• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

1 Cor 15

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothedf with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

1 Thess 4

By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

Matt 24

At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven,c and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.d 31And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Each of the above examples shows the dead raised at the coming of Jesus or the elect gathered. 

I think we all know the resurrection of the dead occurs when Jesus returns, the taking up of those who are alive and remain; the gathering of the elect.

The resurrecting of the dead in Christ and the taking up of the remaining living occurs once, when Jesus returns, which also occurs once.

That means the loud trump, the trump of God and the last trump are all the same trump. God's, loud and last are various attributes of the same trump. It's like a 4 wheeled vehicle can be a Nissan, a Sentra, car, or a coupe and still be the same car. Loud, God's and last are all the same trump.

It's the attribute of 'last' that I want to focus on. 

We know of only one last trump that is associated with the return of Jesus, the reward for the saints, and the pouring out wrath. It's the last trump of a series of trumps and it heralds:

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever.”

16And the twenty-four elders who sit on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17saying:

“We give thanks to You, O Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was,b because

You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign.

18The nations were enraged,c and

Your wrath has come.

The last trump is the 7th Trump of Revelation.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82
  • Days Won:  0

I read this verse

Edited by NConly
change
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

The last trump is the 7th Trump of Revelation.

Good post.  Not trying to be overly pedantic but the 7th trumpet heralds the descent of Christ to the clouds where He sounds the last trumpet, the trumpet of God.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

The 7th Trumpet is but the last in a series of 7 Trumpet blasts.  The 6th Trumpet is a Woe, and within the 7th Trumpet is the 3rd Woe.  All who remain on earth just before the 5th Trumpet are all demon and idol worshipers who do not repent. (Rev 9:20)

The Last Trumpet Call, is but a Trumpet Call.  Sometime after when God the Father calls the last individual into the Body of Christ is when the Rapture will occur.  When was the Father's First call, and when is the Father's Last call.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

15 hours ago, Diaste said:

I think we all know the resurrection of the dead occurs when Jesus returns, the taking up of those who are alive and remain; the gathering of the elect.

The resurrecting of the dead in Christ and the taking up of the remaining living occurs once, when Jesus returns, which also occurs once.

That means the loud trump, the trump of God and the last trump are all the same trump.

The last statement is simply NOT proven by the previous ones. It is merely a presumption based on a limited set of data.

The resurrected saints, the "ones coming out of the Great Tribulation" (Rev. 7:14), have already been caught up to heaven before even the sounding of the first trumpet!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, WilliamL said:

The last statement is simply NOT proven by the previous ones. It is merely a presumption based on a limited set of data.

Limited but quite strong.

8 hours ago, WilliamL said:

The resurrected saints, the "ones coming out of the Great Tribulation" (Rev. 7:14), have already been caught up to heaven before even the sounding of the first trumpet!

No. This has been discussed in other topics. In fact, I started a new one on this topic.

17 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Good post.  Not trying to be overly pedantic but the 7th trumpet heralds the descent of Christ to the clouds where He sounds the last trumpet, the trumpet of God.

Where I am with this is either an inability to understand, a lack of evidence, or  1+1+1=giraffes.

I simply have a difficult time finding a last trump after the one and only last trump, in a series of trumps, associated with the end of the age, Christ's return, and the gathering, of which I am aware.   

16 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

The 7th Trumpet is but the last in a series of 7 Trumpet blasts.  The 6th Trumpet is a Woe, and within the 7th Trumpet is the 3rd Woe.  All who remain on earth just before the 5th Trumpet are all demon and idol worshipers who do not repent. (Rev 9:20)

The Last Trumpet Call, is but a Trumpet Call.  Sometime after when God the Father calls the last individual into the Body of Christ is when the Rapture will occur.  When was the Father's First call, and when is the Father's Last call.

In Christ

Montana Marv

There is another discussion I started for this topic.

20 hours ago, NConly said:

I read this verse

Okay. What did you find?

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

Where I am with this is either an inability to understand, a lack of evidence, or  1+1+1=giraffes.

I simply have a difficult time finding a last trump after the one and only last trump, in a series of trumps, associated with the end of the age, Christ's return, and the gathering, of which I am aware.   

Where does this passage fit in with your sequencing of events?

Then the Lord will appear over them,
And His arrow will go forth like lightning;
And the Lord God will blow the trumpet,
And march in the storm winds of the south.
The Lord of armies will protect them.
And they will devour and trample on the slingstones;
And they will drink and be boisterous as with wine;
And they will be filled like a sacrificial basin,
Drenched like the corners of the altar.
And the Lord their God will save them on that day
As the flock of His people;
For they are like the precious stones of a crown,
Sparkling on His land.   Zechariah 9:14-16