• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Starise said:

This is why I think the man as the leader needs to step up and be the spiritual leader

default_thumbsup.gif.beb392b1382b1ef69b3753fbd177b798.gif

7054221cc8a3c8a308d7f2ec4e60cbde.jpg.3f8a89291d18b7a422467982211a5111.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

On 11/6/2023 at 12:04 PM, Starise said:

I was recently talking with some friends. We were on the subject of being frustrated about things sometimes. One of them mentioned they didn't feel comfortable taking that to God.

We all go through these very human experiences and sometimes it seems we hold back how we really feel, even to God. I mean, He already knows regardless.

Does anyone else have times when they get frustrated and vent to God? I have had some interesting discussions with him in my car when noone else is in it. The only other place I would feel comfortable doing that is in the deep woods or a solitary bathroom with good soundproofing. Usually for me, it's in the car.

How about you? Do you feel it's disrespectul to vent to Jesus?

I had to chuckle reading your post, if my windshield could speak I’d be in trouble…  :)

And no I don’t think it’s disrespectful to vent to Jesus as long as it’s honest venting….

Blessings in your discussion/venting with Him, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

3 hours ago, Not me said:

I had to chuckle reading your post, if my windshield could speak I’d be in trouble…  :)

And no I don’t think it’s disrespectful to vent to Jesus as long as it’s honest venting….

Blessings in your discussion/venting with Him, Not me 

The world at large is a very evil place overall and getting worse over time. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Why are people being attacked because of their ethnicity or beliefs? Why are the innocent being murdered? Why do we have things like child sex trafficking, being operated by hollywood, political figures and other "high up" people? Why do people generally listen to and believe the mainstream media? Why can't I get my stuff together sometimes? Why do people fight? Why do we have so many people running around like chickens with no thought for tomorrow or for how their actions affect others? Why is a large percentage of the population zoned out on drugs and booze? That would include prescription drugs the doc gives people for "anxiety"? 

Of course I know the answer to these and many other issues, but sometimes I just need to vent to God about it. Why do I often feel like a little fish in a big pond swimming around in circles? Stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

55 minutes ago, Starise said:

The world at large is a very evil place overall and getting worse over time. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Why are people being attacked because of their ethnicity or beliefs? Why are the innocent being murdered? Why do we have things like child sex trafficking, being operated by hollywood, political figures and other "high up" people? Why do people generally listen to and believe the mainstream media? Why can't I get my stuff together sometimes? Why do people fight? Why do we have so many people running around like chickens with no thought for tomorrow or for how their actions affect others? Why is a large percentage of the population zoned out on drugs and booze? That would include perscription drugs the doc gives people for "anxiety"? 

Of course I know the answer to these and many other issues, but sometimes I just need to vent to God about it. Why do I often feel like a little fish in a big pond swimming around in circles? Stuff like that.

Matthew 11:12 (NKJV)
“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

Be blessed in taking Heaven by force….

As scripture says in another place; the suffering of the present will not compare to the glory….

Oh to know the glory, blessings, Not me 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

On 11/12/2023 at 11:14 AM, Renskedejonge said:

720f65de506cfc0097cad952436256e0.jpg.3b9037d86dd1cc327b9dc21de08979b6.jpg

Hi @Renskedejonge As Jeremiah 17.10 says: 'I the LORD search the heart...'

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 11/6/2023 at 11:04 AM, Starise said:

I was recently talking with some friends. We were on the subject of being frustrated about things sometimes. One of them mentioned they didn't feel comfortable taking that to God.

We all go through these very human experiences and sometimes it seems we hold back how we really feel, even to God. I mean, He already knows regardless.

Does anyone else have times when they get frustrated and vent to God? I have had some interesting discussions with him in my car when noone else is in it. The only other place I would feel comfortable doing that is in the deep woods or a solitary bathroom with good soundproofing. Usually for me, it's in the car.

How about you? Do you feel it's disrespectul to vent to Jesus?

I had an experience when looking for another home, with my wife, back in 2016.  We had been doing this for about 3 months and looked at around 100 houses! (realtors get rather "excited" when I tell them that number) We'd finally found one which marked off nearly all the boxes on both of our lists, and I felt like it was the one the Lord wanted us to have.  However, she was hung-up on what I considered a couple pretty minor interior things, which really frustrated me immensely. And she was adamant that it just wouldn't work.

I brought the matter to my small brothers' group and a couple of them responded, "It's impossible to change a wife's mind!" (aka "Job's advisors" - LOL)  And at about that time, someone gave a nice offer on our existing home, but we had to be out pretty quickly.  I was being squeezed . . .

So a few days later I was in my car (like you said you liked to do) and it really boiled up inside me. I yelled at the Lord, and pounded on the dash, saying, "Lord, if you want us in that house, you have to change her mind!!!"

That exact, very instant, I got a text from her saying, "I'm having second thoughts on that house and think we should look at it again with the designer."

That next day, after Sunday worship, when we walked into the house to take another look, her attitude was completely different and quite positive!  This was 100% not my doing (or really, hers either)

And my testimony is that the handful of times in my life, when I've cried out to Him in utter desperation, He's responded in a wonderfully decisive way . . . often immediately!

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Starise said:

The world at large is a very evil place overall and getting worse over time. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Why are people being attacked because of their ethnicity or beliefs? Why are the innocent being murdered? Why do we have things like child sex trafficking, being operated by hollywood, political figures and other "high up" people? Why do people generally listen to and believe the mainstream media? Why can't I get my stuff together sometimes? Why do people fight? Why do we have so many people running around like chickens with no thought for tomorrow or for how their actions affect others? Why is a large percentage of the population zoned out on drugs and booze? That would include prescription drugs the doc gives people for "anxiety"? 

Hi Starise,

I think men especially would get angry at the pain and suffering especially of women and children. Whereas women tend to feel the pain etc. that emotion.

Anyway, I have found it very helpful to, as you do to know the reason why all the suffering, and then to focus on the Lord who will bring judgment and finally in His time make it all right. We need to submit to the Lord`s timing for His hand of mercy is extended right till the end and untold millions will still come to the Lord in the years to come.

Think of the Great multitude that no one can count in the tribulation. They die of - hunger/ heat/ thirst yet turn to God. 

Suffering is not the criteria, but God`s great mercy.

• Praise God! 1

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Starise,

I think men especially would get angry at the pain and suffering especially of women and children. Whereas women tend to feel the pain etc. that emotion.

Anyway, I have found it very helpful to, as you do to know the reason why all the suffering, and then to focus on the Lord who will bring judgment and finally in His time make it all right. We need to submit to the Lord`s timing for His hand of mercy is extended right till the end and untold millions will still come to the Lord in the years to come.

Think of the Great multitude that no one can count in the tribulation. They die of - hunger/ heat/ thirst yet turn to God. 

Suffering is not the criteria, but God`s great mercy.

Thanks for grounding me @Marilyn C

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Yes just this week in fact I had a blistering talk with God. In my bedroom no one else home, I said this to him why was I born here in USA and not in Iran> Why was I fortunate enough to not be brainwashed like Hamas fighters. Brainwashed from birth to hate and think if I die jihad style I get 70 virgins. Then my Mom brags and is so proud of me and how I chopped of the heads of the jews. Instead I was brainwashed into Christianity and excepted the one true God and his son. Why God, why was I born here and they were born there. Then I began to weep for Hamas fighters who no fault of there own became who they are and pleaded with God please God don't send them to hell it's not their fault!  Give them another chance God let them find your Son!

11 hours ago, backontrack said:

Yes just this week in fact I had a blistering talk with God. In my bedroom no one else home, I said this to him why was I born here in USA and not in Iran> Why was I fortunate enough to not be brainwashed like Hamas fighters. Brainwashed from birth to hate and think if I die jihad style I get 70 virgins. Then my Mom brags and is so proud of me and how I chopped of the heads of the jews. Instead I was brainwashed into Christianity and excepted the one true God and his son. Why God, why was I born here and they were born there. Then I began to weep for Hamas fighters who no fault of there own became who they are and pleaded with God please God don't send them to hell it's not their fault!  Give them another chance God let them find your Son!

Maybe your choice of words here conveys something different than the way I read it. I don't believe Christianity is "brainwashing". Children who are brought up in Christian homes are simply exposed to those teachings and are free to either accept them or deny them. Unlike Hamas who are shunted into a thought chutes. Yes there are quasi Christian cults who DO use those techniques and we condemn them openly here because they are NOT Christian.

Jesus told us to go into all the world to preach and teach the gospel. No differentiation, no bias, so I think those in Hamas and in Gaza need people to go there and help them, show them.

No getting around it. Jesus was a Jew. He still IS a Jew, but fully God. The Jewish people WHO FOLLOW JESUS will be saved. The Hamas people WHO FOLLOW Jesus will be saved.

God is no respecter of persons. If you feel that burden go minister to these people.

• Well Said! 1