation of people? Not one follower of Christ

The Word of God defines a Christian as they were first so called at Antioch....I suppose there are tons of people that view a "Christians " as people going to church and who are seemingly religious,I couldn't say but clearly we have very different definitions- many call themselves Christian but a Christian is a Born Again Believer

I'm not here to argue with you about semantics -I disagree with your comment to @TheBlade.... regardless of how you phrased it

11 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

Well told you lets not get silly here and some did. A question no one can answer.. how does one get judged when they never heard Jesus Christ came in the flesh? A Jewish man old lived in NY and the year was 2000 and he had never once heard of Yeshua that came and died for the worlds sin until that day Christ found Him.

If you were blind you would have no sin you say you see your sin remains. So many on this planet are blind. Now some of you need to be careful how you speak. He will hold you accountable. So lets speak with a tad of righteousness..  See to say what some said that is now written in heaven you know those that live around you and you know the Churches they go to "all are not Christians" and have done what about it? Do you really care about them? Are they really lost forever? Yet you do what? Prayed a few times just not hours and hours for weeks months even years with so many tears since you KNOW they are all lost. 

I have only been blessed to see one heart and I can never look at another person the same way for the heart was nothing at all like the person I was witnessing act and talk. I am a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. All that can be will be shaken.. a man in a 3rd world country takes his fruit and goes to town to sell it all. At first no one would buy anything yet just before he leaves one person bought it all. The man goes home to worship give thanks to a false God yet it was the GREAT I AM in all His mercy helped that man sell his goods. Then what are the odds the song playing  "How can you not see God in every little thing.

He does not hear the sinner, unrighteous the wicked yet we do not know just how far how deep His grace His mercy goes. So many are in for a shock when they find out just what the Father does every moment of ever day for a world that hates Him yet He loves this world. While it hated Him He died.. Some say when Christ died ALL of Gods wrath was poured on Christ so there is no more wrath for the believer. I like that. 

I know so many Indians (family Nez Perce) that never heard of Jesus Christ...all LOST are were they? Oh some tribes in America were very evil others loved the land loved did everything for the great Spirit. Some LDS Catholics.. its all they know..all they were ever told. Like a little boy in India saw something like the MTN and flowers and said out of all gods (thousands) India believe in he wanted the GOD that made all that. Its it was the GREAT I AM.. the little boy was saved. 

So yes LDS over all is a different gospel no one is debated that or Catholics. But so many with in know Jesus Christ as lord. So kindly wash my feet and bow out

Praise Jesus!

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,971
  • Content Per Day:  5.44
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Only God knows what's in a person's heart.  We cannot be a judge of that.  

The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.
Proverbs 16 1-2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/18/2023 at 8:16 PM, Marathoner said:

It all depends upon where the ad in question appeared, @Debp. I just did a Google search for "worthy Christian forums" and Worthy was top result. No ad at all.

Strange. I used Google also.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,987
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Just now, Babbler said:

Strange. I used Google also.

Algorithms. Check out their capacity to prioritise what individuals see when they search.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,206
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

I learned about data mining during my brief stint as a Computer Science major. Personally, I find it distasteful which was also true of the field in general, and that contributed to me switching to a different major.

We could wax poetic regarding the many different ways tech outfits engage in "behavior modification" of their end users. Google in particular set a standard in utilizing devious methods to manipulate users, taking advantage of the medium to achieve desired outcomes. The outcome has everything to do with more money, of course. 

So, if one routinely uses unprotected search engines like Google to access websites featuring certain meta tags, and then one proceeds to interact with those websites via a series of mouse clicks, all of that information is recorded and added to a user profile unique to your IP. Companies like Google sell your information to other companies, and Google uses your data to customize your experience on the internet. One will see ads on their search results page related to meta tags associated with their data-mined profile.

A simplified run down, but that's basically how it works. 

I think it's disgusting, but that's the reality of the internet.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,206
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

Data mining extends to "private" venues such as email, voice communications, and SMS (text messages). Semantic databases associated with user profiles --- I learned how to construct a semantic database using Java --- are populated and grow exponentially via data mining efforts. 

My advice? Throw a curveball at their snooping A.I. once in while. "Purple lightning juice begets polka dotted lampreys in water sports arenas." Try that in the Google search field. :laugh:

Search results:

There's a band called "Purple Lightning", apparently. :39:

Lampreys! :o

Some random person's rhyming prose on Word Press. :24:

Take that, Google! :madgrin:

(Polka music videos didn't appear in those results, thankfully :27:)