• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

`If anyone`s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved as through fire.` (1 Cor. 3: 15)

The believer`s whose motives for doing God`s work was for their own self- glorification, then those works will be burned up, however the believer themselves will be saved for that is based on Christ`s sacrifice. 

They will suffer loss and not have anything to give back to the Lord for what He would have done through them. They took the glory instead of giving it to the Lord.

This is a good summation - that is, what was the believer's motivation?  And at whose direction did they do those things?  If the Lord told them to do it and they did, that will produce something eternally solid . . . their works will remain.

Christ is building this and knows how it should look.  If someone follows His fresh and living directions, the house will be built properly.  But if the worker says to himself, "I know what this should look like as I think I know the plans well enough to do it!" and doesn't consult with the Architect & Builder (God), it is pointless and their work will need to be burned.

• Well Said! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

What does one have to do to be repentant?  Does he not have to turn away from his sin or sins and confess? I would like Freegrace  to answer

Well How about that!  :39:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,450
  • Content Per Day:  8.15

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

and if they don not repent, What ?

This is what I asked:

"FreeGrace said: 

Of course they are.  Very clear words.  What does "repenting" mean to you?  How do you understand the word?"

Your question is not an answer to my question.

How can I answer your question if I don't know what you think "repenting is"?

What does one have to do to be repentant?  Does he not have to turn away from his sin or sins and confess? I would like Freegrace  to answer

But I asked you first.  And why don't you answer?  Don't you know?

OK, I just realized what you answered.  So now, another question:  what is repentance for?

If you say for salvation, then you are admitting that you believe salvation is by works, because "to turn away from sin" is a human  behavior.  Therefore, salvation by behavior or lifestyle.

What say you?

Edited by FreeGrace

8 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

This is what I asked:

"FreeGrace said: 

Of course they are.  Very clear words.  What does "repenting" mean to you?  How do you understand the word?"

Your question is not an answer to my question.

How can I answer your question if I don't know what you think "repenting is"?

I already stated it.  You just haven't answered. Most every true believer knows what repentance is.  don't you know? 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I disagree.  Letter to Laodicea REv 16 is not precis but is very strong language that would not suggest simple loss of reward. 

4 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

When you say "not suggest..." you are giving your opinion.  I don't see any suggestion of loss of salvation.

And what do you do with the clear teaching of Jesus?

In John 5:24 Jesus said whoever believes possesses eternal life, which establishes the FACT that at the moment of belief, the believer has eternal life.

Then, in John 10:28 Jesus said that recipients of eternal life (believers, Jn 5:24) SHALL NEVER PERISH.

These are the clearest of words that teach eternal security.

From the moment of faith in Christ for salvation, the believer is eternally secure.

Any disobedience or unfaithfulness from THAT POINT forward is a "family matter" and our Heavenly Father won't kill His children, any more than any decent human father would kill theirs.  Rather, He will discipline them with painful discipline, which is what Heb 12:11 SAYS.  And the Bible is full of examples of how painful that can be.

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I read in the letters  five churches are being called to repent of there issues. Would you not say that? 

4 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Of course they are.  Very clear words.  What does "repenting" mean to you?  How do you understand the word?

I've been following this dialog and thought to respond if I might.  Of the 7 churches in Revelation 2 & 3, two did not receive a correction.  Laodicea did receive a stern one, and He told them "Those whom I love I reprove and discipline, therefore be zealous and repent." Compare this with Hebrews 12:6, "For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines and scourges every son He receives."

"Every son He receives" - therefore discipline for His children whom He loves, not loss of their life or eternal salvation.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

8 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I already stated it.  You just haven't answered. Most every true believer knows what repentance is.  don't you know? 

Of course I do.  The Greek word is a compound word for "change the mind".  The concept is that by changing one's mind, one will also change direction.

The prodigal son is a clear example of that.  In the pig sty, he confessed his sins, and went back to his father.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

6 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Of course I do.  The Greek word is a compound word for "change the mind".  The concept is that by changing one's mind, one will also change direction.

The prodigal son is a clear example of that.  In the pig sty, he confessed his sins, and went back to his father.

@FreeGrace Reminds me of 2 Corinthians 7.10: "For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Alright, but hear is the regional question. "and if they don't repent, what?" 

What is unrepentance?   would it be as rebellion and unbelief? what if the Prodigal did not return to the Father? 

Edited by Mike Mclees

34 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Alright, but hear is the regional question. "and if they don't repent, what?" 

What is unrepentance?   would it be as rebellion and unbelief? what if the Prodigal did not return to the Father? 

There are always consequences for bad behavior.  Unbelievers will have it "less bearable" in the LOF than others, so said Jesus.  Believers will experience God's painful discipline, so says Heb 12:11.