• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, other one said:

The capitol G's are the product of translators using the "G" when pertaining to any or all three of the trinity.     As for which is in charge, right now the Father and Jesus are equal.  The Holy Spirit is just communicating between us and them.  However the Holy Spirit's duty is so critical that if you blaspheme him, there is no forgiveness for it and it's off to the fires with you. (not meaning you specifically)

Hi, and thanks for the reply and comments! Yes, there is quite a difference in upper and lower case when using the word God. It's my understanding that all within the Trinity are equal in essence and power, but the Lord Jesus said "My Father is greater than I" (Jhn 14:28).

I believe this is in reference to that the Father is "greater" in authority that Himself; as the One sending has more authority than the One being sent. Which could stand to reason that the Lord Jesus has more authority than the Spirit, whom He sent "from the Father" (Jhn 15:26).  The Spirit is from the Father and the Lord Jesus is from the Father (Jhn 16:28).

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

3 hours ago, WordSword said:

Hi, and thanks for the reply and comments! Yes, there is quite a difference in upper and lower case when using the word God. It's my understanding that all within the Trinity are equal in essence and power, but the Lord Jesus said "My Father is greater than I" (Jhn 14:28).

I believe this is in reference to that the Father is "greater" in authority that Himself; as the One sending has more authority than the One being sent. Which could stand to reason that the Lord Jesus has more authority than the Spirit, whom He sent "from the Father" (Jhn 15:26).  The Spirit is from the Father and the Lord Jesus is from the Father (Jhn 16:28).

Blessings WordSword

Indeed this is what was Spoken by God the Son as Son of God in the flesh ,as fully man - the Father IS Greater,He Reduced Himself to Servitude when He Came to walk anong us ,as us  as a human being through the woman Mary..... still Fully God and Equal in all His Glory when the flesh was changed to All His Glory

God Bless you

With love in Christ,Kwik

Guest AFlameOfFire

What is not "treated equally" among these equals is blasphemy. Jesus tells us someone can speak a word against the Son of man and it would be forgiven but that that is not equally so with the Holy Ghost, its treated as a "greater sin" among these equals.

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Guest AFlameOfFire

The "greater than's" and "lower than's" and "equal to's" and like's refer to different things too,  just as he (Jesus' God) that sends is greater than the one sent (Jesus), and Jesus being made "lower than" the angels pertains to his human form and "the suffering of death" that goes with that (unlike the angelic form) while "dying no more" makes the children of the resurrection "equal to" the angels in just that alone.  And "being like" or "image of" is after the resemblance, similar to a mirror image.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Jesus is equal, in unity and of the same mind as the Father & Holy Spirit. However, in function there is an order - 

Divine  Procession.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit proceeds

* from the Father and

* from the Son and

* so through the Body of Christ and it members.

The word `Son` in relation to the Godhead is not of procreation but means the express image of. 

`God ....has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power...` (Heb. 1: 1 - 3)

Isn't it one essence? Three distinct (not separate) persons? I do not know if what you say agrees with this or not. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Indeed this is what was Spoken by God the Son as Son of God in the flesh ,as fully man - the Father IS Greater,He Reduced Himself to Servitude when He Came to walk anong us ,as us  as a human being through the woman Mary..... still Fully God and Equal in all His Glory when the flesh was changed to All His Glory

Hi, and appreciate your reply and comments! Thank God Christ "humbled Himself" (Phl 2:8). 

Like everything you shared, and God bless!

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just keep in mind that Jesus was/is Yahweh.  He is the God of the old testament.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Anne2 said:

Isn't it one essence? Three distinct (not separate) persons? I do not know if what you say agrees with this or not. 

Hi Annie,

I believe there is one undivided divine nature in the Godhead which exists and manifests itself in three personal subsistences. Jesus said - 

"I and My Father are one." (John 10: 30)

Or, according to the Athanasian Creed, which correctly summarises Bible teaching on the subject -

"We worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty co-eternal." 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Annie,

I believe there is one undivided divine nature in the Godhead which exists and manifests itself in three personal subsistences. Jesus said - 

Or, according to the Athanasian Creed, which correctly summarises Bible teaching on the subject -

"We worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal.\, the Majesty co-eternal." 

Thank you Marilyn. All I was familiar with was one essence and distinctions vs separate. The other terms I don't really get. The way I undertstand the doctrine the co-eternal part is God the Son has existed from all eternity, As well as God the father, and God the holy Spirit. That God the Son took on Flesh  without ceasing to be God.

But thanks for your response. It was helpful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
56 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Annie,

"We worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty co-eternal." 

Marilyn C, 

Hey Sis, let me ask you about just that verse, because I have seen some Christians  using the reaction of the Jews as some sort of validation that that was what Jesus meant by that one more specifically.  

For example when he said, 

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

We are often told that the Jews took Jesus saying, that "I and my Father are one" there as Jesus was claiming to be God "in that oneness" with the Father. Some Christians point at the Jews reaction and use that (very specifically) to actually validate what I am catching as an error (on Christians part) when they say, "We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to know that Jesus statement was exactly to that effect (or whatever other effect elsewhere) and so it must be true that He was claiming  "to be God" there.  But if Jesus was really claiming to be God in saying "I and the Father are one" (as they might say it) why would Jesus pray to the Father, "that they too may be one,  in John 17:11 " EVEN AS we are one?

Wouldn't that make them God then by that same faulty reasoning?

That's why that never made sense to me, and of course that is followed up by

John 17:22 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me..

Know what I am mean with that there?

I am making supper while posting here, so I hope I put that out right, I can be pretty bad at multitasking, God forbid it that I miss something on this topic, all hellfire might just break out against anyone who does that haha.

God's richest blessings Sis

Edited by AFlameOfFire
Badly worded reworded the above