• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

14 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Sounds like another creationist addition to scripture.  Show us.

Satan is the father of lies.  Evolution is a lie.  Therefore, Satan is the father of evolution.

Satan is the father of lies.  Islam is a lie.  Therefore, Satan is the father of Islam.

Satan is the father of lies.  Buddhism is a lie.  Therefore, Satan is the father of Buddhism.

Satan is the father of lies.  Mormonism is a lie.  Therefore, Satan is the father of Mormonism.

Every lie, when repeated, is an homage to its creator.  Here we are, on the assigned celebration of the greatest event in the history of mankind, and you are bearing homage to the father of lies by repeating one of his favorite lies.  Why do you think that is?

In John 21, Jesus said to Peter, if you love me feed my sheep (not a verbatim quote).  Why do you poison them?  Does anything you post make people want to trust their Bibles more, or less?  If someone agrees with you, they have to put aside much of what the Bible teaches.  Is that your true desire?  Jesus said that from the beginning, God made them made and female.  You claim they were evolved, which is a direct contradiction.  Should one believe you over Jesus?

My intent in this and other forums is to defend the word of God against Satanic attacks and false teaching.  I am NOT a clergyman.  I use as my guide the Scriptures themselves, the interpretations of learned people who believe in the Bible as written, and what I believe to be the personal revelation of the Holy Spirit.  I know that when referencing Scripture, nothing is to be added; nothing taken away.

And so, here is the passage from John 21.

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,100
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Sounds like another creationist addition to scripture.  Show us.

38 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

Satan is the father of lies.  Evolution is a lie.  Therefore, Satan is the father of evolution.

I wasn't asking for another creationist addition to scripture.   I'd like you to show me where it actually says what you're saying.

As you know, evolution is directly observed happening.    It's an observed phenomenon.    As far as other faiths go, there are many Christians who express the same point that Jesus made about the heretical Samaritan who followed the second great commandment, "Go and do likewise."   This one sums it up pretty well:

The Catholic Church rejects nothing that is true and holy in these religions. She regards with sincere reverence those ways of conduct and of life, those precepts and teachings which, though differing in many aspects from the ones she holds and sets forth, nonetheless often reflect a ray of that Truth which enlightens all men. Indeed, she proclaims, and ever must proclaim Christ "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6), in whom men may find the fullness of religious life, in whom God has reconciled all things to Himself.

47 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

I know that when referencing Scripture, nothing is to be added; nothing taken away.

Then it's hard to explain your behavior here.

1 hour ago, RV_Wizard said:

The post isn't breaking for me today, so I'll have to do this another way.  For me, God would still be an incredible God had he formed everything over billions of years.  However, this is NOT what the Bible teaches. 

In fact, the Bible doesn't say how long it took.

The Fourth Commandment is based on the six day creation

I'm still waiting for your demonstration that repeating a figurative passage converts it to a literal history.

God never does things the easy way.

I've spent a lifetime learning about His creation.   It seems very elegant and logical to me.   Miracles, they're another story.   But you should remember that God doesn't have to do miracles to make His creation work.    He does them to teach us things.   Not surprising if some of them are spectacular.

God makes it very clear what will save you.   And what you think of evolution or the age of the Earth are not on the list.    You're missing the entire point of His Word to us.   Read it carefully.   Matthew 25, starting with verse 31, would be a good start.  

Matthew 22:39 would be a good guide for you, also.  

Let your own wishes go and believe His way.   And this will trouble you no longer.

• Group:  Senior Member

25 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

I wasn't asking for another creationist addition to scripture.   I'd like you to show me where it actually says what you're saying.

If you would like to learn about the father of lies, here is a good link for you.

John 8:

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

In fact, the Bible doesn't say how long it took. ... I'm still waiting for your demonstration that repeating a figurative passage converts it to a literal history.

Your statement is false.  Not only does Genesis one say how long it took, so does the Fourth Commandment, recorded by God in Exodus 20:11.  In fact, the creation is referenced throughout the Bible.

You have nothing that backs your assertion that Genesis was a figurative passage.  Further, we have the actual words of God carved by God Himself on stone tablets and given to Moses.  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Was God speaking the truth, or should we believe your words over His?

God warned us about false teachers in 26 of the 27 books of the New Testament.  Why would He do this if He didn't know that the Father of lies would created many false religions, including evolution, that will deceive many.

I've spent a lifetime learning about His creation. 

All of it is wasted in you don't learn about the Creator.  The creation is nothing but a rock we are on for a moment in relation to the eternity of our salvation or damnation.  The earth and the stars will pass away, but the glory of God is forever.  Science is the study of the physical world.  However, the physical world is temporary.  God is supernatural.  He is not slave to the physical laws He created.  He could create everything in six days, six hours, or six trillion years.  What He CANNOT do is to lie about it.

Read it carefully.   Matthew 25, starting with verse 31, would be a good start.  

There are 10 commandments, and God expects us to follow them all.  

James 2:10-12.  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.  For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.  So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Frankly, if it were possible to ignore the fourth commandment I would make sufficiently more money, because I work for a dealership that is open Sundays.  I could work for a much better place and make a much better living, but I would have to work on the Sabbath.  If I could compartmentalize the Scriptures into a package that better fit the times we live in, it would be better for me.  However, the Scriptures don't change because they are inconvenient.  Neither do the commandments.  That includes the fourth.  

• Thumbs Up 1

You've simply added your own ideas to scripture and assumed that they are God's word.  

The Sabbath, BTW, is Saturday, not Sunday.    Sabbath is the seventh day, not the first day.  

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work."

Edited by The Barbarian

Read it carefully.   Matthew 25, starting with verse 31, would be a good start.  

35 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

There are 10 commandments, and God expects us to follow them all.  

1 Corinthians 13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work."

Again, you post only what you agree with.

Exodus 20:8-11  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You have a problem believing what is in bold.

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

You've simply added your own ideas to scripture and assumed that they are God's word.  

No, actually I don't stop reading when the Bible contradicts what I wish to believe.

3 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

No, actually I don't stop reading when the Bible contradicts what I wish to believe.

Instead you start adding things you want to believe to the Bible.

If you let God be God and just accept it as it is, you'll be a lot less conflicted.