• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, FJK said:

I think unforgiveness throughout our life is probably the major cause of an unhappy and unrewarding life when we find ourselves living one.  It leads to all sorts of resentment, anger, hatred, anxieties and self destructive thinking filling out hearts without our even realizing it is doing so.

From my own experience, it's something I struggle with daily.

It's something we can free ourselves from through Christ, but only if we make the effort to do so as best we can.

Well said! Agree with you! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

10 hours ago, Debp said:

Do you find it hard to forgive others?

I forgive easily. I guess I just take the words of Jesus and the Bible about forgiving very simply....and just do it.

People who will not forgive only hurt themselves. It can cause bitterness within a person and a lack of peace because the Holy Spirit is grieved within them.

30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:30-32

Easy to say no offense. Some times I wonder if we don't say the words "I forgive you" and we believe we mean it yet we never faced it you know delt with it. Or you have and you forgive yet wish you had never known, met them. Their name in a heart beat brings back what happened like it was yesterday. You forgive as much as you can the rest has to come from HIM. Were all human we all do something that effected someone else hurt them and never once said forgive me.

So there are things in my life I forgave and to this day tell the lord sometimes crying.. I don't know how to forget to never see it to never think about it. So.. the person.. high up.. repented put it under the blood of Jesus...oh amen but still after so many years "wish I had never met you". Forgive love them yes.. I long for the day when that pain is gone.. I didn't like this.. ME I remembered it sorry

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,305
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

14 hours ago, Debp said:

I forgive easily. I guess I just take the words of Jesus and the Bible about forgiving very simply....and just do it.

People who will not forgive only hurt themselves. It can cause bitterness within a person and a lack of peace because the Holy Spirit is grieved within them.

30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

A wonderful word, Deb.

The Lord is patient with us. He will lead us, slowly as the case may be, to learning what forgiveness is and how we may accomplish doing so. I didn't really grasp forgiveness until it was time for me to forgive my late mother. It was hard. The Lord knew this which is why He provided someone to help me understand and overcome:

First, my younger sister, the only relative who remains in contact with me. She was going through something similar herself --- all of us went through hell on earth together --- and when she told me about what she learned regarding what our mother had suffered when she was a girl, it threw everything I thought I knew about her in disarray. It was horrible. 

When I shared these things with my adopted mother, she embraced me and said, "Forgive her." From the Lord's mouth to my ears in three different ways. When I asked the Lord how to forgive my mother --- I wanted and needed to do this --- He told me to let her go. Let her go... stop holding on to the past... never forget how He has forgiven me of many things... and then, I was able to say this to Him:

"I hold nothing against her, Lord."

That's forgiveness, then. We hold nothing against those who trespass. :)

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

10 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Easy to say no offense. Some times I wonder if we don't say the words "I forgive you" and we believe we mean it yet we never faced it you know delt with it. Or you have and you forgive yet wish you had never known, met them. Their name in a heart beat brings back what happened like it was yesterday. You forgive as much as you can the rest has to come from HIM. Were all human we all do something that effected someone else hurt them and never once said forgive me.

So there are things in my life I forgave and to this day tell the lord sometimes crying.. I don't know how to forget to never see it to never think about it. So.. the person.. high up.. repented put it under the blood of Jesus...oh amen but still after so many years "wish I had never met you". Forgive love them yes.. I long for the day when that pain is gone.. I didn't like this.. ME I remembered it sorry

forgiveness doesnt mean there are no consequences, There are several times from my life I think I would have preferred not to have happened .. not to have met the person but then I think of all the good things that may never have happened if I had not had those experiences and the pain becomes less.  When my children came and said sorry for messing things up I could honestly say I forgave them BUT it doesnt mean they didnt have to deal with the consequences of those actions nor that I would forget them and be a little more cautious next time 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.

• Thumbs Up 1

...You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.  Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.  If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.  Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.  Therefore

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,482
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 10/27/2023 at 2:51 AM, Debp said:

I do seem to be able to forgive easily too. Although, I hafta say, I've not had that many people do really dastardly things to me very often.  So that forgiveness may get put to a real test someday.  And, as Corry Tenboom found out with the Nazi concentration camp guard, she really didn't have it in herself - the forgiveness had to come from Christ for that fellow.

One thing I do try to keep in mind is that because of the fallen flesh, we are all capable of anything.  I know my flesh is, so I do try to remember that we're all just swimming around in this big cesspool together.  The only thing that makes me special is Christ in me, and by His life, mercy and supplying grace, I won't do the things I shouldn't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,305
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

The test isn't a pass or fail scenario, my friends. Why does the Lord send the fiery trial? To refine us as silver is refined, and to test us as gold is tried. Experience is reflected by the scriptures in this way. 

I discovered that I could easily forgive those who trespassed against me. That wasn't the fiery trial, however. Forgiving those who inflicted evil upon others --- evil that I witnessed, and evil that made me suffer in its wake --- was the test. I can't begin to convey what it's like to suffer for those who endured terrible things by my side only to be betrayed by the same, which was the fiery trial. That's what happened after I chose to follow Jesus Christ. 

Years of hardship passed while I learned how to let go of everything; I either let it go voluntarily, or it was taken from me. Is it possible to undergo terrible things and forgive the one who did the deed? Yes. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,181
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 10/27/2023 at 11:51 AM, Debp said:

I forgive because I have to. When I can't I chose to and let God do it, but I'm not as dumb anymore as I used to be. If they put a knife in your back and don't say sorry it's often because they're not sorry and if you then forgive forget ladida lets be friends again and then they do it again and you're totally surprised, no I don't do that anymore. If someone is not sorry I forgive anyway but I also stay away and protect my kids.

• Thumbs Up 2