Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Sorry to say, but there are so many new strange teachings going around nowadays.

Usually new Christians are more susceptible since they don't know a lot of the basic Christian doctrines.

When I was in Bible college we studied the cults. Walter Martin's Kingdom of the Cults was the textbook.

But now there are multitudes of strange teachings.

A somewhat new Christian sent me a video elsewhere.   I listened to it to see what kind of teaching she was following.   (She tried to get me to listen to their live Bible studies.)

Anyhow the guy had a lot of strange ideas, all about the second coming of Christ.   (Not normal teachings.) I did reply to her explaining some things and hope and pray she will consider what I said.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.61
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Debp said:

Sorry to say, but there are so many new strange teachings going around nowadays.

Usually new Christians are more susceptible since they don't know a lot of the basic Christian doctrines.

When I was in Bible college we studied the cults. Walter Martin's Kingdom of the Cults was the textbook.

A somewhat new Christian sent me a video elsewhere.   I listened to it to see what kind of teaching she was following.   (She tried to get me to listen to their live Bible studies.)

Anyhow the guy had a lot of strange ideas, all about the second coming of Christ.   (Not normal teachings.) I did reply to her explaining some things and hope and pray she will consider what I said.

Christians have let alien beliefs, false doctrines, infiltrate their thinking heavily since the beginning of the 20th century, it has led to all sorts of distorted views of Bible scripture, relegating some of it to being in the category of a myth and other parts being considered symbolic and not actually meaning what they say so that they need to be replaced or modified to conform to the thinking of  men instead of developing a true understanding of them.

This is the "New Age" Church where its members look to hear what they want to hear instead of sincerely seeking to understand what God wants to understand from the Word he gave us to learn from.

The way I see it.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Debp said:

there are so many new strange teachings going around nowadays

True and unfortunately  it is evangelical christianities dislike of education that is to blame. 

Instead of teaching the theological  what and why we believe it is all about what one " feels ".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

7 hours ago, Debp said:

I will agree but what is a strange teaching? I know we tend to know our personal belief is the real one but to others some of what we believe is strange. As a prophet in the 40'-50's said "there are ALLOT of different doctrines here but not on the one that matters most". We tend to focus only on what we don't agree with when we should focus on what we do agree with. Christ coming in the flesh the only way to the Father. We lol read doctrine of devils. We insert words that are not written there. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Hi Debp,

This is off-topic; I hope you do not mind. I wish I was younger and could go to Bible College. At my age now, it would not pan out. Could you tell us what Bible College you attended and how you liked it? What you enjoyed best, and what you did not care for.

I understand that the departments of study are Christology, angelology, Pneumatology, Soteriology, etc. The study of Israelogy is absent from most colleges; is that your experience?

If you had all the material and resources at your fingertips, in retrospect, is there anything you learned that you could not have discovered studying on your own?

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Debp,

This is off-topic; I hope you do not mind. I wish I was younger and could go to Bible College. At my age now, it would not pan out. Could you tell us what Bible College you attended and how you liked it? What you enjoyed best, and what you did not care for.

I understand that the departments of study are Christology, angelology, Pneumatology, Soteriology, etc. The study of Israelogy is absent from most colleges; is that your experience?

If you had all the material and resources at your fingertips, in retrospect, is there anything you learned that you could not have discovered studying on your own?

Hi, I'll pm you later when I get back on the computer.   Blessings.

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Debp,

Hi Dennis, I just sent you another PM as I promised.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,977
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

I have Walter Martin's book Kingdom of the Cults.  I found it to be very informative.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Hi Dennis, I just sent you another PM as I promised.

Got it, thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

On 10/12/2023 at 7:29 AM, Debp said:

I guess for those who are in a stable church it isn't as apparent. Whenever I venture outside of the church to read what some so called Christians are saying, I am sometimes surprised, flabbergasted, even though we are told there will be false teachers. They have always been with us. Seems much worse now. Aside from the quasi Christian cults, we have a proliferation of new age growing ever stronger. Supported by many universities. New age is getting into some once Christian churches. It's  really a mess. God is not the author of confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1