IGNORED

12 Reasons I Know that I am Eternally Secure (I am a Child of God)!

Vine Abider

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.45
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

heaven as some great reward.

Where the Lord is... that's Heaven!

Currently the Lord Jesus is in Heaven right now at God's right Hand... remember when Jesus ascended up to Heaven?  That's where he's at right now.

The Lord said thru the Apostle Paul that "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8)

Sure someday the Lord is going to move Heaven to earth will will forever live with mankind.  But, that's not now.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

But I believe the chastisement @AdHoc was referring to was related to the Bema judgment and the thousand years, right?  If believers suffer for something "done in this body" for that period of time, I don't think that is a "walk in the park" by any means!

No, during the 1000 year reign with Christ Christians will be in a glorified body reigning with the Lord over the earth... He's got a job for each of us helping Him run His Kingdom.

Compared to going to hell.... The Lord's chastisement in this life IS a walk in the park... compared with spending eternity being tormented in the eternal fires of hell!

Edited by Stan Murff

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 minute ago, Stan Murff said:

Where the Lord is... that's Heaven!

Currently the Lord Jesus is in Heaven right now at God's right Hand... remember when Jesus ascended up to Heaven?  That's where he's at right now.

The Lord said thru the Apostle Paul that "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8)

Sure someday the Lord is going to move Heaven to earth will will forever live with mankind.  But, that's not now.

OK, good enough (for me at least).  I suppose it's like the word "church" which isn't really in there, but everyone uses it, so . . .  Personally I think it would be better if we all simply referred to the sweet by & by as "with the Lord" instead of "going to heaven."

Well, the fact of the matter is, when we die right now... we go to Heaven.

No matter how you slice it... being in the presence of the Lord IS Heaven because where He's at things are good, very very good!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Stan Murff said:

No, during the 1000 year reign with Christ Christians will be in a glorified body reigning with the Lord over the earth... He's got a job for each of us helping Him run His Kingdom.

Compared to going to hell.... The Lord's chastisement IS a walk in the park... compared with spending eternity being tormented in the eternal fires of hell!

And that's where I see that the third option comes in - believers get to rule and reign with Him in the kingdom, according to how they do here, i.e., what materials they build with; the faithful/unfaithful servants in Matt 25, etc.

You may see those things as a heaven vs. hell option . . .

3 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

And that's where I see that the third option comes in - believers get to rule and reign with Him in the kingdom, according to how they do here, i.e., what materials they build with; the faithful/unfaithful servants in Matt 25, etc.

OK, so we can live in sin now and later on we just don't get many good job assignments from the Lord during the 1000 year reign?

Is that the "consequences" you are speaking of for those that live in sin in this life refusing to turn away from walking in darkness after the flesh and serving satan rather than the Lord?

27 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

OK, so we can live in sin now and later on we just don't get many good job assignments from the Lord during the 1000 year reign?

Is that the "consequences" you are speaking of for those that live in sin in this life refusing to turn away from walking in darkness after the flesh and serving satan rather than the Lord?

"And throw the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."  Matt 25:30

You probably see that as hell, but I see it as a result of judgement for the children of God (he was an unfaithful servant), just like in 1st Corinthians 3:15 where everything they've done is burnt up, but they themselves are saved.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

2 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

Once cannot live in sin, experience a little punishment, and still get to go to Heaven as they lived in sin without repenting and turning away from it.

Kinda sounds like Catholics purgatory

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 7:25 AMP  Therefore He is able also to save forever (completely, perfectly, for eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede and intervene on their behalf [with God].

uttermost   G3838   (Thayer).  παντελής  pantelēs

Thayer Definition:

2) completely, perfectly, utterly

I do believe in eternal security of true born again believers who recognize God's authority over them as their LORD.  Some only accept Christ as fire insurance but not as their Lord here on earth. Some only believe He was a good man, and some worship and pray to deceased people but never really pray to God unless they are repeating a written prayer.  Some believe they are born again because their church tells them that happened at their infant baptism.  All of these people may consider themselves Christians.  Perhaps some are, but at some point I look to find some fruit or some sign of growth and life.  

Rom 10:9  because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  

Rom 8:9 WEB But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his. 

Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God.  Rom 8:15  For you didn’t receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”  Rom 8:16  The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

23 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

That is a very good question, and it is not specifically addressed in scripture. I think we get that idea from dispensationalism, the six days of creation, and the seventh day of rest.

2 Peter 3:8 (KJV) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Rather than bombard you with a ton of my notes, I copied and pasted the good explanation below:

The sixth dispensation, the one in which we now live, is the Dispensation of Grace. It began with the New Covenant in Christ’s blood (Luke 22:20). This “Age of Grace” or “Church Age” occurs between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel 9:24. It starts with the coming of the Spirit on the Day of Pentecost and ends with the Rapture of the church (1 Thessalonians 4). This dispensation is worldwide and includes both Jews and the Gentiles. Man’s responsibility during the Dispensation of Grace is to believe in Jesus, the Son of God (John 3:18). In this dispensation the Holy Spirit indwells believers as the Comforter (John 14:16-26). This dispensation has lasted for almost 2,000 years, and no one knows when it will end. We do know that it will end with the Rapture of all born-again believers from the earth to go to heaven with Christ. Following the Rapture will be the judgments of God lasting for seven years.

www.gotquestions.org

Daniel's Seventy Weeks.gif

This does help. I have heard about the 69th and 70th week, but, never had looked into it. I will now, and I believe you have pointed me in the right direction.

Thank you for your direction regarding this and other issues at hand in our current times we live in.

grace and Peace . . . 

Ray . . .