• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

19 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

Humans didn't evolve from anything.

Humans came from the dirt, everything that constitutes dirt. Rocks,clay,microorganisms, animals, water, salt etc. Everything that can be identified in dirt.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  1.83
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

God revealed in Genesis that He created the world in six days

As we see here...Exodus.

Exodus 20:11

King James Version

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Edited by LisaLola

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,497
  • Content Per Day:  8.06

8 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

I was always taught that the earth was old.  However, there is nothing in the Bible to support it and plenty to contradict it.

You have it exactly backwards.  The proof is found in 2 words in the Hebrew:  tohu wabohu.  In Gen 1:2 they are lamely translated as "without form and void".  Nowever, these 2 words are found together only in 2 other passages; Jer 4:23 and Isa 34:11.  In both passages these 2 words are used to describe the total destruction of the land.  So don't tell me that God created the earth tohu wabohu.

Even more, Isa 45:18 plainly says that God DID NOT create the earth tohu.

The evidence is right before your eyes, if they are open.

The Fourth Commandment tells us the God created everything in six days.

Why do you keep repeating is false claim?  Ex 20:11 does NOT use the Hebrew word for "create", which is 'bara', but rather, 'asah', which means to create from existing materials.  God spoke the whole universe, including the earth into existence from nothing.  That is 'bara'.

Please get your facts straight.

It doesn't say anything about restoring a previous earth, or about stars that had yet to be created.

Explain WHY "tohu wabohu" was used to describe total destruction of the land in the other 2 places where they occur together, yet used to describe God's creation of the earth.  And don't forget that Isa 45:18 says that God DID NOT create the earth 'tohu'.

What it actually says is For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The English word "made" is 'asah'.  The English word "created" in Gen 1:1 is 'bara'.  Different words with different meanings.  Words mean things.

The woman's name was Eve.

I think everyone knows that.

If you actually read the Bible, Genesis 5 tells us "And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."  So from creation Adam lived 930 years. they

If YOU actually read the Bible, and take note of the Hebrew words and how they are used elsewhere, you would know that Adam's age didn't begin until he ate the fruit.  We have no idea how long Adam lived before taking the bite.

When God warned Adam, He said, "on the DAY that you eat from it (the tree), you shall SURELY DIE."  OK, it's obvious that Adam lived on 930 years, so he didn't physically die "on that day".  So what part of him did die?  Because something SURELY did die on that day.  It was his human spirit, which was 1 of 3 parts of him, which is why God said, "let US make man in OUR image".  God made man with 3 parts, just as God is Trinity.  But Adam's spirit died, and this is why all humans need to be born AGAIN.  It is their dead human spirit that must be RE-born or RE-generated.  

In the Hebrew, the literal words are, "on the day you you eat from it, DYING, you shall surely die".  God spoke of two deaths on that day.  The first (dying) is the process of age related death, which is over time.  That is when the clock began on Adam's age.

The word "die" refers to Adam's spirit, which absolutely did die on that day.

It is easy to research the Hebrew on the internet.

You claim it does.  Experts say it doesn't.  We'll never agree on this point.

I will stick with what the Hebrew SAYS.  It is very clear.  

It is simply absurd to claim "tohu wabohu" can be used to describe the condition of the earth when God created it AND can be used to describe total destruction of the land in the other 2 contexts.  That is nuts.

13 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Humans came from the dirt, everything that constitutes dirt. Rocks,clay,microorganisms, animals, water, salt etc. Everything that can be identified in dirt.

Did we?  I came from my fathers seed ( human) did I not?

Adam was created by God from the dust of the earth?

30 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

The wasteland is intriguing, the verse 6 below I've thought of it speaking of the flood and Noah. But verse 7 mentions the present heavens and earth which the flood of Noah's time I don't recall the heavens being a wasteland of sorts as well.

But in Genesis there is darkness on the surface of the deep (dark heavens) and the (wasteland earth) covered in water for which the present earth was restored/formed out of water by water. Because these verses below doesn't seem to be talking about the flood in Noah's time. In Genesis verse 2 there's the water that the dryland appears (formed) after being separated from the (by) water above.

2 Peter 3

5 But they deliberately overlook the fact that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water,

6 through which the world of that time perished in the flood.

7 And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

I believe Peter was describing the original creation of the earth, and v.6 speaks of the destruction of that original earth, just as Gen 1:2 speaks of the earth becoming tohu wabohu.  Then Peter refers to the current condition of earth, after the restoration in Gen 1:2ff, which will be destroyed by fire after the MK.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, LisaLola said:

As we see here...Exodus.

Exodus 20:11
King James Version

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Guys, the Hebrew for "made" isn't the Hebrew in Gen 1:1 for 'create'.  This shouldn't be difficult.  bara is used in Gen 1:1 for creation ex nihilo, proven by Psa 33:6,9.  God spoke the universe into existence from nothing.

asah (made) means to make from existing materials.  So Ex 20:11 is about a restoration.  Not original creation.  If Ex 20:11 is describing original creation, Moses would have used 'bara', not 'asah'. 

5 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I believe Peter was describing the original creation of the earth, and v.6 speaks of the destruction of that original earth, just as Gen 1:2 speaks of the earth becoming tohu wabohu.  Then Peter refers to the current condition of earth, after the restoration in Gen 1:2ff, which will be destroyed by fire after the MK.

Indeed that's what it appears to me as well. I didn't really connect with that idea until I read 2 Peter 3. That was a eye opener. Imo not only the earth was a wasteland but something happened in the heavens also. Can't have a present heavens unless something happened to the previous one. Thus the statement darkness was on the surface of the deep.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

deleted.

Edited by LisaLola

14 minutes ago, LisaLola said:

Did we?  I came from my fathers seed ( human) did I not?

Adam was created by God from the dust of the earth?

I hope you did, though do you think God netted as well?

Yes everything that constitutes dirt.

Edited by BeyondET

2 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

I hope you did, though do you think God netty some?

Yes everything that constitutes dirt.

Adam was created from the dust of the ground by God.

I came from my fathers seed....very easy to understand...so not sure what your point is?